PG: Bucks KO OKC

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Re: PG: Bucks KO OKC 

Post#41 » by Fotis St » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:20 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:One thing I've always found weird with basketball- is it really necessary for the FT shooter to high-five all his teammates after every FT attempt?
No and I've always thought it to be counter productive (especially for bad free throw shooters) to step away from the line for needless dap. Muscle memory and all that

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I was a above 80% FT shooter and I never moved my right foot (right handed shooter) from the line to high five anyone.
Staying like glued is important especially on intense moments imo, it helped me stay locked in and focused. But that is just personal preference... whatever keeps you confident, you do it.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,239

Post#42 » by Sigra » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:20 pm

msiris wrote:I hope your friend gets better. I had it two months ago and luckily no side affects.

Good for you. I had it in November and still have:

-"short breath"
-trouble to sleep without some drug for sleeping
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#43 » by DavidDunn21 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Fotis St wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:One thing I've always found weird with basketball- is it really necessary for the FT shooter to high-five all his teammates after every FT attempt?
No and I've always thought it to be counter productive (especially for bad free throw shooters) to step away from the line for needless dap. Muscle memory and all that

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I was a above 80% FT shooter and I never moved my right foot (right handed shooter) from the line to high five anyone.
Staying like glued is important especially on intense moments imo, it helped me stay locked in and focused. But that is just personal preference... whatever keeps you confident, you do it.

To me it's somewhat analogous to chipping in golf...when my practice swings are the right depth in the grass, I can still miss-hit left or right but I'm not gonna top or chuck it. If your muscle memory on a free throw feels right and is calibrated, you know what arm motion and how much effort gets the ball right there. You can still miss back iron or occasionally have the ball roll off your fingertips weird, but you're not gonna do what Giannis does. Giannis (when he's on a bad run of free throw shooting) is looking at the rim with virgin eyes and thinking about how to make it. You've already gotta know how to make it, and then you're just implementing your plan. All the extra dribbles and breathing and all that is just remembering to execute THE EXACT SAME SEQUENCE every time.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#44 » by msiris » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 am

Sigra wrote:
msiris wrote:I hope your friend gets better. I had it two months ago and luckily no side affects.

Good for you. I had it in November and still have:

-"short breath"
-trouble to sleep without some drug for sleeping
I am sorry to hear about that. I had sleeping problems as well. I have to take anxiety meds that really help, Hope you get better soon.
Ride the tank
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#45 » by galena » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 am

Covid is some scary **** IMO... like you may be fine from it or may develop a brain tumor. So sketchy. I’ve rarely posted on here but I promise I’ve watched 95% of all Bucks games since Y2K. And I’ve also read 95% of the posts on here since ‘08. And those posts got me through some tough times as well... anyway: #BucksIn6 #120-104 #WinningTakesBalls #FireKidd #EricMurdock
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#46 » by galena » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 am

ETA: #LeeMayberry
"I guess..."
galena
Junior

Post#47 » by galena » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 am

One last thing:

I was there on #BagNight! I dragged my less fanatic buddy to Fitzgibbons for the pre-game festivities and watched #GAD give a riveting speech, etc. I think I met Steger 3434 that night. If he’s kinda short with glasses I defs met him... end/rant
"I guess..."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#48 » by crkone » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:49 am

galena wrote:One last thing:

I was there on #BagNight! I dragged my less fanatic buddy to Fitzgibbons for the pre-game festivities and watched #GAD give a riveting speech, etc. I think I met Steger 3434 that night. If he’s kinda short with glasses I defs met him... end/rant

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#49 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:22 am

crkone wrote:
galena wrote:One last thing:

Look at all that beautiful red & green

Return to Milwaukee Bucks