Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,777

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 am

Other thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#2 » by raferfenix » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:55 am

Yay or nay:

PJ Tucker + Boogie for DJ Augustin’s corpse + DJ Wilson’s ending contract + some combination of 2nd round picks.

We have our own 2nd round picks in 2023, 2024, 2027 and then Indiana’s in 2025.

KOC says Houston is asking for three 2nd round picks for Tucker.

Not sure how I feel about it. How many picks we deal would matter, but more importantly, whether PJ (and Boogie) are cooked or not. Also whether we want to spend our extremely limited assets on front court help.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#3 » by Coach Carter » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:14 am

Glad other ppl are on board with PJ tucker. Nice contrast to Brook and will add some bite. Dude is 44% from 3pt (it would be a ''very bucks thing'' for him to not shoot this well if we get him). Anyway, a contender will pick him up.

Give DJ some burn after the lakers game, hopefully it convinces Houston that he's the next Christian Wood.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,669

Post#4 » by Prez » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:17 am

Tucker/Ariza plz

Alec Burks would also be cool.
IJustJrueMyself
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by IJustJrueMyself » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:51 am

I really hope we go after Tucker or any solid veteran who can provide at both ends at this point. After that Brooklyn game, we would hopefully want to get better defensive players at least (or try Craig at least once) that can make a potential playoff series way harder on that Three Headcase Monster in Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,061

Post#6 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:59 am

IJustJrueMyself wrote:I really hope we go after Tucker or any solid veteran who can provide at both ends at this point. After that Brooklyn game, we would hopefully want to get better defensive players at least (or try Craig at least once) that can make a potential playoff series way harder on that Three Headcase Monster in Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Welcome to the board, I just had to give props on your username. Well played.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#7 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:48 am

It's too bad George Hill seems to have gone out on a bad note, what with liking anti-Giannis tweets and then suggesting the Bucks might have traded him because of the protest game, because he's just about the most blatantly obvious realistic target in the entire league for them. DJA + DJW + a second-rounder or two cleans up the books a little and he's a perfect fit compared to DJA. It also seems pretty likely OKC will fall to the bottom of the standings eventually and look to get what they can for him.

Baynes was a preferred target of mine but I'm beginning to suspect him of mailing it in after getting what will likely be his last decent payday. Patty Mills is somewhat unlikely to be available IMO. PJ Tucker is intriguing but the Rockets insisted on trying to stay competitive this year when making the Harden deal so I'm not sure how that works with what the Bucks would want to give them. He's also bitching about a near-MLE extension despite being almost 36, which gives me a damn headache.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,669

Post#8 » by Prez » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:01 am

Some great Bucks talk on Lowe’s latest pod with Arnovitz.

Dropped a really interesting (and promising) stat that Giannis was the screener in 36 possessions last night - his previous high in the entire Bud era before last night’s game was 21. Between some of the proactive not reactive defensive looks they’re trying, molding Giannis’ role a bit, higher minutes for top guys in big games, etc, they’re making the clear playoff oriented adjustments. It’s on Horst now to replenish the bench because the pile of **** we have there now outside of Bobby isn’t getting it done.

Btw I’m choosing to take credit for his take that on the spectrum of LeBron (playmaker) to Davis (play finisher), the championship version of Giannis is tilted much closer to Davis lol..pay me ESPN
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 784

Post#9 » by drdrG » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 am

I have been incredibly encouraged by Giannis the last two games. He's had only one offensive foul, showed a willingness to score from the post and midrange rather than forcing himself to the rim, and passed out of double teams and from the wall. As Zach Lowe pointed out, Giannis also set a bunch of screens last night - many of them ended in open looks for Forbes and Middleton. The offense will be much more variable and effective in the playoffs if this continues.

None of that is to say it hasn't been without warts, but I think the changes are very sustainable.

I like Alex Len, no thank you on PJ Tucker unless it is to exchange DJA.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#10 » by crowhead76 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Augustine and 2nd for Garrett Temple

DJW, Craig, and a 2nd for P.J. Tucker

Sign Alex Len and Kevin Porter Jr

Holiday - Temple - Merrill - Adams (2W)
Dante - Pat - Forbes - Porter Jr
Middleton - Tucker - Nwora
Giannis - Portis - Thanasis - Diakite (2W)
Lopez - Len
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#11 » by ABucksFan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:49 pm

What's going on with Dedmon. Can we scoop him up.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#12 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:16 pm

I still think the German kid on the Wizards, Wagner, has some potential left. Wouldn't mind picking him up on the cheap and let him develop under BroLo.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,914

Post#13 » by soxperry » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm

At this time, it feels like Giannis struggles as a roll man. Once he successfully gets a good position and grabs the ball securely, its over, but everything up to that point seems hard for him. Hopefully by the playoffs he is better at it.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#14 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:32 pm

soxperry wrote:At this time, it feels like Giannis struggles as a roll man. Once he successfully gets a good position and grabs the ball securely, its over, but everything up to that point seems hard for him. Hopefully by the playoffs he is better at it.

The whole world will open up for him once he learns how to dominate with less usage/ball-handling. He can roll to the rim for a layup, roll out for an easier 15-17 foot jumper, or roll into an advantageous post-up from 12 feet away.

If there's a scenario where the Bucks could either trade for an athletic/mobile big who can switch on D and stay in front of other talented bigs (Jokic, Embiid, Davis, etc.) I'm all for it. It seems pretty apparent that Gianni probably doesn't want to devote 40% of his time to playing C.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#15 » by emunney » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:41 pm

WRau1 wrote:I still think the German kid on the Wizards, Wagner, has some potential left. Wouldn't mind picking him up on the cheap and let him develop under BroLo.

His younger brother is pretty nice, have enjoyed watching him this year. I liked Moritz at Michigan, too, but Franz is really a complete player. Ingles-y.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,530

Post#16 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:56 pm

emunney wrote:
WRau1 wrote:I still think the German kid on the Wizards, Wagner, has some potential left. Wouldn't mind picking him up on the cheap and let him develop under BroLo.

His younger brother is pretty nice, have enjoyed watching him this year. I liked Moritz at Michigan, too, but Franz is really a complete player. Ingles-y.

As a German, he can only be compared to one of two players: Dennis Schroeder or Uwe Blab.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,829

Post#17 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 pm

drdrG wrote:I have been incredibly encouraged by Giannis the last two games. He's had only one offensive foul, showed a willingness to score from the post and midrange rather than forcing himself to the rim, and passed out of double teams and from the wall. As Zach Lowe pointed out, Giannis also set a bunch of screens last night - many of them ended in open looks for Forbes and Middleton. The offense will be much more variable and effective in the playoffs if this continues.

None of that is to say it hasn't been without warts, but I think the changes are very sustainable.

I like Alex Len, no thank you on PJ Tucker unless it is to exchange DJA.

I might be imagining, but I could've sworn I saw multiple possessions where he drove hard into the lane and STOPPED before contact, kicked it out, or held it for a minute. Whereas in the past it was bulldoze through it all.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#18 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:29 am

Pasecniks was waived , Noah Vonleh is available and Justin Anderson ... we need a trade at least to free up some cap space... don't know what are we waiting for ? Elie Okobo was waived too.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#19 » by DrWood » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:19 pm

mo Wagner is a dick. and not a good defender in spite of being a thug. We could use another 4/5, but he doesn't seem to be worthwhile to acquire. I don't know if he's just missed games because of covid or something else.

I mean, for free, sure. If Bud wants an alternative to Wilson, trade him for Wagner, if the Wizards accept.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#20 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:55 pm

DrWood wrote:

mo Wagner is a dick. and not a good defender in spite of being a thug. We could use another 4/5, but he doesn't seem to be worthwhile to acquire. I don't know if he's just missed games because of covid or something else.

I mean, for free, sure. If Bud wants an alternative to Wilson, trade him for Wagner, if the Wizards accept.

Granted, you seem to know more about him than I do but from what I watched in college and the limited amount I've seen in the pros, he appears to have a lot of tools we could use in Bud's stretch 5. Also wouldn't mind having another enforcer around.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks