ImageImage

POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Grade The Trade

A
25%
B
51%
C
19%
D
3%
F
2%

Total votes: 179

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#701 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 pm

skones wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Plus PJ has been a starter basically his whole career and Donte has bench guy talent.

PJ Tucker wasn't even good enough to be in the league for 5 seasons. Donte' is 3 years younger than PJ Tucker was when he finally got an NBA roster spot after being waived his rookie year for Luke **** Jackson. But PJ Tucker has been a starter basically his whole career and Donte has mere bench talent.

Disingenuous. PJ Tucker was a starter all 5 of those seasons in 5 different leagues. Something Donte cannot say.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,721

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#702 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:55 pm

Yeah, I mean even last year. Is KCP really much better/different to DDV?
#LockUpChuck
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#703 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:56 pm

Notice to Visitors: Please refrain from feeding the Jragon. Feeding the Jragon results in a steaming pile of poop takes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PG Graveyard
Head Coach
And1: 4,443

Post#704 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
mke_design wrote:I’m still very confused about the Rodion portion of this.

Kurucs' name wasn't even mentioned during Bud's post-practice presser, he only referenced getting PJ.

Good catch. Although the Bucks twitter did welcome him to Milwaukee.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Will they do the farewell tweet if we trade him or cut him in 3 days?
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#705 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:06 am

I feel better about this trade, especially if it's true that Tucker was just mailing it in on the Rockets this year as opposed to being cooked.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#706 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Notice to Visitors: Please refrain from feeding the Jragon. Feeding the Jragon results in a steaming pile of poop takes.

It would be quite Milwaukee to overvalue a guy like Donte because he jumps around a lot and has a non-embarrassing game once in awhile.

I'm the one that's feeding you guys but pointing out he's unreliable and unproven in comparison to a war tested guy like Tucker. His year this year in that dumpster fire in Houston is irrelevant.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#707 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:30 am

-Jragon- wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Notice to Visitors: Please refrain from feeding the Jragon. Feeding the Jragon results in a steaming pile of poop takes.

It would be quite Milwaukee to overvalue a guy like Donte because he jumps around a lot and has a non-embarrassing game once in awhile.

I'm the one that's feeding you guys but pointing out he's unreliable and unproven in comparison to a war tested guy like Tucker. His year this year in that dumpster fire in Houston is irrelevant.

He's a good to great defender, high energy, can handle the ball, has decent size for a guard, athletic, can drive to the rim, and is an average three point shooter.

He is getting better at shooting, and will eventually be a 40+% shooter from 3, which is above average even after accounting for the fact that a lot of his shots are open threes due to Giannis gravity. His passing and decision making will also improve as he gets more comfortable, as well as his finishing at the rim, and his ability to draw fouls. When all these things happen, a year or 2 from now, he will be a borderline all star.

If we can trade him and some other things for an improvement that fits, I would do it, but no need to get rid of him just for the sake of it.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#708 » by midranger » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:36 am

DDV is fine. Far from a problem as your 4/5th guy. Let’s just move on from that.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#709 » by Packbuckman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:37 am

Dam when I was reading some of the earlier posts most hated this trade which kinda shocked me lol
I love this trade Well one I hated every time Augustine was on the court and Wilson never played. Tucker will be a great pickup for this team big deal we move a few spots back in the draft.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,829

Post#710 » by jschligs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:43 am

After seeing his interviews I’m hyped for Tucker. Foolish or not I don’t care
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#711 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:46 am

Packbuckman wrote:Dam when I was reading some of the earlier posts most hated this trade which kinda shocked me lol
I love this trade Well one I hated every time Augustine was on the court and Wilson never played. Tucker will be a great pickup for this team big deal we move a few spots back in the draft.

Augustine is terrible but I still have hope for Wilson, that he can be a rotation big.
still learning the game

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#712 » by Packbuckman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:59 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:Dam when I was reading some of the earlier posts most hated this trade which kinda shocked me lol

Augustine is terrible but I still have hope for Wilson, that he can be a rotation big.

When though with Wilson you got to play to get better and be a rotation player and he never does. When Williams retired and Ersan didn’t come back that should have been his time to play but we got Portis and even the rookies played more. He doesn’t look terrible when he played so something has to be going on in practice.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Post#713 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:13 am

I keep seeing that the main reason people like this trade is because they won't have to watch DJA. Have you realized that this actually leads to more minutes by Forbes? The Bucks have been far worse with Forbes on the floor than with DJA on the floor.

I was really hoping to get 1 good guard to replace them both, but now that's a pipe dream.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,186

Post#714 » by Chad34 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:16 am

To all those who are down on this trade, I'm telling you PJ Tucker is going to be an overwhelming success on this Bucks team :nod: PJ!! PJ!! PJ!! come on chant his name. say it with me. PJ!! PJ!! PJ!! Welcome to Milwaukee!!!
Read on Twitter
/photo/2
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,186

Post#715 » by Chad34 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:21 am

Read on Twitter
KonKrete
Freshman
And1: 84

Post#716 » by KonKrete » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:21 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Can he start for DDV?

Dude, we get it. I'd be mad too if my girlfriend cheated on me with a ginger.

I feel attacked! That would have cut me to my soul.....if I had one.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#717 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:22 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:I keep seeing that the main reason people like this trade is because they won't have to watch DJA. Have you realized that this actually leads to more minutes by Forbes? The Bucks have been far worse with Forbes on the floor than with DJA on the floor.

I was really hoping to get 1 good guard to replace them both, but now that's a pipe dream.

Pat+Forbes for Wright works in trademachine. I know you said you want to keep Pat, but Tucker brings some of the things that Pat does, and Wright gives us what we're missing in the back court.
still learning the game

BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#718 » by BucksFanSD » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:45 am

Shooting and toughness. What the Horsty ordered.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#719 » by tski1972 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:47 am

-Jragon- wrote:

And I thought Fotis was way out there.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#720 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 am

midranger wrote:DDV is fine. Far from a problem as your 4/5th guy. Let’s just move on from that.

See, there's not a huge gap in our ranking or evaluation. I have DDV as 6th best so I'd like him better as a 6th man instead of starting shooting guard. The Donte fanboys act like I think he's the worst on the team. My order is:

1. Giannis
2a. Jrue (better end of game than Khris)
2b. Khris
4a. Brook
4b. Tucker (experience/dependability)
6. DDV
7. Forbes

When I talked about Forbes playing more minutes with Giannis instead of Donte it's because of that dangerous jumper that keeps early doubles away from Giannis but I also recognize playing Forbes and Khris together is too much ole D in one lineup. Tucker would help the D. I also recognize that Donte usually impacts the game more than Forbes with his disruptive energy.

If Tucker can still hit that wide open big nuts corner 3 it's a game changer because he can cover almost any position depending on the team. Giannis does not like battling against him and neither does anyone else. Donte is still improving but I think Tucker gives us more toughness and dependability. Tucker also has more big game experience, is still plenty disruptive and has more playoff experience.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks