PG Washington - 4 in a row, 9/10

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Re: PG Washington - 4 in a row, 9/10 

Post#81 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:42 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:I also noticed last night when Augustyn was in as PG he missed about 3-4 obvious lobs to Gianni in the pick-and-roll, he was just too timid to let it fly.

This is an underrated skill that Middleton has. Khris is always looking for lob in all the right places.

Seems like only Khris and Jrue can throw proper lobs. I also never understood why Bud doesn't run a high/low action with Gianni and Lopez, since Brook can at least post-up on some dudes (and vice verse).
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,671

Post#82 » by Prez » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:14 pm

I think this is the first time Giannis might actually be the best player in the world. Said this before but he’s still nuking teams but in ways that translate so much better to the postseason. It’s entirely within his reach that we could leave this season considering him truly the best in the world. Even if we don’t win the title, like if he pulls some 2017 Kawhi or 2004 Garnett stuff where his performance is so insane people don’t really care that they didn’t win the title.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#83 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:20 pm

I get that about Donte, but it's still dysfunctional that they were doubling off Donte on Giannis before Jrue even passed it in (last few minutes).. and when Jrue gave it to Donte he missed --- wide the Fck open. Then they left him alone a few possessions later and he pump faked/drive/pass which worked but we all know how that will end up against a playoff contender level defense he will be bullied trying to drive into a turnover or miss.. he's not that guy so when it works it's almost counter productive like when Middleton makes a fadeaway and misses the next 2. Soft dudes like Donte need to hit open 3s to be relevant. Unless he is going to start taking it strong or making an obscene percentage of floaters he needs to shoot that wide open 3 or we will be knocked out of the playoffs again as our stupid prize. Defense my a$$ noone was going to stop Beal.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
Don't want him unless he can hit minimum 45%, preference being 55 actually.

But I mean yeah let's trade our only other PG for a 2nd Donte to brick wide open 3s in the 2nd half when we're trying to close teams out, even Sh#tty ones.

Funny your still trying to push your nonsense after a game that Donte was plus 24, which continues with his trend, while Forbes was a negative again, in an 11 point win, continuing his trend.

Basketball isn't HORSE.

Plus minus to win debates is shaky since it's 4 other players on the floor and Donte had about double the minutes. No it's not horse but he needs to hit that wide open shot or get someone in that can.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#85 » by LuessiT » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I get that about Donte, but it's still dysfunctional that they were doubling off Donte on Giannis before Jrue even passed it in (last few minutes).. and when Jrue gave it to Donte he missed --- wide the Fck open.

Even the best shooters miss more than 50% of their wide open shots. A sample size of... 1 is very convincing indeed.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,061

Post#86 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

He made 2/5 last night, this is just absurd. Just such a negative way to watch an entertaining game that you're supposed to be enjoying.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,015

Post#87 » by FrieAaron » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Yeah, 2/5 from Donte is pretty much exactly what you're hoping for offensively.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,902

Post#88 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:48 pm

LuessiT wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:I get that about Donte, but it's still dysfunctional that they were doubling off Donte on Giannis before Jrue even passed it in (last few minutes).. and when Jrue gave it to Donte he missed --- wide the Fck open.

Even the best shooters miss more than 50% of their wide open shots. A sample size of... 1 is very convincing indeed.

Not that I agree with the takes on Donte, but there's several guys shooting >50% on wide open 3's, including Bryn Forbes. 8-)
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:51 pm

F#ck his 2 for 5. Do you think we'll ever need him to hit a wide open shot against a tough defense to win a playoff game when their walling Giannis? Sample size of 1 my a$$.. His 2 makes were in the 1st quarter.. in the 2nd half against a non-playoff type team he has no nuts.

Watch the whole Miami series again... sometimes that open kick 3 is the ONLY good shot we could get .. all pump drives were shut down. Either make that shot or lose
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Stats are failing you guys and I don't understand it. Let's paint it for you twice.

A. Remember playing a pickup game with men and only had 9 dudes so you asked some 12 year old to play but noone actually covered him? His guy kind of zoned around the paint ripping everyone and if the kid actually got it he pissed his pants. That's Donte all year... that's why his 38% is sh#t.

B. Remember when Beal was being hounded on D but still managed to score? Noone has covered Donte like that all year.. that's why his 2 for 5 is sh#t
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:08 pm

If you don't believe me watch the last 4 min again if you DVRd it. We played at the Y like that. Whoever has the 12 year old we said leave him and double a real threat. NOONE was checking Donte.. this is the NBA not the Y it can't happen
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#92 » by emunney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:08 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I get that about Donte, but it's still dysfunctional that they were doubling off Donte on Giannis before Jrue even passed it in (last few minutes).. and when Jrue gave it to Donte he missed --- wide the Fck open. Then they left him alone a few possessions later and he pump faked/drive/pass which worked but we all know how that will end up against a playoff contender level defense he will be bullied trying to drive into a turnover or miss.. he's not that guy so when it works it's almost counter productive like when Middleton makes a fadeaway and misses the next 2. Soft dudes like Donte need to hit open 3s to be relevant. Unless he is going to start taking it strong or making an obscene percentage of floaters he needs to shoot that wide open 3 or we will be knocked out of the playoffs again as our stupid prize. Defense my a$$ noone was going to stop Beal.

I know Donte made the play but man imagine if he didn't. What a **** up he is.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#93 » by emunney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:10 pm

You miss 100% of the shots you don't make.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Edit
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#95 » by LuessiT » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:14 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Not that I agree with the takes on Donte, but there's several guys shooting >50% on wide open 3's, including Bryn Forbes. 8-)

There are 16 players who have played at least 20 games attempting more than 1 wide open 3 per game shooting 50% or more. We actually have 3 players over 50% in Middleton, Portis and Forbes.
Steph Curry shoots 'just' 41.2% what a sucker.
emunney
RealGM

Post#96 » by emunney » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:21 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

There are 16 players who have played at least 20 games attempting more than 1 wide open 3 per game shooting 50% or more. We actually have 3 players over 50% in Middleton, Portis and Forbes.

They should trade him for a sniper.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm

emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

They should trade him for a sniper.

Curry doesn't have a winning record nor does he have his other All Star. He wouldn't be playing like he is if he had his team together.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#98 » by crowhead76 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Stats are failing you guys and I don't understand it. Let's paint it for you twice.

A. Remember playing a pickup game with men and only had 9 dudes so you asked some 12 year old to play but noone actually covered him? His guy kind of zoned around the paint ripping everyone and if the kid actually got it he pissed his pants. That's Donte all year... that's why his 38% is sh#t.

B. Remember when Beal was being hounded on D but still managed to score? Noone has covered Donte like that all year.. that's why his 2 for 5 is sh#t

Wait, you play basketball at the Y with 12 year olds and are using that as a way to explain why Donte is no good?

Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:52 pm

crowhead76 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Stats are failing you guys and I don't understand it. Let's paint it for you twice.

Wait, you play basketball at the Y with 12 year olds and are using that as a way to explain why Donte is no good?

Thanks, perfect example of knowing how to read but not comprehend.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#100 » by LuessiT » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Team all sniper:

Anfernee Simons
Garrison Mathews
James Ennis
Danilo Gallinari
Bobby Portis

Ez championships, why none thought of that?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks