ImageImage

POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Grade The Trade

A
25%
B
51%
C
19%
D
3%
F
2%

Total votes: 179

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#721 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:10 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I keep seeing that the main reason people like this trade is because they won't have to watch DJA. Have you realized that this actually leads to more minutes by Forbes? The Bucks have been far worse with Forbes on the floor than with DJA on the floor.

I was really hoping to get 1 good guard to replace them both, but now that's a pipe dream.

Pat+Forbes for Wright works in trademachine. I know you said you want to keep Pat, but Tucker brings some of the things that Pat does, and Wright gives us what we're missing in the back court.

Unfortunately that puts us back in the tax, and avoiding the tax is more important to Lasry than winning.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#722 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:21 am

I should also be fair to Donte and his big fans by adding it's not his fault there was barely an offseason to work on new things.

I saw Tucker be a playoff force in his role for several years. Donte was ran off the court by Miami guards in his one chance so what else am I supposed to go on?
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#723 » by mke_design » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:30 am

-Jragon- wrote:I should also be fair to Donte and his big fans by adding it's not his fault there was barely an offseason to work on new things.

I saw Tucker be a playoff force in his role for several years. Donte was ran off the court by Miami guards in his one chance so what else am I supposed to go on?

Maybe how he is playing this season?
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#724 » by Antinomy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:31 am

-Jragon- wrote:I should also be fair to Donte and his big fans by adding it's not his fault there was barely an offseason to work on new things.

No he wasn’t.

Donte was inexplicably benched in the first 3-4 games against Miami because he struggled in the bubble earlier. It made zero sense, seeing as he was a major rotation piece all year.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#725 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 am

-Jragon- wrote:
midranger wrote:DDV is fine. Far from a problem as your 4/5th guy. Let’s just move on from that.

See, there's not a huge gap in our ranking or evaluation. I have DDV as 6th best so I'd like him better as a 6th man instead of starting shooting guard. The Donte fanboys act like I think he's the worst on the team. My order is:

1. Giannis
2a. Jrue (better end of game than Khris)
2b. Khris
4a. Brook
4b. Tucker (experience/dependability)
6. DDV
7. Forbes

When I talked about Forbes playing more minutes with Giannis instead of Donte it's because of that dangerous jumper that keeps early doubles away from Giannis but I also recognize playing Forbes and Khris together is too much ole D in one lineup. Tucker would help the D. I also recognize that Donte usually impacts the game more than Forbes with his disruptive energy.

If Tucker can still hit that wide open big nuts corner 3 it's a game changer because he can cover almost any position depending on the team. Giannis does not like battling against him and neither does anyone else. Donte is still improving but I think Tucker gives us more toughness and dependability. Tucker also has more big game experience, is still plenty disruptive and has more playoff experience.

You really think Brook is our 4th best player lol? And no Portis?

Giannis
Middleton
Holiday
DDV
Portis
Brook
Forbes
Tucker

Tucker has to show that he's not washed for me to put him above Forbes.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#726 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:58 am

mke_design wrote:

Maybe how he is playing this season?

It's also very Milwaukee to overvalue regular season stats without thinking how these plays will translate to the playoffs.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant

Post#727 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
midranger wrote:DDV is fine. Far from a problem as your 4/5th guy. Let’s just move on from that.

See, there's not a huge gap in our ranking or evaluation. I have DDV as 6th best so I'd like him better as a 6th man instead of starting shooting guard. The Donte fanboys act like I think he's the worst on the team. My order is:

1. Giannis
2a. Jrue (better end of game than Khris)
2b. Khris
4a. Brook
4b. Tucker (experience/dependability)
6. DDV
7. Forbes

When I talked about Forbes playing more minutes with Giannis instead of Donte it's because of that dangerous jumper that keeps early doubles away from Giannis but I also recognize playing Forbes and Khris together is too much ole D in one lineup. Tucker would help the D. I also recognize that Donte usually impacts the game more than Forbes with his disruptive energy.

If Tucker can still hit that wide open big nuts corner 3 it's a game changer because he can cover almost any position depending on the team. Giannis does not like battling against him and neither does anyone else. Donte is still improving but I think Tucker gives us more toughness and dependability. Tucker also has more big game experience, is still plenty disruptive and has more playoff experience.

You really think Brook is our 4th best player lol? And no Portis?

Giannis
Middleton
Holiday
DDV
Portis
Brook
Forbes
Tucker

Tucker has to show that he's not washed for me to put him above Forbes.

Yes, I should have Portis over Bryn. DDV isn't our 4th best player though. I guess team USA is going to regret not taking Donte since he's a better, more valuable player than Brook.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#728 » by Perseus1966 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:29 am

In Kurucs we trust!
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#729 » by bucksfansince88 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 am

Did Bud even mention Kurucs in his presser? was he in Milwaukee even?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#730 » by HKPackFan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:52 am

Donte was awful awful awful in the bubble. But post bubble, donte's game is on the rise.

I like the personalities we are bringing in.

Giannis is turning into a closer in the 4th.
Jrue has that cool, calm, clutch game too. He appears to be the opposite of Bledsoe.
DDV has the nova winner's trait and it's starting to show up in crucial game situations. Getting a charge on D with seconds left. Hitting a couple timely threes when the team needs a bucket. Getting a steal or finding a cutter, getting offensive fouls playing D.
And tucker. Has the blue collar, the toughness, no nonsense, scrappy player. Plus he's hit a game winner. He's got the same work hard gene Giannis has.

I definitely feel this team has more guys that can close a basketball game compared to last year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#731 » by DrWood » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:59 am

A lot of you seem to be counting on the belief that the only reason Tucker has sucked is that he was on a bad team. Unless that's true, he immediately makes the team worse by taking minutes from Fortis and Lopez.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#732 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:07 am

DrWood wrote:A lot of you seem to be counting on the belief that the only reason Tucker has sucked is that he was on a bad team. Unless that's true, he immediately makes the team worse by taking minutes from Fortis and Lopez.

You might be onto something about teams trading for players who they think can help them.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,493

Post#733 » by drone3 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Potential playoff rotation;

PG: Jrue 38, Donte 10
SG: Donte 20, Forbes 14, Pat 14,
SF: Khris 38, Pat 10
PF: Giannis 38, Tucker 10
C: Brook: 20, Portis 20, Tucker 8
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#734 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 pm

DrWood wrote:A lot of you seem to be counting on the belief that the only reason Tucker has sucked is that he was on a bad team. Unless that's true, he immediately makes the team worse by taking minutes from Fortis and Lopez.

I looked this up earlier, but my belief is he needs a high gravity player to feed him or he isn't useful on offense. In the 8 games with Harden he shot 55% from three. So I am not going to sweat his overall 3 pt %, because I think he'll get the looks he needs to be good from there playing with Giannis.

As far as the rest of the game, I have no idea, but seems to me he is more a strength/effort vs. athleticism guy, so that might put him in the Kurt Thomas type long career category.

Who knows, but if it works, we can extend him, if it doesn't I guess we cut a year of DJA and created a TPE that could be useful for effectively moving down a few slots in the draft.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#735 » by LUKE23 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Don't see Tucker getting more minutes than DDV. I think DDV plays around the same minutes as a starter and then also eats up some of DJA's minutes, so I see his minutes increasing. I could see Bud subbing DDV out a little earlier to start games, but then heading in for Jrue to be the backup PG.

I'd still keep my eye out for PG buyout candidates, but I'd also run DDV a lot at PG until the buyout deadline to see how he handles it. Because he's a far more versatile player than anyone we will be able to add in the buyout. If you can move him to 30+ effective minutes, that would be big for playoffs.

As far as Tucker, ideally you keep him around 25 mpg and just let him go full throttle.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#736 » by raferfenix » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Swapping PJ for DJA is going to significantly if not dramatically improve our defense.

At a baseline Tucker brings an injection of desperately needed Kurt Thomas style toughness.

Donte playing more backup PG instead of Augustin is a big difference. Connaughton could play more SG as opposed to small ball PF now as well.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#737 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:04 pm

I mean, there’s no law that you have to play him if he’s giving you less than Bobby or Lopez are giving you. In the end you opened up some cap space and rolled the dice on a guy who might be able to help in certain series if he has anything left in the tank, and you didn’t pay much to do it. We have plenty of time to find out if he’s bad and if he is he’ll sit at the end of the bench in the playoffs. This is a lot of hand wringing over a trade that is, at worst, almost completely net neutral with a chance to be a positive. Let’s just see how it plays out.
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 787

Post#738 » by Packbuckman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Lol it’s all about matchups n the playoffs and this is what this move is about. Tucker gives us a player that plays great D who can switch and be physical. We are going to be way more versatile on D. He’s 35 who doesn’t rely on athleticism it’s strength and smarts he will be great here.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#739 » by Siefer » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:14 pm

I said this earlier, but I think the floor of this deal is pretty high, even if Tucker is washed. Clearing DJA's contract, getting below the tax, and opening room to add a buyout guy or two is worth moving back 5-10 spots in the draft. If Tucker can give us 15-20 good minutes a night, this trade becomes very good.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Post#740 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:46 pm

Siefer wrote:I said this earlier, but I think the floor of this deal is pretty high, even if Tucker is washed. Clearing DJA's contract, getting below the tax, and opening room to add a buyout guy or two is worth moving back 5-10 spots in the draft. If Tucker can give us 15-20 good minutes a night, this trade becomes very good.

We were going to have the option for a buyout guy either way. Now we'll do it but still stay with a 14 man roster, and we still haven't added a decent backup guard.

The only thing we've really accomplished is we got under the tax, but the was goal #1 for Lasry.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks