Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Re: PG: Bucks hold on over Wizards 

Post#41 » by neiLz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:49 pm

hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:I remember a lot of things but im holding them until after we win the chip

Ok, Steve.

It is just weird to have a top 5 Buck of this Century be so hated by the vocal minority. If the Bucks win a championship, we will need Khris to play well. Yet about 5 posters get tickled pink when Khris does poorly.

Reminds me of vikings fans whod rather see the packers lose than see a vikings win.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#42 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:52 pm

neiLz wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
It is just weird to have a top 5 Buck of this Century be so hated by the vocal minority. If the Bucks win a championship, we will need Khris to play well. Yet about 5 posters get tickled pink when Khris does poorly.

Reminds me of vikings fans whod rather see the packers lose than see a vikings win.

Reminds me of Vikings fans because it just really must suck to be them.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#43 » by mke_design » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Perseus1966 wrote:Giannis asked (politely) Russell to demand a trade for Bucks?

Also, really need Jrue to shake off the rust. He is key to our playoff run. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, of course. He did have some nice late threes to give us a lead.

I wonder if covid has some lingering effects on him. It can impact you months later.

I think not playing or practicing for 2 weeks on top of covid is having lingering effects. I imagine he will be back into form in perfect time.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,761

Post#44 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:36 pm

hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:I remember a lot of things but im holding them until after we win the chip

Ok, Steve.

Agreed.

But not sure the angle your coming at with regards to my post here. MG is a Giannis stan (nothing wrong with that). When he said he's taking notes, he's talking about the people who put Khris over Giannis.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#45 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm

hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

Ok, Steve.

It's just so weird to have an anchor around our neck be so loved by the vast majority.

Even if you disagree with the resistance, this is a sports argument as old as time.

It's the kicker you just don't trust to hit the 46 yarder in a big spot. It's the Kirk Cousins level quarterback who gives you roller coaster season after season but ultimately takes you nowhere. It's the finesse pitcher with great control who gets rocked every playoff because at the end of the day he has an 88 mph fastball.

This is Khris Middleton's eighth year with the Bucks. Please excuse those of us who have already seen this movie for spoiling the end.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,538

Post#46 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:00 pm

I can't wait for Khris's number to be retired.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Post#47 » by sidney lanier » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:10 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I can't wait for Khris's number to be retired.

I bet Ricky Pierce shows up to the ceremony, but Michael Redd doesn't.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,761

Post#48 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:30 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Ok, Steve.

It's just so weird to have an anchor around our neck be so loved by the vast majority.

Even if you disagree with the resistance, this is a sports argument as old as time.

It's the kicker you just don't trust to hit the 46 yarder in a big spot. It's the Kirk Cousins level quarterback who gives you roller coaster season after season but ultimately takes you nowhere. It's the finesse pitcher with great control who gets rocked every playoff because at the end of the day he has an 88 mph fastball.

This is Khris Middleton's eighth year with the Bucks. Please excuse those of us who have already seen this movie for spoiling the end.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Regardless. You act like Middleton is some scrub. And that's just plain ridiculous.
MKE_Beers
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#49 » by MKE_Beers » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:37 pm

neiLz wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Ok, Steve.

Not all Vikings fans. Some of us are pretty cool and only root for the packers to lose when it helps their team. Also packers fans arent exempt from this type of behavior. There was a movement this year to vote in yannick ngakoue to the pro bowl by packers fans because it would cause the Vikes to lose a better pick. Petty vs petty.
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,901

Post#50 » by BigO » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:25 pm

There is one and only one reason the Bucks won this game. In the fourth quarter, they held the Wizards to 24 points rather than the 30 plus points before. And what changed? The Bucks went from the drop down defense the first three quarters and started switching. So at the end, rather than Westbrook having a wide open shot after Jrue is screened off, Middleton switched right away on him.

Once again, it took Bud most of the game, until he was desperate, and he finally switched.
SickMother
Senior
And1: 609

Post#51 » by SickMother » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Kirk Cousins level?

Yr letting the hate blind yr objectivity.

We all know Khris is Rivers/Stafford level.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#52 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:31 pm

BigO wrote:There is one and only one reason the Bucks won this game. In the fourth quarter, they held the Wizards to 24 points rather than the 30 plus points before. And what changed? The Bucks went from the drop down defense the first three quarters and started switching. So at the end, rather than Westbrook having a wide open shot after Jrue is screened off, Middleton switched right away on him.

Once again, it took Bud most of the game, until he was desperate, and he finally switched.

This is inaccurate. They switched throughout the game and even threw in a couple of zone defenses.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#53 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:49 pm

blazza18 wrote:Pretty odd to need a near A level Giannis to beat the Wizards missing their main guy. Rest of the squad tried to take a night off.

Thankfully Freak doesn't take nights off. Though he's beginning to learn how to pace himself, especially defensively.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#54 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:23 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
But not sure the angle your coming at with regards to my post here. MG is a Giannis stan (nothing wrong with that). When he said he's taking notes, he's talking about the people who put Khris over Giannis.

Nobody put Khris "above" Giannis but he did play better and help the team more than Giannis for roughly the first month of the season. It wasn't even particularly close, what with Khris pushing 60/50/100 while Giannis's most remarkable stats by far were his charge rate and his miss:make ratio on high volume from the the arc and the ft line.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#55 » by mke_design » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 pm

A Dark Knight with no Robin to be found. A true Jokers performance, both laughable and profound. Penguin like defending and using passing lanes out of bounds. The Bane of my existence, Poison Ivy to my veins. But Riddler me this, how can we both be Super and a Wonder in these games? Thank Gotham light is on the horizon, bright like a Flash. Mr Freeze from the line has finally thawed, straight Khash.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,930

Post#56 » by Perishable517 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:44 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:I can't wait for Khris's number to be retired.

I bet Ricky Pierce shows up to the ceremony, but Michael Redd doesn't.
Three all-stars with that number. Pretty wild.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,493

Post#57 » by drone3 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:27 pm

mke_design wrote:A Dark Knight with no Robin to be found. A true Jokers performance, both laughable and profound. Penguin like defending and using passing lanes out of bounds. The Bane of my existence, Poison Ivy to my veins. But Riddler me this, how can we both be Super and a Wonder in these games? Thank Gotham light is on the horizon, bright like a Flash. Mr Freeze from the line has finally thawed, straight Khash.
This is awesome!
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,901

Post#58 » by BigO » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:21 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
BigO wrote:There is one and only one reason the Bucks won this game. In the fourth quarter, they held the Wizards to 24 points rather than the 30 plus points before. And what changed? The Bucks went from the drop down defense the first three quarters and started switching. So at the end, rather than Westbrook having a wide open shot after Jrue is screened off, Middleton switched right away on him.

This is inaccurate. They switched throughout the game and even threw in a couple of zone defenses.

They did not switch throughout the game. As stated in another thread, I wrote Eric Nehm of the Athleti who implied they were switching against the wizards the entire game. They were not. He wrote me and admitted they were playing the drop defense the entire first half. In fact, the fourth quarter was where they went to switching and it is the quarter they held the Wizards to 24 points. Facts matter.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#59 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:34 am

BigO wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

They did not switch throughout the game. As stated in another thread, I wrote Eric Nehm of the Athleti who implied they were switching against the wizards the entire game. They were not. He wrote me and admitted they were playing the drop defense the entire first half. In fact, the fourth quarter was where they went to switching and it is the quarter they held the Wizards to 24 points. Facts matter.

Yes, facts matter. Also, Nehm isn't the only person on earth that can analyze a basketball game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
mke_design
Analyst

Post#60 » by mke_design » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:44 am

drone3 wrote:
mke_design wrote:A Dark Knight with no Robin to be found. A true Jokers performance, both laughable and profound. Penguin like defending and using passing lanes out of bounds. The Bane of my existence, Poison Ivy to my veins. But Riddler me this, how can we both be Super and a Wonder in these games? Thank Gotham light is on the horizon, bright like a Flash. Mr Freeze from the line has finally thawed, straight Khash.
This is awesome!

Appreciate that, I don't even know why I decided to delve into poetry today.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks