Post#41 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:02 am

I was really excited about the replay, now... Not so much :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Re: PG Denver: Bucks Whipped 

Post#42 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:05 am

Mike Malonely in his hotel room jerking off to his starters against our JV squad in a blowout rn.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#43 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:09 am

Our bench guys got absolutely killed on defense tonight, and we missed about 700 open threes. Felt like a 30 point loss.

Forbes/Portis lineup nightmares are just one example of a thing that's continued to haunt us - most of our bench guys can't be on the court together without being destroyed on defense. You're seeing a ton of Pat C because he's the only guy off the bench that keeps his head above water in a variety of lineups.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#44 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:22 am

So we suck again. Sigh
#FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#45 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:54 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
skones wrote:It's legitimately insane that all it took to completely cripple this defense was Donte to Forbes and Hill to Augustin. All of the blame is being heaped on Brooks shoulders, but we're a total mess from an execution standpoint. Just communication breakdown after communication breakdown.

It goes beyond two players. Bledsoe, Hill, Matthews, Ersan and even Sterling could all D people up.

This is right. We lost a number of good defensive players and got one good defensive player. Obviously the team will be bad in defense. To me, the Jrue trade continues to be troublesome. Defense weaker plus loss of so many picks.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#46 » by skones » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:58 am

fan230 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
skones wrote:It's legitimately insane that all it took to completely cripple this defense was Donte to Forbes and Hill to Augustin. All of the blame is being heaped on Brooks shoulders, but we're a total mess from an execution standpoint. Just communication breakdown after communication breakdown.

It goes beyond two players. Bledsoe, Hill, Matthews, Ersan and even Sterling could all D people up.

This is right. We lost a number of good defensive players and got one good defensive player. Obviously the team will be bad in defense. To me, the Jrue trade continues to be troublesome. Defense weaker plus loss of so many picks.

The two players I mentioned were the direct replacements in the rotation.

Like I said:
Bled -> Holiday
Matthews -> DDV
Hill -> Augustin
DDV -> Forbes

Treating Ersan and Sterling like they were contributors on that end of the floor just isn't an accurate thing. Sterling wasn't part of the rotation (and acting like he gave more than what Craig does is weird) and Ersan was absolute garbage on both ends save for his little stint in December. In no-way, shape, or form were Ersan and Sterling Brown that type of boon to an all-time caliber defense.

It's those two last ones which are mammoth downgrades on that end of the floor that are really hurting us most.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#47 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 7:20 am

In defense Bled plus Hill combo was stronger than Holiday plus ....

In defense, Wes may be better than ddv.

Yes Ersan really worsened.

Even Marvin was reasonably good on defense.

Overall the defensive personnel composition seems weaker than last year’s.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#48 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Mar 3, 2021 11:04 am

I couldn't even finish the 9 minute highlights LOL
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#49 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:50 pm

We could get any shot we wanted against their first half zone but decided to miss all of them. Felt like we never had 2 straight minutes of good defense.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,618

Post#50 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:24 pm

I have no idea what Bucks team we're getting night to night. For wanting to compete for championships, I don't think that's a good thing lol. Defense is up and down and the offense is just a stand-around iso fiesta most nights.

I didn't finish the game, but did we end up switching at all? Something we did that worked really well against the Clippers at the end. Wouldn't shock me if Bud was stubborn and just didn't use it tonight, despite showing promise.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#51 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:57 pm

Every team is due for a letdown here and there, but it's concerning that this is already, what, the 4th-5th time that we've gotten absolutely run out of the gym against a Western Conference contender? Everyone wants to keep saying that the regular season doesn't matter but I still disagree. We looked like we didn't belong on the court with Jokic last night.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#52 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:06 pm

Crumple this one up and throw it away.

Let me start by saying we lose this game no matter what so I'm not blaming Bud for the loss. But a couple rotation things were annoying to me. I understand they're watching Jrue Holiday's minutes. But I don't understand bringing him off the bench. Let him get back to form in a comfortable setting with Giannis and Khris. And Torrey Craig doesn't see the floor for two weeks and you throw him on the court for meaningful first half minutes? The reason they lost? No. Annoying? Very.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#53 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:07 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Jim was just as bad as the Bucks. His obsession with meaningless stats is almost unbearable when about the bucks, its even worse when it is about another player.

I know it was Novak last night, but sometimes I can feel Marques cringing through the TV when Pashke ties to "put his mark" on the game with those meaningless stats. Even more unbearable when the team plays like sh*t.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#54 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Yeah, this was troubling.

Really? Every team has clunkers like this one.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#55 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:12 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Just a payback game for your win in Denver

Have to question Denver's sportsmanship in the way they brusquely disassembled the Bucks. To obliterate the Bucks completely is less than gentlemanly.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#56 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Mar 3, 2021 2:55 pm

Denver is a poor rebounding team, and didn't have JaMychal Green or Milsap, and still out-rebounded the Bucks 45-40. The Denver zone was them basically saying "We have no one who can slow down Giannis." Regardless, Giannis killed them early on the baseline until "Let it Fly!" took him out of the game. Against this Denver lineup, Giannis should be putting up 30 shots in the paint. He had 15 attempts including three 3 pt attempts. Utter stupidity, AKA Bud strategy.

And the offense was the bright spot...
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#57 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:04 pm

Watching Forbes trying to play defense like Gary Payton is excruciating. How will he get beat on this play? On a cut? Off the dribble? Backdoor? Handoff? Ball-screen? It could fill up a BINGO card. FFS, make it stop.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#58 » by emunney » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Both things can be true.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#59 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:32 pm

Send John Elway to the glue factory.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#60 » by Siefer » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:57 pm

emunney wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Both things can be true.

Yep. The cold shooting is annoying, but whatever. The bench defense continues to be a big sore spot.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks