ImageImage

Should we replace Bud now ? (58 season games remaining)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Should we replace Bud now ? 58 games remaining for the Season

Yes, now . Just fire him
46%
Yes, but after the trade deadline
7%
No, he is the best we could have
33%
No, we are the No1 seed for 2 years, I trust him
15%

Total votes: 136

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Re: Should we replace Bud now ? (58 season games remaining) 

Post#221 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm

emunney wrote:League has gone from a team average of 34.1 to 34.9 3PA and a 1 percentage point increase on 3P%. Our defensive problems are primarily in the personnel bucket.

To be sure, the new bench has been a factor, since Bledsoe, Hill and Illyasova are all crafty veteran defenders as opposed to the new additions (besides Craig). Also a factor is Brook's continued decline. It's still a weird philosophy and annoying seeing so many of the perimeter defenders sag down to over-help on a mundane drive to the rim, only to leave open an above-average 3PT shooter.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#222 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Well, Chris Finch is no longer available. Not sure why we didn't make that move ourselves.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#223 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Well, Chris Finch is no longer available. Not sure why we didn't make that move ourselves.

My guess is to not rattle the ship during an off season where they wanted to offer Gianni the supermax.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#224 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Well, Chris Finch is no longer available. Not sure why we didn't make that move ourselves.

My guess is to not rattle the ship during an off season where they wanted to offer Gianni the supermax.

I understand that, but I'm not talking about this past off-season, I'm talking about 3-4 weeks ago. Chris Finch should not have been available for Minnesota to hire this week, because the Bucks should have already hired him during the season.
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#225 » by The Wet Whistle » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:36 pm

With Finch off the market next man up is Wes Unseld Jr imo. Regardless of whether you think Bucks should/should not move on from Bud I think Wes should be getting HC looks

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#226 » by Fotis St » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:02 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:We are loosing time ... in fact a whole season of healthy Giannis

Post in this thread after every win.

There you go. I am here and I want Bud gone even on a 4 win streak at 20-13. Our issues don't stop at Bud , but it is a good start to replace him. It is not happening , Bucks org has the small market mentality that has almost doomed us.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 675

Post#227 » by ejn1214 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:07 am

No chance he's gone mid season but they need to get rid of him after we get bounced before the finals.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#228 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:13 am

Got one of the only guys in the league who can guard Zion, put him on Ball. :dontknow:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#229 » by Jez2983 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:12 am

Fotis St wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:We are loosing time ... in fact a whole season of healthy Giannis

Post in this thread after every win.

There you go. I am here and I want Bud gone even on a 4 win streak at 20-13. Our issues don't stop at Bud , but it is a good start to replace him. It is not happening , Bucks org has the small market mentality that has almost doomed us.

:thumbsup:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#230 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:25 am

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but...

I've had a couple of things that really annoy me about a Bud lead team.

#1 He goes too far into his bench with 12 person rotations even in the playoffs
#2 He doesn't play his stars enough, ESPECIALLY GIANNIS.

Well, this year has been different. The rotation has definitely been tighter all year long. We have 2 roster spots open, and the 3 rookies almost never see meaningful minutes. Outside of garbage team or health issues we dont go beyond 10 deep and even then Thanasis is #10 and gets only a few minutes a game. We've criticized the top 8 is more important in the playoffs vs the top 12, and it seems the team is changing that.

Giannis is absolutely playing a lot more minutes. He's being used like a normal MVP superstar is used. His minutes last year were 30.4 and year before 32.8, and this season hes around 34.1 per game. But not just the overall minutes, its the fact that Giannis is playing entire 4th quarters when necessary. Big moments or tight games, Bud would robotically just take him out, not anymore. Tons of games and big wins Giannis got 36,38,39,40 minutes (not OT games).

#3 His drop D has been figured out.
#4 We never switch and even if we do Lopez is a disaster.

Well we have seen the team, especially when Jrue arrived, they are experimenting with different D's. There's been a heck of a lot more switching and even I think a game or two ago they sprinkled in some zone.

We have Tucker now, and we saw him switch against the Celtics the other night, so there could be Bud's answer when Lopez becomes unplayable.

#5 we suck closing out games.
#6 we suck out of time out game clinching plays. The old Khris double teamed prayer off of one backfoot never works and never fools anyone.

This team has had some great games with clutch plays and performances during this win streak. Its not all perfect with letting 76ers go to OT and giving up a wide open 3 vs the celtics. Yet there's definitely been some growth. Also vs the celtics DDV blocks a shot with 35 seconds left. Lopez Blocks a shot with a 2 seconds left. Smart is forced to take a TO to avoid a 5 second violation. They had 3-4 good defensive plays before blowing it to Theis and he just missed.

On #6 I'm Still not confident we call good ATO's to win a game. :dontknow:

But the first 5 critiques I have of Bud, seems like they are being addressed. And its making me feel there's a chance things wont be the same this time around.

I also have a critique when we get stuck watching Giannis slam into a wall and there's no movement, but that seems to be working itself out as well. We have the dunker spot, Giannis is making better decisions and his assists are going through the roof, and Jrue does create some offense at times. So maybe there's some growth there as well.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks