****, we blew it.

Hell yeah, great win.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Philly - Bucks Come From 19 down for 5th Straight 

Post#102 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:44 am

Thanasis with the 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 +8.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Post#103 » by sidney lanier » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:54 am

greekbuck34 wrote:The sixers fans are so butthurt for Giannis sitting down yet they are loving it when the biggest "clown" of the league makes a similar move once per week at least.

Very true.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#104 » by smauss » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:This team needs to realize that Jrue is the #2 and Middleton is the most elite #3 in the NBA. Jrue needs to be the one throwing FU lobs with 35 seconds left in the game.

Have to give Gianni credit he looked tentative at times but once he got in the post and at the high post he only needed 2 dribbles to shoot a solid shot.
I believe they are both #3 NBA talents. I don't disagree that Jrue should be running the offense , especially at crunch time.

Sent from my SM-A205U using RealGM mobile app
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#105 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 am

smauss wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:This team needs to realize that Jrue is the #2 and Middleton is the most elite #3 in the NBA. Jrue needs to be the one throwing FU lobs with 35 seconds left in the game.

Have to give Gianni credit he looked tentative at times but once he got in the post and at the high post he only needed 2 dribbles to shoot a solid shot.
I believe they are both #3 NBA talents. I don't disagree that Jrue should be running the offense , especially at crunch time.

Jrue has #2 skill. He has the most polished fundamentals on the team. I like his composure, and he tends to save his best for bigger moments. But yes we are essentially in agreement.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by smauss » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:03 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:
smauss wrote:

Jrue has #2 skill. He has the most polished fundamentals on the team. I like his composure, and he tends to save his best for bigger moments. But yes we are essentially in agreement.
except he does not have a #2 jumper, imho.

"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#107 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:05 am

smauss wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
smauss wrote:I believe they are both #3 NBA talents. I don't disagree that Jrue should be running the offense , especially at crunch time.

Agreed. That’s all Khris. But Jrue is a sneaky good mid range shooter.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by smauss » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:08 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:
smauss wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:

put'em together and you got a #2.

simul justus et peccator
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#109 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 am

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#110 » by MrHoneycutt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:59 am

yeah yeah, amazing win, Giannis is the MVP and all, what a guy...

I'm just here to say I have no truck with the Haislip hate. I still think dude is about to become a real contributor, abundant athletic prowess on display
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,221

Post#111 » by soboMP3 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:24 am

Sixers board making it sound like Giannis sat on the 76ers logo. He sat down about 10 feet from it as the timeout was called. Much ado about nothing.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#112 » by skones » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:28 am

Ben was the primary defender on Giannis for nearly the entire 4th and OT periods in which Giannis went for 19 points 6 rebounds and 2 assists (could be a bit off, quick count in the game logs). Simmons routinely switched off of Giannis, especially in the fourth, when the pick came. Something that was pretty clearly part of our plan.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#113 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Let the Kurucs era begin!

I'm taking the "He's still young" qualifier from Rashad Vaughn and giving it to Kurucs.

Imma just finished watching the game and have worked through most of a bottle of rum and trying to work through whether to respond ot trade stuff or game stuff but Kurucs was at least before the domestic violence stuff a high impact role player type dude. Kinda the opposite of Vaughn in a more Ersan/ Marvin kinda form. Could be a great pick up if he's still that dude but also I dunno if I want to cheer for hum.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#114 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

trwi7 wrote:Can't wait for AussieBuck to comment on Ben Simmons going 1-1 on 3s.

I think my only ever post about him was telling Supreme to forget about Maker and look at Ben about 9 years ago. Dude is maybe an inch shorter than Giannis and plays like he's 6'4. Great that he's attempting Kidd's career but after Giannis it seems a bit meh.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#115 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

Prez wrote:That was some gangster **** by Giannis late game. I hope he trolls more often, he’s having fun with it and he’s balling on a different level

Anyone who stills compares Simmons to Giannis needs to be sent to space immediately

Giannis going against 3 dudes vs Simmons getting whoever in the 1-4 switch. Same/same.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#116 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:34 am

DDV was a mixed bag but overall he hit a couple big threes when the offense was dead in the water. Some clutch shots. He got that moving screen on Howard, that was a clutch move (second time he got howard). He had a couple big boards in important moments. He got steals and was definitely impacting the game in good clutch ways.

Unfortunately he got burned by the Turkish Terror, but the team overcame it.

Jrue was similar so many clutch moments down the stretch in the 4th.

Giannis of course was so MVP in the fourth and in OT was incredible. That was some GOAT performance out there. My goodness.

Patty C, I bitched about him a lot after his contract, but actually he's been decent and an essential part of the bench. 12 boards was pretty huge. He's had some decent games lately thats been part of winning basketball.

THis team is having clutch winning moments. Definitely something new compared to previous years. DDV, Jrue, and Giannis for the most ppart come up big at the right moments.
#FreeChuckDiesel
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,824

Post#117 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:47 am

smauss wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
smauss wrote:except he does not have a #2 jumper, imho.

put'em together and you got a #2.

Like beans and rice, providing all 20 vital amino acids together despite certain individual deficiencies, and all without the deleterious effects on fiber regularity so commonly associated with meat and dairy proteins, a threat that would be analogous to a true star who doesn't know how to defer to Giannis or play defense.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#118 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Seriously tho, hang a banner for that time we survived Bryn Forbes played 17.5 minutes and only scored the one point from a tech FT. More than a third of a game of basically playing 4 vs 5. Hang a **** banner! Also we got rid of two! DJs today!!!! Win win win **** win
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#119 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Khris has been around too long to make those boneheaded plays at the end of regulation and it feels like we should mention it. Only hope here is that it's better now than in the playoffs?

The last one is worse to me...pretty much anything else he does besides score that layup runs out 3 seconds. Most obvious is pass to a teammate especially Giannis who had noone by him clock runs out. Just stop and stand there, keep dribbling, throw the ball way up in the air and play volleyball with it ..like anything keeps the clock going down.

Did he..... not know they had a timeout and would take 3 seconds bringing the ball up?
... think we were already up 2 and the layup iced it? I think middle school kids know to dribble and pass the clock out wtf... can we win an ECF with that guy?
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,700

Post#120 » by yannisk » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:56 pm

we never take care of time. At the end of most quarters we start the move 3 seconds too early (around the 8 second mark) leaving time on the clock for the other team to have the last possession. Since everybody does it, I will accuse Bud for not putting some emphasis on this.

Harden is having another mvp level year, it is a pity we could not trade for him, a Giannis Harden pair would have made us the favorite

Return to Milwaukee Bucks