ImageImage

ATL - LMA retires with heart issue - pg 78

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Re: ATL - LMA retires with heart issue - pg 78 

Post#1621 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:34 pm

Zion going to get fined for tampering? Half joking of course.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1622 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:25 am

I'm enjoying this version of Miles Bridges, where he just goes hunting for rims and bodies on every possession.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#1623 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:54 pm

The wiretap article about Durant being out with a thigh contusion half led me to make some joke about him being out while his body shed the lining of his uteran wall. But then I realized that is an unfair gender insult, and women are incredibly anti-durantian in what they "play through" each month.

In all seriousness, Durant is physically and mentally weak. And the main defense of his physical weakness, is that its just a product of his body type. But I think Giannis shatters that argument. Giannis has the exact same body type, and through nutrition and incredible work has transformed himself in to an athlete that can take hits, and play through anything.

I really liked Durant his first 6-7 years or so. He was actually my favorite of the star players. But I can't think of another example of a guy that started off so unique and so skilled, and then kind of stayed the same. I'm now tired of him, I now consider him immature, I think its fair to question why he hasn't built up his body better.

KD is an incredible basketball player. KD is surely a top 30 player of all time and doesn't need my approval or affirmation. But KD is also kind of soft and a lesser version of what he could have been. And this is coming from a formerly pretty big supporter.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1624 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:The wiretap article about Durant being out with a thigh contusion half led me to make some joke about him being out while his body shed the lining of his uteran wall. But then I realized that is an unfair gender insult, and women are incredibly anti-durantian in what they "play through" each month.

In all seriousness, Durant is physically and mentally weak. And the main defense of his physical weakness, is that its just a product of his body type. But I think Giannis shatters that argument. Giannis has the exact same body type, and through nutrition and incredible work has transformed himself in to an athlete that can take hits, and play through anything.

I really liked Durant his first 6-7 years or so. He was actually my favorite of the star players. But I can't think of another example of a guy that started off so unique and so skilled, and then kind of stayed the same. I'm now tired of him, I now consider him immature, I think its fair to question why he hasn't built up his body better.

KD is an incredible basketball player. KD is surely a top 30 player of all time and doesn't need my approval or affirmation. But KD is also kind of soft and a lesser version of what he could have been. And this is coming from a formerly pretty big supporter.

Mental weakness can cripple a career. It's sad to see what's happened.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1625 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#1626 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#1627 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's been so nice not having to go through the Giannis drama on this every day.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#1628 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's been so nice not having to go through the Giannis drama on this every day.

It has been nice to catch a breather, but give it another year or two and they'll be back knocking on that door again lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,589

Post#1629 » by tski1972 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Damn...

Read on Twitter
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1630 » by DrWood » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:In all seriousness, Durant is physically and mentally weak. And the main defense of his physical weakness, is that its just a product of his body type. But I think Giannis shatters that argument. Giannis has the exact same body type, and through nutrition and incredible work has transformed himself in to an athlete that can take hits, and play through anything.

Giannis put 40-50 lbs on his frame. Not all basketball players can do that, and some might fear it would affect his "touch" on shots.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1631 » by DrWood » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:46 pm

tski1972 wrote:Damn...

Read on Twitter

where's a cop when you need one?

too early?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#1632 » by Prez » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:In all seriousness, Durant is physically and mentally weak. And the main defense of his physical weakness, is that its just a product of his body type. But I think Giannis shatters that argument. Giannis has the exact same body type, and through nutrition and incredible work has transformed himself in to an athlete that can take hits, and play through anything.

Durant through his mid 20s was crazy durable while playing massive minutes in deep playoff runs, way more than Giannis. We have no idea how Giannis is going to age as he gets into his 30s as well so this just isn’t a fair comparison.

And it’s not like Durant has ever needed to put on massive amounts of muscle like Giannis did, his body type has been perfectly suited for his game. Only now after an unfortunate Achilles injury are you seeing additional nagging injuries pile up.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,688

Post#1633 » by Wonka » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Man, hope he's doing well. I was always a big fan of Sterling. I know it's unpopular around these parts to cheer for what the armchair warriors define as "failed Bucks" but between him playing a solid role on Houston and Jabari getting another shot i've been pretty happy. Takes a lot less energy to cheer for others to succeed than to root for them to fail. Food for thought.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1634 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 am

I mean there is such a thing as body types, some guys just don't add muscle weight
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1635 » by Jez2983 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 am

Wonka wrote:

Read on Twitter

Man, hope he's doing well. I was always a big fan of Sterling. I know it's unpopular around these parts to cheer for what the armchair warriors define as "failed Bucks" but between him playing a solid role on Houston and Jabari getting another shot i've been pretty happy. Takes a lot less energy to cheer for others to succeed than to root for them to fail. Food for thought.

I think we wish most of our ex players nothing but the best?

This is very poor news about Sterling. He's definitely a guy I want to do well, as he's had a pretty crap time of it.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#1636 » by Jez2983 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:07 am

Prez wrote:

Durant through his mid 20s was crazy durable while playing massive minutes in deep playoff runs, way more than Giannis. We have no idea how Giannis is going to age as he gets into his 30s as well so this just isn’t a fair comparison.

And it’s not like Durant has ever needed to put on massive amounts of muscle like Giannis did, his body type has been perfectly suited for his game. Only now after an unfortunate Achilles injury are you seeing additional nagging injuries pile up.

I feel like I've said this a lot, but ultimately injuries are often just bad luck. The primary differences between Giannis and Durant are obviously age and injury history, as you say.

The mental thing has no relationship between injury, and it's just because he has his documented issues. Unless people think that his mental issues caused him to get hit in the thigh? Correlation is not causation, guys with histories were always going to struggle in this compressed season.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1637 » by Prez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:45 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I like this Isaiah Stewart chap.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,688

Post#1638 » by Wonka » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:05 am

Steph averaging over 7 made threes a game in his last 10. Insane.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1639 » by Prez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:10 am

Depending on how Bron looks in the playoffs Steph might be the best player in the world this year. He’s just unreal
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1640 » by blazza18 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 am

What he's doing despite the flaws of the roster/Kerr's offensive philosophy is quite incredible.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks