Re: PG Pacers - Bucks roll to 7th Straight 

Post#41 » by ejn1214 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 am

I like the mcconnell.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#42 » by DrWood » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:59 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:tucker took 1 shot in 28 minutes and hasnt been that much of a defender. not even convinced hes better than pat out there defensiveiy. maybe with giannis on the fIoor and both our bigs off i couId see something working in the switch thing but hes horribIe fighting over screens chasing anything faster than Iopez. not feeIing him yet. stiII Ike the trade. Iove his expring and the cash it freed up this year and next for others

Looking at the box score, it's clear that management longed for the days of Tony Snell's empty stat sheet.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#43 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:30 am

So Diakite seems to not really know what he's doing yet and still manages to be a threat to every shot inside 15 feet. I like that kid a lot. Also When PJ was checking in with his warm ups on and mask it looked like Darvin Ham was about to enter the game, might need a week or two of training.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#44 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:05 am

Man, I don't know what you guys see in Tucker, the guy is struggling. I've seen him young, he doesn't have half the mobility right now. He does all the right things, he sets some good screens, he boxes out (and it matters because he's so wide), he communicates, but he just can't move fast or catch up to the others in transition. Maybe he's just rusty I don't know. But right now he's basically a really short C.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Post#45 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 am

old skool wrote:Yes, it was garbage time, but it seemed to me that there are no gems sitting on the end of the bench. Nobody that warrants any playing time. Nobody that might be worth developing. Nobody that will help in the playoffs.

The deflating part is that Thanasis looks like he deserves rotation minutes ahead of all of the rookies.

I couldn't disagree more. Merrill is better than Forbes right now. It stinks he is always stuck playing PG with that unit. He'll be our backup 2 next year.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,476

Post#46 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Offensively, with Tucker out there it's like playing 4 on 5. Good to see others are realizing he's washed up. This isn't new, he was bad last year too.

Good thing the rest of the team is really really good.

He was acquired for 1 reason, as a means to hide the fact that they are ducking the tax. If the Bucks lose in the playoffs this year, it will almost assuredly be to a team paying the tax.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,700

Post#47 » by yannisk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Plossum wrote:
TD75 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Peak comedic value 8-) :lol:

Is Giannis Skip’s new Lebron?

Giannis and Luka. he has not decided yet
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#48 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Offensively, with Tucker out there it's like playing 4 on 5. Good to see others are realizing he's washed up. This isn't new, he was bad last year too.

Good thing the rest of the team is really really good.

He was acquired for 1 reason, as a means to hide the fact that they are ducking the tax. If the Bucks lose in the playoffs this year, it will almost assuredly be to a team paying the tax.

if we Iose in the pIayoffs it wiII not because we gave up dja and djw for an oId guy. avoiding the tax was fine. you dont win extra wins by spending more money unwiseIy
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#49 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:47 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:He was acquired for 1 reason, as a means to hide the fact that they are ducking the tax. If the Bucks lose in the playoffs this year, it will almost assuredly be to a team paying the tax.

And I would assure you if any of those teams could trade the equivalent of DJ Augustin and DJ Wilson while giving up virtually no draft stock to get out of the tax (and save money next season) they would.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,087

Post#50 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Let it fly! That was fun. Again, our nine man rotation is set. There is no need to tinker with the back end. Will cause more harm than good. If there is a deal to be made for a difference maker, make it. If not, just leave it alone. This team, as it stands, can win a title.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#51 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Commenter wrote:my sources tell me giannis and his entire family were out for a casual stroll Sunday evening in downtown MKE. no noticeable limp. he’ll be back soon.

He was dancing the entire night. If that game mattered, he would have played.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#52 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:tucker took 1 shot in 28 minutes and hasnt been that much of a defender. not even convinced hes better than pat out there defensiveiy. maybe with giannis on the fIoor and both our bigs off i couId see something working in the switch thing but hes horribIe fighting over screens chasing anything faster than Iopez. not feeIing him yet. stiII Ike the trade. Iove his expring and the cash it freed up this year and next for others

He looks straight up washed. Gotta give him some time, though. Hasn't played in awhile. What in the world are Bud and the medical staff doing letting PJ back onto the floor after watching him nearly break his foot off?
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#53 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:56 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Jrue showing what he can do when he's initiating offense.

I was absolutely giddy when the trade for Jrue was announced. But only watching him play a handful of times every season, he still continues to surprise. Early on it was his ability to finish with the left. He actually prefers it to his right when he's around the hoop. I knew he was good, but not that good. Lately its the ground he covers on that step back three. Its almost unguardable. Pay that man his money.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#54 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Probably the first time this year that the non-Giannis guys looked like the 2018-2020 team. Bud is still a miracle worker when it comes to maximizing role players. Hell of a game by Holiday. He finally looked like the player that you give up 3+ first round picks for. Just need to see more of it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#55 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:11 pm

That's the conundrum. Holiday looked so good because he initiated so much. With Giannis on the court his opportunities to dish and to shoot are minimized.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#56 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:12 pm

So did Aaron Holiday intentionally tank this game to lower his trade value, therefore making it easier for the Bucks to get him? Because that was an ugly performance.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#57 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:20 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:So did Aaron Holiday intentionally tank this game to lower his trade value, therefore making it easier for the Bucks to get him? Because that was an ugly performance.

Alternative theory: Aaron Holiday sucks.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,379

Post#58 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:26 pm

old skool wrote:Yes, it was garbage time, but it seemed to me that there are no gems sitting on the end of the bench. Nobody that warrants any playing time. Nobody that might be worth developing. Nobody that will help in the playoffs.

The deflating part is that Thanasis looks like he deserves rotation minutes ahead of all of the rookies.

There's literally nothing you can tell about garbage time except maybe if someone can hit a wide open shot. They are just running up and down the court in a free-for-all.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,895

Post#59 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Yep, Jrue was incredible. Bud's challenge is to give Jrue a bigger role in the offense. Let Giannis do his thing in transition, and let Jrue cook in the half court. The key is to keep the ball moving. Just handing the ball to Jrue in the 4th quarter to close won't get it done.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#60 » by emunney » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Bucks have never lost a game when Mamadi plays.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks