ImageImage

PG: Comeback Falls Short vs. Tampa

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,337

Re: PG: Comeback Falls Short vs. Tampa 

Post#101 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:36 am

AussieBuck wrote:I've missed less than 20 games I reckon in 16 years and there's just no way I'm going back to watch. **** you Bucks, it's almost impossible to be this bad with a player as good as Giannis. You **** idiots.

Did Middleton get his arse handed to him by ole Norm again? lol

See! I told you, it's so frustrating once you have seen the score you would be too crazy to mentally torture yourself needlessly.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#102 » by Cythaps » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:56 am

The 0 - 11 season record in all games that we're not ahead at halftime is the most Buddest stat ever.

We can't expect from this guy to change anything. Even if he does change something, once it stops working we'll be dead again before he wakes up.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#103 » by yannisk » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:10 am

TD75 wrote:I am confident that Khris is still in the 50/40/90 group, so really, crisis is averted.

He is, some other players in this club are Jeremy Lamp, Tobias Harris, Seth Curry between some more well known names

our beloved Sterling Brown is in the 45/40/100 club
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,074

Post#104 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:03 pm

AussieBuck wrote:YOu're saying he didn't index match? Such slander!

Wes Edens was the guy championing the facial analysis software.

He gone. Been the Lasry and Lasry show the past two years.

(Sorry, I'm going to keep beating on this drum, because it is the ultimate source of our problems, going back to the hiring of Kidd)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,146

Post#105 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 pm

Didn't see this one. Put the kids down for bed, checked the score at half, and opted for Searching for Italy with Stanley Tucci. I made the right choice. My lone takeaway is maybe Bud won't make it through the season. Thought it was a ridiculous notion early on. Now? I mean... I guess... who knows.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,146

Post#106 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:49 pm

WiscSports1 wrote:Bud is not a championship level coach. We've known it for years. If our goal is to win a championship, why in the **** is he still here?

Feels like the overwhelming majority here were absolutely head over heels with the hire at the time. I felt it was eh safe and unexciting. Still think he gets the full year here. Just a huge bummer about Jrue. But you simply cannot have the team go lifeless.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#107 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 pm

I guess this is what happens when you have a simpleton GM and owner that make panic moves based on fluke-y outcomes as opposed to tinkering around the edges of an already good team. But hey, glad we nuked a 60-win roster because we listened to the media and emotional fanbase that told us "It has to change NOW!" I mean, look at all this awesome "experimenting" we're doing that will surely help us once the postseason rolls around, right?...…..Right?

:dontknow:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,680

Post#108 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
WiscSports1 wrote:Bud is not a championship level coach. We've known it for years. If our goal is to win a championship, why in the **** is he still here?

Feels like the overwhelming majority here were absolutely head over heels with the hire at the time. I felt it was eh safe and unexciting. Still think he gets the full year here. Just a huge bummer about Jrue. But you simply cannot have the team go lifeless.

I was all on the Messina train at the time (not sure he would have been better either) but I talked myself into Bud when people on this board were saying he's never had a talent like Giannis. Unfortunately, he's starting to waste that talent :(
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#109 » by BucksRule18 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I guess this is what happens when you have a simpleton GM and owner that make panic moves based on fluke-y outcomes as opposed to tinkering around the edges of an already good team. But hey, glad we nuked a 60-win roster because we listened to the media and emotional fanbase that told us "It has to change NOW!" I mean, look at all this awesome "experimenting" we're doing that will surely help us once the postseason rolls around, right?...…..Right?

:dontknow:

I agree, but you have to believe the front office panicked and mortgaged the team's future on the Jrue trade in order to re-sign Giannis (same with the Connaughton signing). Giannis likely told the FO he wanted them to make a splashy move, since coming back with the same team from last year wasn't going to cut it. If Giannis was already signed to a multi-year extension, I highly doubt Horst would've given up so much to get Jrue. It was a panic move to appease Giannis and to temporarily save his job.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#110 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm

skones wrote:It would be absolute lunacy to want to extend Jrue at this point. It's the precise reason why I've argued against the, "So when can we extend Jrue?" crowd.

Let's thin the available money we have even more because this roster is definitely it.

It doesn't affect the available money. We're not getting under the cap either way, and with no one available in free agency, why would we want to?

It was stupid to hard cap ourselves by signing DJA, but we won't be hardcapped next year.

Once you're in the tax, you want to add a many big contracts as possible for trading purposes, you don't cut salary.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#111 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Hope this doesn't get flagged as inflammatory content, but I think Zanik would have been a better choice for gm there I said it.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,113

Post#112 » by BigO » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:YOu're saying he didn't index match? Such slander!

Wes Edens was the guy championing the facial analysis software.

He gone. Been the Lasry and Lasry show the past two years.

(Sorry, I'm going to keep beating on this drum, because it is the ultimate source of our problems, going back to the hiring of Kidd)

Absolutely correct.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#113 » by WRau1 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:32 pm

When judging the Jrue trade, we should bring up the fact that our FO thought we also had Bogdan. With that in mind, you can understand them chasing Jrue as "the final piece".
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#114 » by skones » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Do you think the GM that moved mountains to obtain him will try to salvage hills moving him again?

He's gonna extend him in an attempt to save face and kick his own can down the road.

I don't think Horst is in a position to salvage anything at this point. This is his swan song. I have a hard time believing he gave up what he did for Jrue if it wasn't. I think he was given a do or die year. His wagon is hitched to Bud making it work.

I mean, do you honestly think Horst showed up one day to the owners and to Bud and said "oh hey by the way I paid such and such for Jrue Holiday, you'll read it on the internet tomorrow sorry I didn't ask you but I'm a GM now, I don't ask".
Really?

The guy presents options, at most.
I don't know how that's your read from my comments. I DO think you're naive if you don't think the Lasrys will place all of the blame on Horst/Bud. That's sort of how things work.....

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#115 » by Antinomy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Sigra wrote:we are 6-0 against Detroit and Cleveland
we are 10-13 against everybody else

BUT DIDN’T U KNOW WE’RE THE BEST OFFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?!

LOOK AT OUR OFFENSIVE RATING!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#116 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:51 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Once you're in the tax, you want to add a many big contracts as possible for trading purposes, you don't cut salary.

Yep. This is the strategy Mark Cuban employed for a number of years, until he finally got the elusive title in 2011. LaFrentz, Dampier, Antawn, etc.etc.

He was never afraid to take on or give out big contracts, because he knew it gave him flexibility to shuffle the deck, since they were so far over the cap anyways. And eventually he and Donn Nelson found the formula around Dirk with Kidd, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#117 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:54 pm

skones wrote:I DO think you're naive if you don't think the Lasrys will place all of the blame on Horst/Bud. That's sort of how things work.....

Oh, Horst and Bud are definitely taking the fall here.

We're in Jerry and Stephen Jones territory at the moment. I'd use a Dan Gilbert reference, but his son isn't old enough yet to be a part of the organization.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#118 » by emunney » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Plossum wrote:You have to re sign Holiday. Can’t give up what we did for him and let him go.

Solid business model.

Eh, you have to sign Holiday because it's the clearest path to contention. One great player, two very good players, build out the roster around them. Our depth got slaughtered this fall, but one good year can restore it. You've got to still have your blue chippers when that happens.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#119 » by emunney » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Yep. This is the strategy Mark Cuban employed for a number of years, until he finally got the elusive title in 2011. LaFrentz, Dampier, Antawn, etc.etc.

He was never afraid to take on or give out big contracts, because he knew it gave him flexibility to shuffle the deck, since they were so far over the cap anyways. And eventually he and Donn Nelson found the formula around Dirk with Kidd, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry.

Ah the Erick Dampier gambit.
emunney
RealGM

Post#120 » by emunney » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:29 pm

If we don't throw a Godfather offer at Masai I really don't know what we're doing here. Would have said the same if we were playing well. No better ROI in the league than getting a top GM.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks