ImageImage

PG: Comeback Falls Short vs. Tampa

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Re: PG: Comeback Falls Short vs. Tampa 

Post#81 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:31 am

skones wrote:It would be absolute lunacy to want to extend Jrue at this point. It's the precise reason why I've argued against the, "So when can we extend Jrue?" crowd.

Let's thin the available money we have even more because this roster is definitely it.

Gotta trade him at the deadline then?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#82 » by skones » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:41 am

blazza18 wrote:
skones wrote:It would be absolute lunacy to want to extend Jrue at this point. It's the precise reason why I've argued against the, "So when can we extend Jrue?" crowd.

Let's thin the available money we have even more because this roster is definitely it.

I don't think we're at a panic point though I'm fully aware many want to jump of a ledge. I think it's reasonable to be incredibly frustrated with the roster as it stands given how we've looked the last two years. Do we look good enough to win anything? Absolutely not. Can that change? Sure. The silver lining is that the entire east looks like a mess. You look at a team like Brooklyn and I think we have the personnel to present a relatively unique matchup problem for them when things slim down. You're in a position to let the West just beat the living piss out of one another and then maybe squeak into the finals. Who knows? If somebody wants to bowl you over with an offer, consider it if things don't turn around. If not, this is the bed we made, let the ball lie, see if we can't ultimately catch lightning in a bottle.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#83 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:42 am

Do you think the GM that moved mountains to obtain him will try to salvage hills moving him again?

He's gonna extend him in an attempt to save face and kick his own can down the road.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#84 » by skones » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:48 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Do you think the GM that moved mountains to obtain him will try to salvage hills moving him again?

He's gonna extend him in an attempt to save face and kick his own can down the road.

I don't think Horst is in a position to salvage anything at this point. This is his swan song. I have a hard time believing he gave up what he did for Jrue if it wasn't. I think he was given a do or die year. His wagon is hitched to Bud making it work.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#85 » by Antinomy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:02 am

skones wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

I don't think we're at a panic point. We just don't look good enough to actually win anything. The bright side of things is that the entire east looks like a mess. You're in a position to let the West just beat the living piss out of one another and then maybe squeak into the finals. Who knows? If somebody wants to bowl you over with an offer, consider it. If not, this is the bed we made, let the ball lie, see if we can't ultimately catch lightning in a bottle.

We’re more likely get blasted in 5 games by Miami or Toronto again than we are to make a run to the finals.
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#86 » by Antinomy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 am

Cooleyo47 wrote:Chris Webber may be annoying, but he was spot on tonight. Giannis handling the ball too much, attacking from the same spot every time, easy to defend, opponents are confident, mental midgets in tight games, easily exploitable scheme, no effort on D. Pathetic.

I’ve been saying it for months. The cats outta the bag for us.

Every team knows how to beat us now:

- When Giannis has the ball 25 feet away, wall off at the FT line

- When Khris gets it on the wing, double him to prevent him from getting to his spots

- Force both of them to make passes to the “shooters” like Lopez, Pat, Forbes, etc. Those guys aren’t beating you.

Offensively:

- Launch wide open 3 pointers all night

- Put Lopez in the PnR = easy points

- Shoot practice floaters & 15 footers because those will be wide open too
Antinomy
Head Coach

Post#87 » by Antinomy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 am

Makes zero sense.

We’re better off trying to flip him to Chicago for LaVine OR elsewhere for 2-3 above average players.

At the very least, we’d have an athletic wing that can get any shot off.

The rest of the roster isn’t good enough to extend Holiday & cap yourself out.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#88 » by Plossum » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:15 am

You have to re sign Holiday. Can’t give up what we did for him and let him go.
#LockUpChuck
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#89 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:18 am

Plossum wrote:You have to re sign Holiday. Can’t give up what we did for him and let him go.

Solid business model.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#90 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:43 am

skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

I don't think Horst is in a position to salvage anything at this point. This is his swan song. I have a hard time believing he gave up what he did for Jrue if it wasn't. I think he was given a do or die year. His wagon is hitched to Bud making it work.

I mean, do you honestly think Horst showed up one day to the owners and to Bud and said "oh hey by the way I paid such and such for Jrue Holiday, you'll read it on the internet tomorrow sorry I didn't ask you but I'm a GM now, I don't ask".
Really?

The guy presents options, at most.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#91 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:47 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
skones wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Do you think the GM that moved mountains to obtain him will try to salvage hills moving him again?

I mean, do you honestly think Horst showed up one day to the owners and to Bud and said "oh hey by the way I paid such and such for Jrue Holiday, you'll read it on the internet tomorrow sorry I didn't ask you but I'm a GM now, I don't ask".
Really?

The guy presents options, at best.

I do think Lasry wanted a splash, and Horsty provided one, for better or worse (worse). All three parties likely signed off on it and have serious draft capital blood on their hands.

A little patience through a pandemic and who knows what we could have done instead (Harden, Beal).
#FreeChuckDiesel
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,283

Post#92 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:58 am

SupremeHustle wrote:I think you guys are overreacting. When it's playoff time, we're going to be a tough out for whoever gets the 2 seed.

You're right, Giannis alone will make us the most dangerous #7 seed in NBA history. People need to be more optimistic round here.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#93 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:04 am

RiotPunch wrote:I do think Lasry wanted a splash, and Horsty provided one, for better or worse (worse). All three parties likely signed off on it and have serious draft capital blood on their hands.

A little patience through a pandemic and who knows what we could have done instead (Harden, Beal).

I think it was more like
Bud: I want a 2 way guard, Bledsoe gets the yips in the playoffs
Lasry Sr: I like Jrue Holiday, I met his mother last year, such a lovely lady
Lasry Jr: I don't like his hair
Bud: Hey Horsty can we squeeze him in?
Horst: Ahhhhhhh hang on a sec, let me check my spreadsheet
Bud: Come on kid
Horst: Ok copy the vlookup all the way down, change column, bugger I forgot the dollar signs, **** this
*Launches trade checker*
*Your trade is successful*
Horst: Yes, yes we can
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#94 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I do think Lasry wanted a splash, and Horsty provided one, for better or worse (worse). All three parties likely signed off on it and have serious draft capital blood on their hands.

I think it was more like
Horst: Ok copy the vlookup all the way down, change column, bugger I forgot the dollar signs, **** this
*Launches trade checker*

YOu're saying he didn't index match? Such slander!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#95 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 am

Pachinko_ wrote:

I think it was more like
*Launches trade checker*

#FreeChuckDiesel
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#96 » by ReddRum » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:59 am

trwi7 wrote:It was our destiny to luck our way into a superstar with a dumbass GM and spend the next 8 years with a couple of dumbass GM's trying to surround this superstar with a championship roster. It's just depressing.

Sounds like the Packers.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#97 » by Jez2983 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 am

Fantastic. We've returned to the meme-team era.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#98 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:15 am

we are 6-0 against Detroit and Cleveland
we are 10-13 against everybody else
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#99 » by Jez2983 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:15 am

2 positive outcomes I can see here. We get it together in the playoffs, or make some significant changes to what we're doing. I'm ok with either.

Obviously there is numerous bad outcomes, but I'm going for one of the first two.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#100 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:19 am

I love Riotpunch :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks