ImageImage

PG: Bucks Eclipsed By Suns

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

galena
Junior
And1: 62

Re: PG: Bucks Eclipsed By Suns 

Post#161 » by galena » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 am

RubberSoul wrote:I hate that shot oh well at least they got a shot off I’m thankful for that.
Hahaha nice TAKE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#162 » by galena » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:48 am

MoreTrife wrote:Crowder is definitely starting five of inconsequential players who I nevertheless despise!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha +1
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#163 » by galena » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:49 am

Bobicous wrote:Wow the NBA refs are clearly total and complete garbage! Crowder clearly pulled Giannis Shoulder to make him fall and nothing! Queen James gets that call 25 out of 10. Also love how frank the tank can be in the key 8 to 10 seconds with never a single 3 seconds call. Why even have rules if your going to ignore them. So happy the NBA will never get a penny from me.

Haha damn dude- well said!
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#164 » by galena » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 am

TD75 wrote:Who told Giannis (6'11'', unbelievable reach) to stay close to the middle of the court for the final play?

Asking the tough questions here.

Bud.
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#165 » by galena » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:54 am

Bucksmaniac wrote:One thing that stands out to the negative is DJ Augustin. -16 and nothing in the positive other than 6 inefficiently obtained points.

He’s just terrible. A truly awful player. And to think that initially I thought it was a solid signing. DJA is TOAST.
"I guess..."
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#166 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 pm

Fotis St wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I am sure one of you guys did the math, but is the DJA and Forbes two man just getting scorched? I'm not getting to see many games this year but that combo looks like a giant stinker at first glance. Kudos to those saying Forbes should be starting, he looked good in the first half. Feels like we kind of went away from him in the second.

Thank you, MCG. Forbes should start at SG.
I would not even include him in a trade at this point.
The 3s are the obvious reason, but the thing that surprised me the most was that he has a really nice mid range game too.
I mean he takes 2 dribbles pulls up from the FT area and the ball goes in without hitting the rim, only net.
You rarely see this from DDV for example. In defense he tries he is passable , he has the size and speed. That is all we want from our starting SG. Make 3s and in hard close outs to hit the mid range. We will see how this goes, not entirely confident but I am all in to try it out.

Forbes minutes next to Jrue have been bad, so Forbes will not be starting.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#167 » by truly » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Good seeing the defense adjust.It was too late but at least the willingness is there.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#168 » by Siefer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Bud has leveled up this season. I've had no issue criticizing him for well-publicized botches (minutes, adjustments, etc), but he's eaten a disproportionate amount of the blame for the last 2 years, and he's not getting credit for how good a job he's doing this season.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,598

Post#169 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Siefer wrote:Bud has leveled up this season. I've had no issue criticizing him for well-publicized botches (minutes, adjustments, etc), but he's eaten a disproportionate amount of the blame for the last 2 years, and he's not getting credit for how good a job he's doing this season.

I think more people are coming around to Bud and giving him more credit lately. He's made some obvious changes that I think many fans have appreciated. The fans that are still blindly criticizing him are just louder.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#170 » by emunney » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Bud's test comes in the playoffs just like everyone else's. Win or lose, can the players execute at both ends, can Bud come up with some new extemporaneous **** that genuinely helps the players?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Siefer
RealGM

Post#171 » by Siefer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:23 pm

emunney wrote:Bud's test comes in the playoffs just like everyone else's. Win or lose, can the players execute at both ends, can Bud come up with some new extemporaneous **** that genuinely helps the players?

I agree, but I don't think that should prevent us from looking at the (admittedly limited) evidence in front of us, and trying to calibrate. There are still a bunch of question marks, but I'm more comfortable with the coach than I was 3 months ago.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,152

Post#172 » by DingleJerry » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Right, he's pretty much trying to do everything folks here have been criticizing. He's basically doing exactly what folks want. Chances are it won't matter in the playoffs as the personnel isn't there (or maybe more accurately other teams have improved personnel) this year like the last two. In that sense there's only so much a coach can do.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,897

Post#173 » by jschligs » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:27 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Right, he's pretty much trying to do everything folks here have been criticizing. He's basically doing exactly what folks want. Chances are it won't matter in the playoffs as the personnel isn't there (or maybe more accurately other teams have improved personnel) this year like the last two. In that sense there's only so much a coach can do.

Couldn't agree more. He's testing the waters, trying new plays, defensive schemes, etc. The game against Denver I saw more unique offensive sets than I have in the last two. Keep toying around and pocket what seems to work for playoffs.
Siefer
RealGM

Post#174 » by Siefer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:57 pm

So, I continue to be bullish on the personnel (okay, DJA not so much). I've seen a lot of pessimism about this season, and I'm not having it. I think we're still on the short list, and I'm heartened that we're actively trying to patch the right holes.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,654

Post#175 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:25 pm

Siefer wrote:So, I continue to be bullish on the personnel (okay, DJA not so much). I've seen a lot of pessimism about this season, and I'm not having it. I think we're still on the short list, and I'm heartened that we're actively trying to patch the right holes.

I think everyone (and Vegas) still pretty much agrees. Nets (if/when they figure it out) and Sixers are really the only challengers even the mainstream is propping up as Bucks killers in the East. But I keep coming back to the all-in move we made this offseason vs. the slightly less all-in move we could have made.

I'm not gonna re-litigate it too much past this game, but it's impossible to ignore Chris Paul's impact on the Suns both in this game and this season thus far, and what they gave up to acquire him vs. what we gave up to acquire Holiday. The trade package was there. Bledsoe + Ersan's expiring contract + DJ would have provided OKC the cap relief, and 1-2 lightly protected 1st's would have provided the incentive. We'd be well in the luxury tax but that wouldn't have prevented you from signing Forbes and Portis. And ironically that prevents us from giving DJA that killer contract by keeping Hill, who IMO is still sorely missed off the bench.

Again, what's done is done, but swapping CP3 over Holiday alone makes me feel better about our title chances this year because he's still that damn good and he addresses our weaknesses that much better. The extra bonus of having your picks as trade assets makes it all the more obvious that was the decision we whiffed on. I hope I'm wrong.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,152

Post#176 » by DingleJerry » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Yea my comment wasn't to say MKE is way worse than last year. IDK, maybe they're slightly worse regular season due to depth but I might guess a bit better for playoffs due to Jrue/Bled tradeoff, we'll see. But in general they're about the same. However, LAL went from a beatable to team to almost unbeatable this year if healthy. BKN obviously is a whole different team. Philly has improved with new coach, Embiid improved, and adding shooters. Essentially, Bucks path out of the East is way more difficult this year vs last two years and the Lakers this year vs Lakers last year is different level.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#177 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Siefer wrote:Bud has leveled up this season. I've had no issue criticizing him for well-publicized botches (minutes, adjustments, etc), but he's eaten a disproportionate amount of the blame for the last 2 years, and he's not getting credit for how good a job he's doing this season.

I think more people are coming around to Bud and giving him more credit lately. He's made some obvious changes that I think many fans have appreciated. The fans that are still blindly criticizing him are just louder.

Watching that it also supports one of my points earlier that certainly defensive center on the Bucks isn't easy. That's a lot of switching and communication that some of our throw away guys like Thon, DJW, etc barely could cover there own guys let alone alone switch repeatedly

Return to Milwaukee Bucks