ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics 

Post#1941 » by smauss » Mon Mar 8, 2021 4:32 am

I find it interesting that we are discussing lists of 2's that won championships when the REAL question should be "Can we win a championship with Brook at the 5?" or "Can we win a championship with with Midds as our second option?" These are much more pertinent than if our 4th or 5th option is good enough.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM Forums mobile app
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#1942 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Mar 8, 2021 4:48 am

Brook’s defense hasn’t been up to par this season, but the rest of his game has been pretty much where it has been during his tenure in Milwaukee. I actually hope we go to his post game more in the playoffs when play is slowed down much more so than the regular season. It felt like he could’ve really won that Heat series had he been given more opportunities. He absolutely feasted on Bam. It’s one thing that nobody really talks about because the Bucks lost in the fashion they did, but Brook was pretty incredible in that series.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1943 » by DrWood » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:55 am

leroyjw10 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
The team doesn't tank when Brook is on the floor, but the team tanks with DJA or Forbes on the floor. 1st priority is a 3rd guard. Next priority is another forward for our small ball lineup. If it takes Brook to acquire them, so be it.

I think trading DJA or Forbes + a pick for someone who takes their minutes plus maybe half the minutes of the one who wasn't traded (DJA or Forbes) plus 1-2 of Donte's minutes and a few of Pat's minutes would have a ripple-down effect even if the guy wouldn't start. That would be over 30 minutes a game. Assuming he's good enough to earn those minutes, that would be a big improvement. I just don't know who that guy could be, but he's a combo guard or tall PG.

As far as realistic gets, sounds a lot like Delon Wright.

He's close, but I don't think he'd warrant 30+ minutes a game on his roster.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#1944 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:19 am

The Nets are pulling a Tampa Bay.. this b.s. is all fixed. Another mystery call after the whistle.. we will lose to the Nets in the ECF. They are stacked with all stars. Diakite or whoever isn't saving us from this.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#1945 » by Fotis St » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:25 am

KidA24 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:It seems that Coach Obradovic is FA. Last 20 years he only coached 2 teams, Panathinaikos and Fener... its so rare and right on time.
Just fire Bud and sign Obradovic a 5 year deal.
He will 1000% get us at least one Ring in his time.
Please Owners if you even care to win it all just hire Obradovic NOW .

He'd last two weeks at most. Not a single NBA vet would play for his domineering coaching style.

Well don't worry about that. Our players except Giannis as it is right now are all role players and we have only one superstar Giannis who is the most coachable Superstar in basketball. Jrue , Khris will fit fine in his system cause they are coachable too.

What does "NBA vet" mean exactly ? We were full of them last 2 seasons and they all choked including our Coach. Well Obradovic doesn't choke, he is like the Kobe of Coaches.
So **** vets .... get me winners
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#1946 » by smauss » Mon Mar 8, 2021 1:12 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:It seems that Coach Obradovic is FA. Last 20 years he only coached 2 teams, Panathinaikos and Fener... its so rare and right on time.

He'd last two weeks at most. Not a single NBA vet would play for his domineering coaching style.

I tend to agree with you! The patients are in charge of the asylum on this side of the pond.......
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#1947 » by pilprin » Mon Mar 8, 2021 1:57 pm

-Jragon- wrote:The Nets are pulling a Tampa Bay.. this b.s. is all fixed. Another mystery call after the whistle.. we will lose to the Nets in the ECF. They are stacked with all stars. Diakite or whoever isn't saving us from this.

This is why I want to make sure we are looking at a 2-3 year window...not just this year window. Re-sign Jrue and look to upgrade at the #2 (could be adding another #1 and letting Jrue play more #2) and #5...The PJ Tucker talk needs to stop.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#1948 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:29 pm

midranger wrote:DDV is not “thee” problem, nor really a big problem at all. He’ll never be Klay, Wade, Manu, or Kobe.

IF he were Danny Green, he’d be great. Of course, Danny Green is a longer, better, more versatile defender, is a MUCH better/more consistent shooting threat, and doesn’t do stupid stuff that is beyond his skill set.

Maybe DDV settles in a bit and becomes that guy. He’s not too far off.

The bolded (above) is the key for DDV. He just needs to be solid; no long pull-up 3s or challenging bigger defenders at the rim.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1949 » by WRau1 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:29 pm

Unless Griffin somehow finds the fountain of youth, noone should be worried about that signing. Just another unlikable guy on the most unlikable team in the league.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#1950 » by emunney » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:45 pm

I think the only real question is how good we'll be after the Dame trade.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1951 » by raferfenix » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:45 pm

It's wrong for the league and its media mouthpieces to lift up the Nets like they are.

Gross for all involved to incentivize players like James Harden to quit on their teams.

These tactics are old news of course but it's getting worse.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,186

Post#1952 » by Chad34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:29 pm

I need some inside info. Who's got it, and what magic does horst have up his sleeve besides a disappearing act? I need to dream a little. Steph, Dame, who are we getting? :D I'm for redoing the entire roster beside Giannis if need be to get a second star. Do you think the organization sees the futility of the current roster as constructed?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,105

Post#1953 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 8, 2021 4:45 pm

Would be nice to get a premium buy-out candidate this year. Sounds like Drummond is leaning towards the Lakers. I heard Otto Porter might get bought out and that there is mutual interest with the Warriors. He would be a nice bench piece for us.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#1954 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:13 pm

Would love to get Otto Porter if he is bought out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#1955 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:15 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:Brook’s defense hasn’t been up to par this season, but the rest of his game has been pretty much where it has been during his tenure in Milwaukee. I actually hope we go to his post game more in the playoffs when play is slowed down much more so than the regular season. It felt like he could’ve really won that Heat series had he been given more opportunities. He absolutely feasted on Bam. It’s one thing that nobody really talks about because the Bucks lost in the fashion they did, but Brook was pretty incredible in that series.

I've also seen Gianni beast up on Bam in the post but for whatever reason Bud is allergic to advantageous post-ups and drawing double-teams.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#1956 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:22 pm

Fotis St wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Well don't worry about that. Our players except Giannis as it is right now are all role players and we have only one superstar Giannis who is the most coachable Superstar in basketball. Jrue , Khris will fit fine in his system cause they are coachable too.

What does "NBA vet" mean exactly ? We were full of them last 2 seasons and they all choked including our Coach. Well Obradovic doesn't choke, he is like the Kobe of Coaches.

Modern day American athletes would NEVER accept a coach like Obradovich screaming his head off at them like a coked-up Bobby Knight, no matter how brilliant of a coach he may be (I think he is). End of story.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#1957 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:28 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Thanos1985 wrote:Giannis in all star interview said that last year spent a lot of time with lowry...

We wouldn’t have much of a roster left after this but it looks like the salary works (with a bit of cushion under the hard cap to fill out the roster) fwiw:

Bucks trade: Donte, BroLo, Connaughton, Augustin, Wilson

Raptors trade: Lowry

I would've tried something like this last season. Lowry/Holiday/Khris/Gianni is an elite foursome but will the spare parts after them be enough against Brooklyn and/or Philly?

There's an ancillary move, whether buyout or trade, that may make a difference in April/May that I can't yet see but know exists.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#1958 » by emunney » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:37 pm

Otto Porter is a way better player than the kind of guy who should be available via buyout.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#1959 » by Fotis St » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:41 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Modern day American athletes would NEVER accept a coach like Obradovich screaming his head off at them like a coked-up Bobby Knight, no matter how brilliant of a coach he may be (I think he is). End of story.

But I have seen it working , multiple times. The Players just love him at the end, cause they understand he was pushing them to become the best they can be. He is like Coach Carter ( have you seen the movie? ). He is that special. If modern NBA athletes are playing only on contract years and having pride without winning anything all the way, I would prefer Obradovic to handle them and clear this team from garbage from top to bottom. I have seen it with Obradovic, I have seen it in soccer in the Greek National Team winning the Europe Cup in 2004 with a German coach that excluded from the team 2 cocky players (Georgatos & Zikos) whose contracts were probably the 2 best in the whole team, playing international. He actually cut them and we won the European Cup because of coaching decisions on players and tactics. So if we care about winning we better bring the best out there. The best coach out there is Obradovic. We are not the most talented team in the NBA . we are really far from that , so in order to win it all, to actually have a chance, we need TOP TIER Coaching , so the players perform like 120% of their abilities.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1960 » by skones » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:47 pm

emunney wrote:Otto Porter is a way better player than the kind of guy who should be available via buyout.

And unfortunately, these top guys are looking at the Lakers and the Nets. Milwaukee isn't in the mix as they were the past couple of years. We're further down the totem pole.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks