ImageImage

Bring in Ujiri

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Bring in Ujiri 

Post#41 » by skones » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:Jesus, you're so overly dramatic. This isn't a contest. I gave you my reasoning, and we just disagree.

Ruzious wrote:I'll say this one more time, and end this conversation.

Sure. I'm the one being dramatic. We must forget Ujiri wanted things so difficult for HIS team so he positioned himself to poach a SECOND MVP Caliber player in Giannis. Throw his track record out of the window. But you're right, he's not like everyone else, he only has deeply Nigerian roots, an invested interest in African basketball and an opportunity to take that much further with Giannis Antetokounmpo close by, along with possible political aspirations (Clinton ties anyone?). Milwaukee provides zero motivation.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#42 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:58 pm

skones wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Jesus, you're so overly dramatic. This isn't a contest. I gave you my reasoning, and we just disagree.

Ruzious wrote:I'll say this one more time, and end this conversation.

Sure. I'm the one being dramatic. We must forget Ujiri wanted things so difficult for HIS team so he positioned himself to poach a SECOND MVP Caliber player in Giannis. Throw his track record out of the window. But you're right, he's not like everyone else, he only has deeply Nigerian roots, an invested interest in African basketball, and an opportunity to take that much further with Giannis Antetokounmpo close by. Milwaukee provides zero motivation.

Correct on the 1st sentence. The rest of what you said isn't relevant to the discussion. Him trying to get Giannis to Toronto would have been a huge move, but he's already on Milwaukee, so you're making a point that's irrelevant to the discussion. No offense, but it's silly to imply he wants to be Milwaukee's GM because of his African roots. So again, we obviously disagree and should drop it.
Fair enough?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
skones
RealGM

Post#43 » by skones » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:Correct on the 1st sentence. The rest of what you said isn't relevant to the discussion. Him trying to get Giannis to Toronto would have been a huge move, but he's already on Milwaukee, so you're making a point that's irrelevant to the discussion. No offense, but it's silly to imply he wants to be Milwaukee's GM because of his African roots. So again, we obviously disagree and should drop it.
Fair enough?

I don't know what exactly you're missing, but you're not reading what I'm saying in the correct context. You already said that you were going to "end the discussion" and continued. I did not imply that Ujiri "wants" to be Milwaukee's GM because of his African roots. I laid out a distinct advantage Milwaukee would provide in reaching his aspirations. Those are separate things.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:02 pm

skones wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Correct on the 1st sentence. The rest of what you said isn't relevant to the discussion. Him trying to get Giannis to Toronto would have been a huge move, but he's already on Milwaukee, so you're making a point that's irrelevant to the discussion. No offense, but it's silly to imply he wants to be Milwaukee's GM because of his African roots. So again, we obviously disagree and should drop it.
Fair enough?

I don't know what exactly you're missing, but you're not reading what I'm saying in the correct context. You already said that you were going to "end the discussion" and continued. I did not imply that Ujiri "wants" to be Milwaukee's GM because of his African roots. I laid out a distinct advantage Milwaukee would provide in reaching his aspirations. Those are separate things.

Agree.... to... disagree.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#45 » by TD75 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 9:14 pm

Do I believe Ujiri working in the Bucks' FO would be a great thing for the Bucks? Yes

Is there a chance that Ujiri will choose to be hired in the Bucks' FO? 0 chance in my opinion. Maybe a few years ago. Not now.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#46 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 3, 2021 9:19 pm

TD75 wrote:Do I believe Ujiri working in the Bucks' FO would be a great thing for the Bucks? Yes

Is there a chance that Ujiri will choose to be hired in the Bucks' FO? 0 chance in my opinion. Maybe a few years ago. Not now.

Yea, I can see this being an attractive place for a coach, but less so a GM/POBO.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#47 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 11:22 pm

th87 wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
skones wrote:
I don't buy this for a second. You have the opportunity to go to a franchise, Giannis Antetokounmpo is your franchise cornerstone, son, brother, girlfriend, and they haven't won a championship in 49 years. Instead you want to opt for Julius Randle? No chance.

Exactly lol. It would be a new challenge for him. And we have still have some valuable assets like Middleton and DDV. Giannis is 26, Masai would be able to mold the team how we wants so that we win a championship when Giannis is in his late 20's.

Ujiri's a shoo-in here if ownership wants him. Giannis and his family helped him develop his immigration application writing/sponsorship skills, so I'm sure he feels indebted to Giannis.

NGL, I laughed my ass off.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#48 » by old skool » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:20 am

The Bucks would be thrilled if Ujiri wanted to take over their front office, but lacking a stated desire to leave Toronto, i prefer that he stay with the Raptors. He is a part of their franchise like Antetokounmpo is part of Milwaukee's. There is no need to lust after another team's talent, eh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
skones
RealGM

Post#49 » by skones » Thu Feb 4, 2021 4:22 am

old skool wrote:The Bucks would be thrilled if Ujiri wanted to take over their front office, but lacking a stated desire to leave Toronto, i prefer that he stay with the Raptors. He is a part of their franchise like Antetokounmpo is part of Milwaukee's. There is no need to lust after another team's talent, eh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
I just want my GB thread unlocked so I can be merciless.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#50 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:29 am

If Horst gets fired after the job he's done, I can't imagine many candidates who have other options lining up to fill that role.
Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks