CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics 

Post#1961 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:49 pm

Fotis St wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
Well don't worry about that. Our players except Giannis as it is right now are all role players and we have only one superstar Giannis who is the most coachable Superstar in basketball. Jrue , Khris will fit fine in his system cause they are coachable too.

What does "NBA vet" mean exactly ? We were full of them last 2 seasons and they all choked including our Coach. Well Obradovic doesn't choke, he is like the Kobe of Coaches.
So **** vets .... get me winners

Modern day American athletes would NEVER accept a coach like Obradovich screaming his head off at them like a coked-up Bobby Knight, no matter how brilliant of a coach he may be (I think he is). End of story.

But I have seen it working , multiple times. The Players just love him at the end, cause they understand he was pushing them to become the best they can be. He is like Coach Carter ( have you seen the movie? ). He is that special. If modern NBA athletes are playing only on contract years and having pride without winning anything all the way, I would prefer Obradovic to handle them and clear this team from garbage from top to bottom. I have seen it with Obradovic, I have seen it in soccer in the Greek National Team winning the Europe Cup in 2004 with a German coach that excluded from the team 2 cocky players (Georgatos & Zikos) whose contracts were probably the 2 best in the whole team, playing international. He actually cut them and we won the European Cup because of coaching decisions on players and tactics.

While Europeans and Americans are very similar, there are also major differences. I wouldn't use a Hollywood movie or the Greek National Football Team circa 2004 Euro as an example, as by 2008 that team was garbage and Rehagel bolted.

The closest comparison to Obradovic would probably be Pop in San Antonio (arguably greatest ever) and even Pop's elite level coaching and San Antonio's steady brilliance as an organization couldn't keep Kawhi Leonard in town. I guess if Gianni would be willing to be coached hard the rest of the team would follow suit, but generally speaking American athletes wouldn't respond to him telling players to hit the showers at halftime and don't come back. It would make for some damn great television, though, just to see the Sports Media hold town-hall sessions about his coaching.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1962 » by LuessiT » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:50 pm

emunney wrote:Otto Porter is a way better player than the kind of guy who should be available via buyout.

Getting Otto Porter via buyout would be nuts. I'd rather have Otto Porter than all of Griffin, Cousins and Tucker.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,851

Post#1963 » by Fotis St » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:57 pm

Yes charity , I understand your arguement. I strongly believe Giannis & Khris & Jrue are not divas and they will reach their top of their abilities coached by Obradovic. He is perfect for us since we don't have the Harden,Kyrie,Durant,Blake roster. Yeah Nets players will riot and demand a puppy coach. At this point of time at our current roster, he is our best probably our only chance maybe to win it all.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#1964 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:00 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:Otto Porter is a way better player than the kind of guy who should be available via buyout.

Getting Otto Porter via buyout would be nuts. I'd rather have Otto Porter than all of Griffin, Cousins and Tucker.

A healthy Porter would be a nice veteran addition and would definitely both bolster the bench and provide some really fun Gianni-at-C lineups.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#1965 » by crkone » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:04 pm

Hell yeah to Porter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#1966 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:10 pm

Really surprised that some execs actually think Porter will be bought out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#1967 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:15 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised that some execs actually think Porter will be bought out.

Especially considering his contract expires at the end of the season. I'm wondering if they're thinking no one would trade for him.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1968 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:15 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

A healthy Porter would be a nice veteran addition and would definitely both bolster the bench and provide some really fun Gianni-at-C lineups.

Key word there being healthy. He's got a chronic condition with at least 1 of his hips - which leads to other problems.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1969 » by LuessiT » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:22 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Really surprised that some execs actually think Porter will be bought out.

Especially considering his contract expires at the end of the season. I'm wondering if they're thinking no one would trade for him.

None will trade for him.
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#1970 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:27 pm

Ruzious wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Key word there being healthy. He's got a chronic condition with at least 1 of his hips - which leads to other problems.

Probably nothing ends up happening with him. A bad hip really sucks, especially for lateral movement.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#1971 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:32 pm

skones wrote:

And unfortunately, these top guys are looking at the Lakers and the Nets. Milwaukee isn't in the mix as they were the past couple of years. We're further down the totem pole.

There was a Bobby Marks piece on Blake last night, shilling that it’s good he’s going to the Nets because great teams get these guys. He then tried to equate Griffin to us getting “Pau” two years ago, so small markets didn’t feel bad.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,902

Post#1972 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
skones wrote:

And unfortunately, these top guys are looking at the Lakers and the Nets. Milwaukee isn't in the mix as they were the past couple of years. We're further down the totem pole.

There was a Bobby Marks piece on Blake last night, shilling that it’s good he’s going to the Nets because great teams get these guys. He then tried to equate Griffin to us getting “Pau” two years ago, so small markets didn’t feel bad.

This is why I'd be all-in on Porter if he becomes available. At worst you get a guy who can't stay healthy, but that's no different than some over-the-hill vet like Pau who wouldn't contribute in the PO's anyway. Which isn't to say guys like Tucker or Cousins are -that- washed or wouldn't be given opportunities, but swing for the fences if you can.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,667

Post#1973 » by Prez » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:54 pm

Man, good Otto Porter is like the perfect fit as that 5th closer.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1974 » by crowhead76 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:19 pm

Somehow turning the DJ's into Delon Wright and signing Otto Porter Jr after a buyout would be huge upgrade to this roster. Maybe they could flip Craig for Len.

Holiday - Wright - Powell
DDV - Forbes - Merrill
Middleton - Pat - Nwora
Giannis - Porter Jr - Thanasis
Lopez - Portis - Len - Diakite
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1975 » by raferfenix » Mon Mar 8, 2021 8:32 pm

Here's KOC's report on Otto, which says the Warriors are interested in him, but not that Otto necessarily wants to go to Golden State:

Teams are also eyeing Otto Porter Jr., who’s played only 45 games with the Bulls since being acquired from the Wizards in 2019 because of ongoing back issues. Chicago could just let his contract run out before he hits the market this offseason, but executives believe a buyout could occur. League sources say one team with interest in Porter is the Warriors.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#1976 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:17 pm

emunney wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:We start two shooting guards.

2 combo guards, 2 point forwards, and a 3 point shooting center.

Sure. Think what I'm going for is that "shooting guard" isn't the question as much as 4th/5th best offensive starters.

Bingo.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#1977 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:18 pm

Been wanting Otto Porter as the small ball 4 since I gave up on Jabari.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
thrice123
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#1978 » by thrice123 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:57 pm

Did anyone listen to Woelful on the Chris Sheridan podcast? I dont have time to right now but he highlights a possible trade or something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,103

Post#1979 » by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:10 am

thrice123 wrote:Did anyone listen to Woelful on the Chris Sheridan podcast? I dont have time to right now but he highlights a possible trade or something.

Nothing of substance as usual. "Talked to an executive" "Talked to a few GMs and scouts." He can't even say DiVincenzo correctly. Basically said the Bucks are trying to upgrade the SG position. Unless I glossed over it too quickly, I didn't hear anything specific.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#1980 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:31 am

I feel like the most realistic buyout guy for the Bucks is Wayne Ellington. I was hoping we could get Snell back, but he’s been killing it in Atlanta. If they want a shot at the playoffs they’d be stupid to buy him out

Return to Milwaukee Bucks