ImageImage

Should we replace Bud now ? (58 season games remaining)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Should we replace Bud now ? 58 games remaining for the Season

Yes, now . Just fire him
46%
Yes, but after the trade deadline
7%
No, he is the best we could have
33%
No, we are the No1 seed for 2 years, I trust him
15%

Total votes: 136

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Should we replace Bud now ? (58 season games remaining) 

Post#1 » by Fotis St » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 am

A poster here told me to make a poll
about firing Bud weeks ago. I think now is the most appropriate time to decide if he is worth keeping or we need something new. I believe 58 games is just enough time for a new coach to set new schemes.

Is it time to move on from Bud ?
Should we replace him ?
58 Season games remaining
Yes or No ?
Why ?
If Yes name some coaches that you believe we have more chances with them.

I made 4 options in order to separate the ones who are disgusted , the ones who want to change but not immediately, the ones who trust Bud and the ones who believe he is the lesser bad coach we can have
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Should we replace Bud now ? (58 season games remaining) 

Post#2 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 am

Nah next summer after we exit in the 2nd round.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#3 » by HKPackFan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:02 am

Not yet. Bud is on the hotseat. I'm losing faith in him, but I let him play out this year.

A couple big criticism....

He doesn't play his stars more than 32 minutes.

Well Giannis got 40 minutes last night and our stars are definitely playing more minutes than any time in the bud era.

He's stubborn and doesn't switch is defense and all opponents have figured it out.

Well, they have been switching. I'm not sure if it's only holiday, but I see holiday switching more last couple of games... Seems it's a work in process.

He plays the same 5 out offense and it doesn't fix the wall Giannis will see come playoffs/everyone knows how to defend our offense.

Eric Neihm had an article talking about the dunker spot on the floor, a new tweak to his old scheme.

His rotations suck.

Ya. They can be annoying. I don't know if it's just the crappy bench and u can't make a chicken salad out of chicken ****, or he sticks with bad rotations too long or a combination. I personally would like to see more of the rookies just to see if they can be useful by the playoffs. They both have sweet strokes and I think they would be an upgrade over the 29.7% 3 shooting we saw tonight. Rookies are going to be raw so they need minutes to get better. Can they give us 5-7 minutes a night in non garbage time and get a feel for the game so they can be relied by post season? I really want to see that.

His x's and o's suck

Middleton's end if game shot was no different than the typical Jason kidd desperation play. There's so much let it fly from crappy streaky bench players it can be infruitating. I want to see more plays with holiday in control. Maybe Bud will push the team more in that direction.

Bud is not perfect, and the criticisms are valid. Yet has shown early signs of a willingness to change. He does have half a new team to get used to playing his style. It may be he wants them fully 100% in his system before he expands things and tweaks more.

I'm frustrated with him at times, but they are still winning and more importantly, he's showing signs he will adapt. I'm still going to see how it plays out while he gets this team to mesh, I'm still hopeful to an extent.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:29 am

How bout just making one of the options "NO."
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#5 » by chonestown » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Um, no Peg.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#6 » by SirChurros » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Nope. Re-evaluate after the season.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#7 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 pm

This is a stupid poll. What are we going to replace him with? Then it'll take 3 months to find our groove under the new coach...pass.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#8 » by tski1972 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Should we replace Fotis?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#9 » by Prez » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:48 pm

I’d like to change it up and give a guy like Chris Finch a shot but there just isn’t a great time to do it this year, would’ve had to happen before training camp and Giannis hadn’t signed at that point so...

Obviously if we flameout this year again it has to happen.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#10 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:02 pm

I reserve the right to change my mind after the postseason this year but so far I think Bud is getting a bit too much heat from this board because it's always easiest to just blame the coach. He isn't perfect but he's shown inclinations toward adjustments people here have been wanting to see.

If we flame out again in the 2nd round, then I think everyone will be on board with a new voice.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#11 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:02 pm

We should hire a GM
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Dimosthenis
Freshman
And1: 228

Post#12 » by Dimosthenis » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:13 pm

I would be fine if we were the first NBA team with a woman as 1st coach. Bring Becky to Milwaukee (makes a rhyme :lol: ).
Το σηκώσαμε, το γαμημένο ....
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#13 » by mke_design » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:02 pm

What kind of choices are these? They’re terrible.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#14 » by aboveAverage » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Yes, we should. And we should do it now so that the new coach can implement their system long before the playoffs start. The only downside is that it might irritate Giannis and Khris, but it's worth the risk IMO.

We won't do it because it would be a huge risk for the front office. But if we want to win a championship this season, we have to do it. I strongly believe that we won't win one under Bud.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#15 » by Fotis St » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:01 pm

I voted fire him now. If Nurse won the NBA Championship in his 1st ever year as an NBA Coach, then I think we can do something similar.
I am sorry if this is disturbing for some, I had to post this poll in order to see what others feel. I have given up on Bud, I think he is holding us back at this stage and I would like an immediate hire of someone else. I am fine keeping him as assistant and kinda make the new Coach comfortable, but I am completely done with him.
He is not excused at all by me for his coaching mistakes, he is a vet coach. Anyway , we just saw Harden next to KD with only a week there, just winning a team that is playing together like forever. We didn't lost from our bench, we lost cause of bad rotations, bad usage distribution (we need to add Jrue's usage) and the stubborness to not even try Giannis on KD, neither Nwora & Merrill since all the others were bricking everything.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#16 » by Chapter29 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

No way we fire Bud mid season unless we are losing badly, which we are not. Just not even a reasonable question in my mind.

After the season this should be looked at and yes remove him if we have another post season flop.

The reason we have struggled IMO is our bench. Last night outside of maybe Bobby P the rest of the bench should never play. I am not sure what people see in Forbes but to me he is awful and DJA is worse. Ugh. Not seeing us getting past Brooklyn at this moment.
Giannis
is
UponUs
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#17 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:15 pm

I think he's gone after the season unless we make the Finals. Don't think they'll can him beforehand.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#18 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Nope, so far he's walked the walk and talked the talk as far as most of the biggest complaints about him. We're 9-5 and two of our losses went down to the final shot. Those types of games tend to end up evening out over the course of a season. I'm not a fan of some of the rotations we're seeing, but we're also only 14 games in and I think it's completely reasonable to be throwing different guys into different situations. If we fail early in this years playoffs, then probably.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#19 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 pm

If the Bucks lose with the same Giannis in the playoffs, and there's no indication that we won't, then can him. You can't have a stacked team approach the playoffs with the same strategy that cost them two years in a row. So far this season we're getting an even worse version of Giannis across the board, but I don't think a coaching change now accomplishes much.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#20 » by wallus » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:49 pm

He has this season to make the finals. If we don't make it, then you replace him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks