Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Re: PG: Bucks Cruise Past Blazers 

Post#61 » by DingleJerry » Tue Feb 2, 2021 7:34 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
BucksRule18 wrote:
fan230 wrote:I really liked dja at pg in the first quarter with most of the starters and jrue essentially playing sg. This allowed jrue to get into a scoring groove which he maintained even when he played pg later. Also dja played really well at pg, passing and scoring.

Also we are weak at the sg position with ddv.

Perhaps we could begin to try Merrill as a backup pg so that the Bucks can try dja as pg and jrue as sg with the other starters for longer periods.

I am not sure but I think Jrue may have been the sg for the Pelicans for the last 2 years when he played really well.

I think moving DJA to the starting line-up as our PG makes sense. I'm just concerned with Merrill running our second unit since he has a really bad handle at this point in his career. DDV has to improve, otherwise, we need to get another back-up serviceable point guard ASAP.

I was hoping Sam could be a 3rd-string PG, but he's proven incapable so far. It's pretty telling when the Bucks lean on Torrey and Thanasis to bring the ball up over Sam. Donte and Bryn aren't much better handling the ball. Really wish we had kept Frank Mason around.

In this scenario you still wouldn't need Sam unless someone gets hurt. You'd just have to stagger things so Jrue is essentially the #2 PG and out there when DJA isn't. Plus, let's not forget Giannis brings the ball up the majority of the time anyway. Granted, I want that to chance but I don't think it's going to happen
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#62 » by WRau1 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 8:12 pm

I like the idea of DJA starting next to Jrue, alot easier to hide him in a unit with multiple above average defenders.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#63 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Feb 2, 2021 9:22 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Perseus1966 wrote:Thanos is a kamikaze i like him.
I fear he is going to seriously injure somebody.

Yup. He just better be ready to fight because one of these days someone is going to take a swing.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#64 » by BucksRule18 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 9:30 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:

Yup. He just better be ready to fight because one of these days someone is going to take a swing.

He probably feels confident with Portis backing him up.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#65 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 10:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Bobby Portis has been our 3rd best player this far into the season and I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

Assuming you have Khris as the best, you think he's been better than one of Jrue or Giannis?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,555

Post#66 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 2, 2021 10:49 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Bobby Portis has been our 3rd best player this far into the season and I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

Assuming you have Khris as the best, you think he's been better than one of Jrue or Giannis?

Correct. I don't expect it to last, but he's been better playing the 5-spot than I thought he'd be.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#67 » by crowhead76 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:32 am

Portis seems to be playing within the offense and not forcing up shots, this team seems to be a great fit for him and vice versa.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#68 » by HKPackFan » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:37 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:

He looks like he's always ready for a fight. He has a little more of that rough around the edges, grew up on the streets vibe.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks