ImageImage

PG Celtics - Bucks Hang on for 8th Straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Re: PG Celtics - Bucks Hang on for 8th Straight 

Post#101 » by Chad34 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 am

aboveAverage wrote:Something needs to change with the offense down the stretch. There’s one fundamental problem. Middleton is our best scorer and requires the ball in his hands to be efficient. That relegates Jrue to the corner, where he’s crap. Jrue is also great when he has the ball in his hands. There’s not enough movement and creativity in Bud’s system and/or Middleton’s game to involve both guys. And then to top it off, there’s the problem of how to use Giannis. I fear that we’re going to see a lot of Middleton iso followed by Jrue iso in the playoffs, and that’s not going to work against great defenses.

I was wondering what it would look like if you traded middleton for someone like kemba. Yay or nay?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,887

Post#102 » by Plossum » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:35 am

Of all the serious teams this year we’re easily the worst at controlling games down the stretch. We quickly devolve into the clogged toilet and it’s grim. That game against the Clippers where we ran a solid play in the crunch to get Giannis a dunk is unfortunately an exception to our otherwise grim play style to close tight games.
#LockUpChuck
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#103 » by skones » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 am

Chad34 wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:Something needs to change with the offense down the stretch. There’s one fundamental problem. Middleton is our best scorer and requires the ball in his hands to be efficient. That relegates Jrue to the corner, where he’s crap. Jrue is also great when he has the ball in his hands. There’s not enough movement and creativity in Bud’s system and/or Middleton’s game to involve both guys. And then to top it off, there’s the problem of how to use Giannis. I fear that we’re going to see a lot of Middleton iso followed by Jrue iso in the playoffs, and that’s not going to work against great defenses.

I was wondering what it would look like if you traded middleton for someone like kemba. Yay or nay?

Good god no. Kemba Walker has not been good this season. He's hard negative value right now. Middleton is not.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#104 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:47 am

We showed some growth during this win streak in terms of making clutch plays to close out a game....

We reverted back to our **** selves on how to lose a close game, but still won thankfully.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#105 » by Prez » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:07 am

Chad34 wrote:

It would look really really bad lol. I take it you have not been following the Kemba situation over the past year haha.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#106 » by Chad34 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:08 am

Prez wrote:
Chad34 wrote:

It would look really really bad lol. I take it you have not been following the Kemba situation over the past year haha.

not really, I just watch mostly Bucks games :D
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#107 » by KidA24 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 am

BigO wrote:The defense gave up another game of 48% shooting and over 40% on threes. The Bucks win when the offense does its thing. The defense is really poor. All the Celtics had to do was set their high screen and their guy was open every time, because the other defender just drops down. The fourth quarter was open shot after open shot. The Bucks have to rely on big scoring nights to win. Can't rely on defense, despite having really good individual defenders.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#108 » by CJTURT » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 am

skones wrote:
Chad34 wrote:

Good god no. Kemba Walker has not been good this season. He's hard negative value right now. Middleton is not.

Midds is a top 25 player right now. He definitely needs to be here.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,497

Post#109 » by old skool » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:23 am

The win feels like a loss. Especially because the Bucks three best players kind of imploded in the fourth quarter.

The Bucks were out scored in the fourth quarter by 12 points, 33-21.

Boston shot slightly better from the field in the fourth:
BOS 10 of 22, 45.5% FGA%
MIL 8 of 19, 42.1% FGA%

Boston shot better from 3 point range:
BOS 6 of 12, 50.0% 3FGA%
MIL 2 of 9, 22.2% 3FGA%

Boston was better from the FT line:
BOS 7 of 7, 100% FT%
MIL 3 of 4, 75% FT%

Milwaukee was better rebounding:
BOS 7
MIL 11

But the killer was turnovers:
Bos 0 Zip Nada Zilch
MIL 6 (Middleton 3, Giannis 2, Holiday 1)

I felt that the Bucks were trying to milk the clock for much of the fourth period and ended up forcing passes when the shot clock ran down. The troubling issue was that it was their three best players losing the ball when the pressure was on. Both teams had about 32 possessions in that fourth quarter, with the Bucks giving up the ball almost 20% of the time. The turnovers more than negated the Bucks rebounding advantage and the Celtics executed their offense more efficiently shooting 50% from the arc. Teams can be hot or cold shooting the ball, but there is no reason to be so sloppy handling the ball. That was disheartening.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#110 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:11 am

Well we just leapgfrogged the Nyets in the standings, which is better than a kick in the teeth
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#111 » by Perseus1966 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 am

We beat Cektics ,Doris ,Bad Luck and Marc Davis ,its not a win but a Herculean task
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#112 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 am

Donte with the STFU Jragon game and I will gladly. Hope he keeps it up; it's almost like he could hear Pat C and PJ stomping behind him to take his starting spot unless he starts doing Tyler Herro type sh#t so he did.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#113 » by skones » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 am

-Jragon- wrote:Donte with the STFU Jragon game and I will gladly. Hope he keeps it up; it's almost like he could hear Pat C and PJ stomping behind him to take his starting spot unless he starts doing Tyler Herro type sh#t so he did.

Source on Donte having bat-like echolocation?????
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#114 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 am

Totally get that Giannis didn't want one of those dickbags undercutting him and his sore knee and took an easy game in what should have been an easy win. Liked Tucker for just being a smart dude, sucks Whiter Donte didn't banish Forbes.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#115 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:10 am

Donte is so good im having a hard time processing it all.

He just wins in whatever the tream needs.

Tonight he hit 5/6 3s for 83% in all 17pts.

Last game he had 13 rebounds.

He also makes a ton of winning plays. I think he's been an important factor in this winning streak.

Tonight he got a block with 35 seconds left. That stopped the Celtics from tying the game.

A few weeks ago he took a charge with 5 seconds to close out a game.

He forced Dwight Howard into an illegal screen in a clutch moment a few games ago and has timely threes when needed. Grabs lose balls, steals, defense. He just makes winning plays all over the place.

He's at 37% from three so far and BB is at 34.5% this season.

Don't mean to compare the two, because DDV does so much more than hit the 3, and even that he's doing better than BB.

Donte's winning plays aren't as sexy as a game winning 3, but they are truly impactful and he's been a big part of this winning streak and he's truly contributing in whatever capacity his team needs on a given night.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,881

Post#116 » by Fotis St » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:19 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Without Merrill’s 3 points we lose.

So this is my 3pt RealGM post here.

I have seen this Boston entry pass before. I remember Brook sleeping again searching for Ghosts that are cutting the paint, while the ball just flies behind his neck to that corner 3. I think Brook is truly a comedian... he just plays basketball for money.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#117 » by LikeABosh » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:20 am

Chad34 wrote:

Ew
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,235

Post#118 » by Sigra » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:34 am

We are in fight for best regular season record again. So win is a win. Jazz slowed down and Sixers are without Embiid. We have real chance to have best regular season again.

In the history of NBA there was no case of team having best regular season record 3 years in the row without winning championship.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,235

Post#119 » by Sigra » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 am

having best regular season record 3 years in the row is such a rare thing.

Russell Celtics had 9 in the row (from 1957 to 1965)

then 3 in the row:
Wilt Sixers (1966-1968)
Bird Celtics (1980-1982) and then again (1984-1986)
Jordan Bulls (1996-1998)
Curry Warriors (2015-2017)

thats all
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#120 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:56 am

HKPackFan wrote:Donte is so good im having a hard time processing it all.

He just wins in whatever the tream needs.

Tonight he hit 5/6 3s for 83% in all 17pts.

Last game he had 13 rebounds.

He also makes a ton of winning plays. I think he's been an important factor in this winning streak.

Tonight he got a block with 35 seconds left. That stopped the Celtics from tying the game.

A few weeks ago he took a charge with 5 seconds to close out a game.

He forced Dwight Howard into an illegal screen in a clutch moment a few games ago and has timely threes when needed. Grabs lose balls, steals, defense. He just makes winning plays all over the place.

He's at 37% from three so far and BB is at 34.5% this season.

Don't mean to compare the two, because DDV does so much more than hit the 3, and even that he's doing better than BB.

Donte's winning plays aren't as sexy as a game winning 3, but they are truly impactful and he's been a big part of this winning streak and he's truly contributing in whatever capacity his team needs on a given night.

It's almost like the team being consistently way better with him on court isn't a fluke!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks