ImageImage

POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Grade The Trade

A
25%
B
51%
C
19%
D
3%
F
2%

Total votes: 179

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#761 » by raferfenix » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:38 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:He was acquired as a means to get under the tax. He won't be here next year. Either we win it, and then we don't need the leadership, or we lose, because he wasn't good enough.

If other teams want to overpay him, let them.

Bucks have been linked to PJ Tucker since the draft.

I’m also assuming the owners avoiding the tax was a significant plus for them in the deal.

But the powers that be like PJ as well.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Re: POLL ADDED: Bucks Deal Augustin, Wilson, 2 1sts for Own 22 1st, 21 2nd, PJ Tucker, Kurucs 

Post#762 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:42 pm

raferfenix wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:He was acquired as a means to get under the tax. He won't be here next year. Either we win it, and then we don't need the leadership, or we lose, because he wasn't good enough.

If other teams want to overpay him, let them.

Bucks have been linked to PJ Tucker since the draft.

I’m also assuming the owners avoiding the tax was a significant plus for them in the deal.

But the powers that be like PJ as well.

They liked DJA too until they saw him firsthand. Same with Mirotic and RoLo. They only keep the good players.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,493

Post#763 » by drone3 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:11 am

Haven't heard much about Kurucs, is he on the move?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,004

Post#764 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:33 am

Nobody cares about Kurucs...sounds like the name of a TV show from the 80's.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#765 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:59 am

-Jragon- wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
See, there's not a huge gap in our ranking or evaluation. I have DDV as 6th best so I'd like him better as a 6th man instead of starting shooting guard. The Donte fanboys act like I think he's the worst on the team. My order is:

1. Giannis
2a. Jrue (better end of game than Khris)
2b. Khris
4a. Brook
4b. Tucker (experience/dependability)
6. DDV
7. Forbes

When I talked about Forbes playing more minutes with Giannis instead of Donte it's because of that dangerous jumper that keeps early doubles away from Giannis but I also recognize playing Forbes and Khris together is too much ole D in one lineup. Tucker would help the D. I also recognize that Donte usually impacts the game more than Forbes with his disruptive energy.

If Tucker can still hit that wide open big nuts corner 3 it's a game changer because he can cover almost any position depending on the team. Giannis does not like battling against him and neither does anyone else. Donte is still improving but I think Tucker gives us more toughness and dependability. Tucker also has more big game experience, is still plenty disruptive and has more playoff experience.

You really think Brook is our 4th best player lol? And no Portis?

Giannis
Middleton
Holiday
DDV
Portis
Brook
Forbes
Tucker

Tucker has to show that he's not washed for me to put him above Forbes.

Yes, I should have Portis over Bryn. DDV isn't our 4th best player though. I guess team USA is going to regret not taking Donte since he's a better, more valuable player than Brook.

Brook was better in 2019.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 784

Post#766 » by drdrG » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:40 am

If Kurucs is on the move for something else, I'm excited to see it. If not, I always noticed him making smart plays with those Nets and think he could find a role taking PatC's minutes in the small ball lineup.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#767 » by DrWood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:35 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:The only thing we've really accomplished is we got under the tax, but the was goal #1 for Lasry.

This really isn't true. No matter how you view Tucker, he's clearly going to give us better defensive minutes than Augustin, and in many matchups, Lopez.

And sadly, he's actually way worse offensively. Tucker basically replaces Craig and Thanasis. This will increase Forbes role, and the Bucks tank when Forbes is on the floor. Much work to do yet.

If Tucker only took Craig, Thanassis, and DJW's minutes (adds up to about 14 minutes a game), I'd be fine with that.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#768 » by DrWood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:36 am

drdrG wrote:If Kurucs is on the move for something else, I'm excited to see it. If not, I always noticed him making smart plays with those Nets and think he could find a role taking PatC's minutes in the small ball lineup.

Yeah, let's bench one of our better players and play someone who couldn't play on the worst team in the league.
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 784

Post#769 » by drdrG » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:58 am

DrWood wrote:
drdrG wrote:If Kurucs is on the move for something else, I'm excited to see it. If not, I always noticed him making smart plays with those Nets and think he could find a role taking PatC's minutes in the small ball lineup.

Yeah, let's bench one of our better players and play someone who couldn't play on the worst team in the league.

Not the player Kurucs has been this year but the Kurucs from Brooklyn. If we keep this 6'9 cheap 23 yr old, it would be in the Bucks best interest to help him regain his form - which was a player that could fill the role they are trying to have PatC fill, and one I think the Brooklyn version would be better at
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#770 » by DrWood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:06 am

drdrG wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Not the player Kurucs has been this year but the Kurucs from Brooklyn. If we keep this 6'9 cheap 23 yr old, it would be in the Bucks best interest to help him regain his form - which was a player that could fill the role they are trying to have PatC fill, and one I think the Brooklyn version would be better at

Obviously he's young enough to still become a contributor on a good team. I'm guessing the bucks have already made the decision whether he'll get that chance with them.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,854

Post#771 » by Jez2983 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:17 am

I'm really not enamoured with anyone of a history of assault on our team. Can anyone assuage my thoughts or can I continue thinking Kurucs is a POS?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#772 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 am

Jez2983 wrote:I'm really not enamoured with anyone of a history of assault on our team. Can anyone assuage my thoughts or can I continue thinking Kurucs is a POS?

Jason kidd thinks he's fine.
#FreeChuckDiesel
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#773 » by M-C-G » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:47 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:I'm really not enamoured with anyone of a history of assault on our team. Can anyone assuage my thoughts or can I continue thinking Kurucs is a POS?

Jason kidd thinks he's fine.

Kobe Bryant would be as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#774 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:55 pm

drone3 wrote:Haven't heard much about Kurucs, is he on the move?

I guess he is out with health and safety protocols and an oblique strain but they have two weeks from the time the trade was official to get back to 14 players on the roster, not counting Toupane or Diakite, so I think he'll be on the roster as an afterthought for a while. If they had a worthwhile trade option for him, it probably would have been part of the PJ trade. It's much harder to flip him now because they can't package him with any other players and they can only trade him for a similar pittance of a salary in return.

If they wait long enough to fit two prorated vet min guys under the tax threshold, then they might just cut him. I get that vibe from the organization. By my rough calculations, assuming the estimates I've heard of $1.2m under the tax are true, that would be after the 3/29 LAC game, and they would then be able to sign two guys before the post-PJ deadline to get back to 14 NBA contracts on the roster. 13 guys now, subtract Kurucs, add two vet mins by 4/1 or 4/2, and you're set.

ETA: I also assumed the prorated vet min salary is just x/72 times $1.62m, which seems reasonable but isn't confirmed. They do have a tiny bit of wriggle room before the deadline to have 14 players though, and the deadline to be playoff eligible after a buyout is 4/9 if I'm not mistaken.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#775 » by slos » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 am

That trade down started at #25 for #33 and is already at #26 for #32. I can see this ending up at #30 for #31. Huge win for Horst in the making.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#776 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:45 am

slos wrote:That trade down started at #25 for #33 and is already at #26 for #32. I can see this ending up at #30 for #31. Huge win for Horst in the making.

Hey, if the Milwaukee 1st is 30, it's an automatic win, but yeah I do see the Bucks once again getting the best record in the East.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#777 » by raferfenix » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:26 pm

“You can see that intensity,” Middleton said. “He’s ready to compete at the highest level. He wants it. He’s going to be a great fit for us. Guy that can defend multiple positions, can shoot the ball. He’s smart, his IQ is high. You hear his voice in the locker room, you hear his voice on the bench during timeouts and then on the court. Just another veteran guy that knows how to play.”

While his impact on the floor was limited because of a light minutes load in his first game action since March 3 with the Rockets, teammates stressed they still felt Tucker’s presence. For years, Tucker has been known as one of the league’s best communicators. That was no different in his debut with the Bucks.

“He’s always loud, even when he’s on the bench,” Antetokounmpo said. “He’s always talking. He’s talking to the guys on the bench. He’s talking to the guys on the court. This is his first day here. We need that. We need somebody that’s going to be loud all the time. We need somebody to keep feeding us with feedback, so we can play the right way. When he comes on the court, he’s aware of everything. He’s talking to me. He’s talking to Jrue. He’s talking to Khris. It’s amazing. We need that. That veteran leadership. We need somebody that’s going to be vocal all the time and he’s definitely that.”

“We feel like, honestly, we have a really good chance of winning, winning it all,” Holiday said. “It is about the bigger picture and us going to the playoffs and us staying healthy, but I think defensively is where it’s going to be and we got better defensively.”

https://theathletic.com/2466749/2021/03/21/bucks-p-j-tucker-makes-clear-impact-in-milwaukee-debut-hes-amazing-to-play-with/?source=dailyemail
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#778 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Had a whole week to digest the trade while on vacation, and yeah, this seems like a pretty obvious win from both a value and roster construction standpoint. Was convinced we were gonna have to eat Augustin's deal, but to get off that salary by exchanging him for an actual useful player while only moving back a few spots in the later/inconsequential portion of the draft seems like a no-brainer, even if you don't think PJ has much left.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#779 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:45 am

This was a good trade and I'm glad we added PJ Tucker, regardless of what happens in game 7.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#780 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

I gave it a B.... Lame... I was being too safe, I loved it at the time, but all the, "he's too old talk" dampered my optimism.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks