PG Denver: Bucks Whipped

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Re: PG Denver: Bucks Whipped 

Post#61 » by jschligs » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:11 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Yeah, this was troubling.

Really? Every team has clunkers like this one.

Peaks and valleys. That's all I keep telling myself.

We've had games we look like a championship contender (not many I'll admit), and we've had games we look like we'd miss the playoffs. Lots of time still. I'm cautiously optimistic.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#62 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:01 pm

jschligs wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Yeah, this was troubling.

Really? Every team has clunkers like this one.

Peaks and valleys. That's all I keep telling myself.

We've had games we look like a championship contender (not many I'll admit), and we've had games we look like we'd miss the playoffs. Lots of time still. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Right. And if I would have told Bucks fans before the season that Jrue Holiday would miss or be limited in 13 games in the first half, coupled with the 50% roster turnover, I wonder what the halfway mark W/L record predictions would have looked like at that time. Thats not to say "we're definite championship contenders, or that the only thing that can be criticized is how we fare in the postseason" but a little perspective goes a long way.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,112

Post#63 » by FrieAaron » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:28 pm

No surprise that we're going to have a rough time against a top team in the league with a limited Jrue, Donte having a terrible game and the entire team shooting 27% from 3. Under these circumstances you take going 1-1 against the Clips and Denver.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#64 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:37 pm

Even in the darkness of a 30-point loss, Donte tricking that WIDE-OPEN dunk was some great Bucks comedy. Supreme should make that his new avi. Or at least spam it in the T&T thread daily.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#65 » by smauss » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:38 pm

up & down, peaks & valleys; this is what you get from a team that doesn't defend. Shooting comes & goes, but defense will always keep you in a game. It is much more of a leveler than offense oriented only.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#66 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:51 pm

12 shots.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#67 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 8:31 pm

Very weird season so far. The Jazz is the only team without many major up and downs this year.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#68 » by emunney » Wed Mar 3, 2021 10:27 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Even in the darkness of a 30-point loss, Donte tricking that WIDE-OPEN dunk was some great Bucks comedy. Supreme should make that his new avi. Or at least spam it in the T&T thread daily.

I didn't watch the 2nd half but am glad we got a new entry in the "MAD HOPS?" diary.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#69 » by brettski » Wed Mar 3, 2021 11:00 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Denver is a poor rebounding team, and didn't have JaMychal Green or Milsap, and still out-rebounded the Bucks 45-40. The Denver zone was them basically saying "We have no one who can slow down Giannis." Regardless, Giannis killed them early on the baseline until "Let it Fly!" took him out of the game. Against this Denver lineup, Giannis should be putting up 30 shots in the paint. He had 15 attempts including three 3 pt attempts. Utter stupidity, AKA Bud strategy.

And the offense was the bright spot...

When one team makes everything and the other misses. The team making everything tends to come out on top on the rebounding numbers by virtue of defensive rebounds.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,910

Post#70 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Mar 4, 2021 2:58 pm

brettski wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:Denver is a poor rebounding team, and didn't have JaMychal Green or Milsap, and still out-rebounded the Bucks 45-40. The Denver zone was them basically saying "We have no one who can slow down Giannis." Regardless, Giannis killed them early on the baseline until "Let it Fly!" took him out of the game. Against this Denver lineup, Giannis should be putting up 30 shots in the paint. He had 15 attempts including three 3 pt attempts. Utter stupidity, AKA Bud strategy.

When one team makes everything and the other misses. The team making everything tends to come out on top on the rebounding numbers by virtue of defensive rebounds.

The FG miss difference was only 5, although I'm sure some of the missed Bucks FTs added to the total. By several measures, the Bucks are a top 3 rebounding team, while the Nuggets are in the bottom half of the league AND were missing key frontline personnel. The Nuggets also outscored the Bucks 56-32 in the paint. It was an awful performance from every angle.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#71 » by brettski » Thu Mar 4, 2021 11:25 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
brettski wrote:

The FG miss difference was only 5, although I'm sure some of the missed Bucks FTs added to the total. By several measures, the Bucks are a top 3 rebounding team, while the Nuggets are in the bottom half of the league AND were missing key frontline personnel. The Nuggets also outscored the Bucks 56-32 in the paint. It was an awful performance from every angle.

No one is going to argue with this!
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753

Return to Milwaukee Bucks