Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Re: PG: Bucks hold on over Wizards 

Post#61 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:50 am

BigO wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
BigO wrote:There is one and only one reason the Bucks won this game. In the fourth quarter, they held the Wizards to 24 points rather than the 30 plus points before. And what changed? The Bucks went from the drop down defense the first three quarters and started switching. So at the end, rather than Westbrook having a wide open shot after Jrue is screened off, Middleton switched right away on him.

Once again, it took Bud most of the game, until he was desperate, and he finally switched.

This is inaccurate. They switched throughout the game and even threw in a couple of zone defenses.

They did not switch throughout the game. As stated in another thread, I wrote Eric Nehm of the Athleti who implied they were switching against the wizards the entire game. They were not. He wrote me and admitted they were playing the drop defense the entire first half. In fact, the fourth quarter was where they went to switching and it is the quarter they held the Wizards to 24 points. Facts matter.

Yes, facts matter, and they switched 1-4 the whole game. Very few teams switch with their center, and were not switching with Lopez.

Westbrook is simply one of the worst shooting guards in the game. No team sends their center high on the pick and roll versus him, he's looking to drive.

The Bucks won the game because Middleton blocked Westbrook at the rim, and Westbrook finally missed some 3s, which he normally does with regularity. Did a Giannis at center lineup help in the last few possessions? Maybe, but that's personal, not schematics.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#62 » by hege53190 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:44 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Ok, Steve.

It is just weird to have a top 5 Buck of this Century be so hated by the vocal minority. If the Bucks win a championship, we will need Khris to play well. Yet about 5 posters get tickled pink when Khris does poorly.

Agreed.

But not sure the angle your coming at with regards to my post here. MG is a Giannis stan (nothing wrong with that). When he said he's taking notes, he's talking about the people who put Khris over Giannis.

Blazza18 wrote "Remember when people were saying Khris was the "MVP" of the team? Feels so long ago now." to begin the quote. MG said he is keeping tabs to rub it in.

I really don't know who was saying that Khris was the MVP of the team or why anybody would care that he was playing so good that he was competing with the reigning 2 time MVP of the league for MVP of the team but people somehow think this would be a bad thing.

Is there really anybody in the world that thinks Khris is a better basketball player than Giannis?

Are they upset that someone said Khris had a better game one time this year than Giannis? Maybe a better week? Is that what they are keeping notes on?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,761

Post#63 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:43 am

hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
It is just weird to have a top 5 Buck of this Century be so hated by the vocal minority. If the Bucks win a championship, we will need Khris to play well. Yet about 5 posters get tickled pink when Khris does poorly.

Agreed.

But not sure the angle your coming at with regards to my post here. MG is a Giannis stan (nothing wrong with that). When he said he's taking notes, he's talking about the people who put Khris over Giannis.

Blazza18 wrote "Remember when people were saying Khris was the "MVP" of the team? Feels so long ago now." to begin the quote. MG said he is keeping tabs to rub it in.

I really don't know who was saying that Khris was the MVP of the team or why anybody would care that he was playing so good that he was competing with the reigning 2 time MVP of the league for MVP of the team but people somehow think this would be a bad thing.

Is there really anybody in the world that thinks Khris is a better basketball player than Giannis?

Are they upset that someone said Khris had a better game one time this year than Giannis? Maybe a better week? Is that what they are keeping notes on?

MG would most definitely take offense any time someone would say Khris is the MVP of the team up until that point...
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,379

Post#64 » by blazza18 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:15 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 675

Post#65 » by ejn1214 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:08 am

Neuromancer56 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:Guys did you hear? First time this year we won a game when we down by double digits... I'll repeat in case you didn't understand. First time we won after being down 10 or more. What does everyone think of that? Can we have a thread discussing?

The Paschke-stat-arrhea that blew out this juicy bit, among many others equally irrelevant, is starting to grate on me a little. The poor guy seems less and less connected to numbers that matter and more and more just filling time with things that the interns must snicker at in pre-production meetings.

But then he's always been kind of tone deaf about how interesting or determinative a given stat is.

These guys are the real MVPs.

Melendez mentioned it too and then zora as well. I could not believe how obsessed they were with that random and meaningless stat.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:38 pm

While Paschke does throw out some useless stats I found the fact that we were the only team in the league not to have come back from a double digit deficit interesting (shrug).
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#67 » by midranger » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:While Paschke does throw out some useless stats I found the fact that we were the only team in the league not to have come back from a double digit deficit interesting (shrug).

Indeed mildly interesting. Probably has a lot to do with our first half struggles in closing close games, which we seem to be rapidly improving with. But also, the scoring swings are wild in the nba currently.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,087

Post#68 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:29 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Another game that reinforces the need for a 3rd guard that can guard someone.

Hope Jrue gets his groove back soon, because out-of-sync- Jrue is an offense killer.

Best part about Jrue is that even when he has a "bad" game he still makes plays that contribute to winning basketball. And he made a number of key ones last night to keep the Wizards at arm's length. Hopefully he's clicking on all cylinders come playoff time.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#69 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Ok, Steve.

It's just so weird to have an anchor around our neck be so loved by the vast majority.

Even if you disagree with the resistance, this is a sports argument as old as time.

It's the kicker you just don't trust to hit the 46 yarder in a big spot. It's the Kirk Cousins level quarterback who gives you roller coaster season after season but ultimately takes you nowhere. It's the finesse pitcher with great control who gets rocked every playoff because at the end of the day he has an 88 mph fastball.

This is Khris Middleton's eighth year with the Bucks. Please excuse those of us who have already seen this movie for spoiling the end.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Look, I have been trying to will the Bucks to trade or not max Middleton with numerous loud posts over the past few years. I just felt/feel we could do better with a different player or two. Even after his best season I'm still hoping the Bucks can find a deal. However, I would love nothing more than for Middleton to have a great postseason en route to a Bucks Championship so I can scream from the rooftops "I was wrong!!!" But your hate for this guy is on an unhealthy level. I've seen you call him a "coward" and rarely post about anything else around here. What did Khris do to you or your family? I gotta know.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,530

Post#70 » by chonestown » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Got a little hairy at the end, but managed to dial it in and prevail at the last. Let the momentum accrue.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#71 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:45 pm

hege53190 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:

Agreed.

Honestly there was some straight up blasphemous talk around here in the offseason and early in the season regarding The Golden Child, Giannis Antetokoumpo. Plenty of "Khris is the best player on the team" nonsense. He may have played like it for a 6 game stretch, but Giannis taking an extra few days to sign the supermax, and starting "slow," had plenty of Bucks fans talking and thinking irrationally.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#72 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 pm

This is Saturday’s game thread

Here is last nights.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2063133&start=60
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks