ImageImage

PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 20,203
And1: 7,782
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#41 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:35 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:The importance of Jrue's ability to pick up the slack for Giannis and Khris and adeptly take on primary play-making duties cannot be overstated.


He is also been really good at working the baseline off ball.
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,466
And1: 4,365
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#42 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:59 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Cooleyo47 wrote:The importance of Jrue's ability to pick up the slack for Giannis and Khris and adeptly take on primary play-making duties cannot be overstated.


He is also been really good at working the baseline off ball.


Love when Jrue takes a guard into the post and moves him wherever he wants.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
Starter
Posts: 2,242
And1: 856
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#43 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:41 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Touchpass wrote:
jschligs wrote:Also, and this does deserve all caps...

GIANNIS IS SHOOTING 75% FROM THE LINE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY!


New routine seems to be working for him. Wonder if it holds up in the playoffs if crowds are bigger. It’s so damn long for a average FT shooter to be thinking about it. Would they let a average player get away with how long it takes?


Yeah, I think good teams are just going to wait until the playoffs to mention it and then they will bitch about it. He will get called for some delays and have to shorten up his routine mid playoffs, or that is my big worry.

I've said it before, but whoever gave him the idea to have a 15 second shooting routine for each free throw deserves to be out of basketball coaching for eternity.


Agreed. 2-3 dribbles should be fine, that shyt looks like he's getting ready to do a dance. I want to see if he can adjust and not let it bother him in the playoffs when other teams whine about the long routine.
CharityStripe34
Starter
Posts: 2,242
And1: 856
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#44 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:43 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:The importance of Jrue's ability to pick up the slack for Giannis and Khris and adeptly take on primary play-making duties cannot be overstated.


Khris may be an elite shooter but I think Jrue is a better basketball player. In my mind, he's really the #2 of the team.
Perseus1966
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,340
And1: 514
Joined: Nov 29, 2018
   

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#45 » by Perseus1966 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:01 pm

TD75 wrote:I think Giannis telling the ref not to give him the ball for a few seconds in order to catch his breath in the free throw line is fine and teams will not be able to disrupt this, even in the playoffs. Otherwise, Giannis can take an even longer time to simply go to the line and effectively catch his breath just fine.

What is a problem is the time he takes to take a free throw once he has the ball in his hands. I believe that this is going to be an issue during playoffs. I have no idea why whoever is coaching him on his free throws routine thinks this is a good idea.

they started to comment that he is taking 13 sec to shot the ball.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 20,203
And1: 7,782
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#46 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:45 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Touchpass wrote:
New routine seems to be working for him. Wonder if it holds up in the playoffs if crowds are bigger. It’s so damn long for a average FT shooter to be thinking about it. Would they let a average player get away with how long it takes?


Yeah, I think good teams are just going to wait until the playoffs to mention it and then they will bitch about it. He will get called for some delays and have to shorten up his routine mid playoffs, or that is my big worry.

I've said it before, but whoever gave him the idea to have a 15 second shooting routine for each free throw deserves to be out of basketball coaching for eternity.


Agreed. 2-3 dribbles should be fine, that shyt looks like he's getting ready to do a dance. I want to see if he can adjust and not let it bother him in the playoffs when other teams whine about the long routine.


Good news is that when he goes to the line whenever we get to go back to games, I can take a piss and buy a beer and get back and not miss anything.
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 20,203
And1: 7,782
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#47 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:47 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:
TD75 wrote:I think Giannis telling the ref not to give him the ball for a few seconds in order to catch his breath in the free throw line is fine and teams will not be able to disrupt this, even in the playoffs. Otherwise, Giannis can take an even longer time to simply go to the line and effectively catch his breath just fine.

What is a problem is the time he takes to take a free throw once he has the ball in his hands. I believe that this is going to be an issue during playoffs. I have no idea why whoever is coaching him on his free throws routine thinks this is a good idea.

they started to comment that he is taking 13 sec to shot the ball.


I think I have the game recorded, I will go back with a stop watch and actually measure how long he took from when he stepped to the line, to when he got the ball, to when he released the shot. Will report back with findings.
Touchpass
Rookie
Posts: 1,146
And1: 208
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Location: Blow it up.

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#48 » by Touchpass » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:00 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:
TD75 wrote:I think Giannis telling the ref not to give him the ball for a few seconds in order to catch his breath in the free throw line is fine and teams will not be able to disrupt this, even in the playoffs. Otherwise, Giannis can take an even longer time to simply go to the line and effectively catch his breath just fine.

What is a problem is the time he takes to take a free throw once he has the ball in his hands. I believe that this is going to be an issue during playoffs. I have no idea why whoever is coaching him on his free throws routine thinks this is a good idea.

they started to comment that he is taking 13 sec to shot the ball.

Giannis is the only player I can think of that stops the ref from giving him the ball and then does a 10+ second routine. Getting comfortable with a 25-30 second routine may be a problem if he has to change it, especially in the playoffs.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 44,526
And1: 18,983
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#49 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:53 pm

Perseus1966 wrote:
TD75 wrote:I think Giannis telling the ref not to give him the ball for a few seconds in order to catch his breath in the free throw line is fine and teams will not be able to disrupt this, even in the playoffs. Otherwise, Giannis can take an even longer time to simply go to the line and effectively catch his breath just fine.

What is a problem is the time he takes to take a free throw once he has the ball in his hands. I believe that this is going to be an issue during playoffs. I have no idea why whoever is coaching him on his free throws routine thinks this is a good idea.

they started to comment that he is taking 13 sec to shot the ball.


That was on the Clippers broadcast. They were getting really antsy about it. Expect Stotts to be on it in Portland. Will definitely be a thing in the playoffs.
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
PintSizedBox10
Veteran
Posts: 2,864
And1: 1,081
Joined: Mar 31, 2019
   

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#50 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:42 am

It's always good to beat LA because I can't stand their fans.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
old skool
Head Coach
Posts: 6,243
And1: 1,782
Joined: Jul 07, 2005
Location: Chi

Re: PG Lakers - Bucks Cruise 

Post#51 » by old skool » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:46 am

Wait .... those three Antetokounmpo guys are related?

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks