ImageImage

PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CharityStripe34
Starter
Posts: 2,240
And1: 856
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#41 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:18 pm

Jrue emerging as the #2 is an interesting development. I think he is. He’s more well rounded of a player than Khris. He’s been excellent.
ShootingtheJ
Starter
Posts: 2,333
And1: 1,128
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#42 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:31 pm

M-C-G wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:It was also nice to see Nwora get some regular minutes.

I hope bud gives Nwora or Merrill a chance to break into the rotation.


Someone made a point that Nwora has no idea where to be on defense. It showed and Bud looked ready to send him home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


After Bud let loose on him for gambling for a steal, Nwora locked in, covered his assignments, hustled his butt off, and gave a few real good minutes.

His length and quick hands give him a chance to be a passable defender.
SKG
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,593
And1: 672
Joined: Dec 22, 2016

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#43 » by SKG » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:50 pm

If this year doesnt work, the team needs to pack khris bags and see what we could get
ShootingtheJ
Starter
Posts: 2,333
And1: 1,128
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#44 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:57 pm

SKG wrote:If this year doesnt work, the team needs to pack khris bags and see what we could get


It will be important to first find out why this year didn't work.
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 20,202
And1: 7,782
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#45 » by M-C-G » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:58 pm

Sigra wrote:very happy with this win. Jrue is my new favorite player. Kukoc then Bogut and now Jrue. thats all.


Adding even the Bucks version of Toni Kukoc to this team would complete it. Other than Luka who is out there that should be on our radar? Who would that be? Kyle Anderson?
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 20,202
And1: 7,782
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#46 » by M-C-G » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:00 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:It was also nice to see Nwora get some regular minutes.

I hope bud gives Nwora or Merrill a chance to break into the rotation.


Someone made a point that Nwora has no idea where to be on defense. It showed and Bud looked ready to send him home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


After Bud let loose on him for gambling for a steal, Nwora locked in, covered his assignments, hustled his butt off, and gave a few real good minutes.

His length and quick hands give him a chance to be a passable defender.


Yeah, could be, I just noticed a few times and it was like he was completely out of the defense, like wrong side of the court out of the defense. Then hits that three and Bud was right in his grill. I think there is something there for sure, just not sure it is something this season, but let's see.
ShootingtheJ
Starter
Posts: 2,333
And1: 1,128
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#47 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:37 pm

I think the Kings made a huge mistake not cashing in on Harrison Barnes when they could. He still sucks.
User avatar
Frank Nova
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,874
And1: 1,359
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
Location: Shootin’ dice with Larry Bird in Barcelona
       

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#48 » by Frank Nova » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:45 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
SKG wrote:If this year doesnt work, the team needs to pack khris bags and see what we could get


It will be important to first find out why this year didn't work.


Lol. The entire free world knows why this year isn’t going to work. I’ll give you a hint; the Houston Rockets are a joke...
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24
User avatar
GoldenAntlers
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,332
And1: 1,478
Joined: Feb 13, 2013
 

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#49 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Image
I hope we will be seeing this gif everyday from now on.
#FreeChuckDiesel
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
4xBuck
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,683
And1: 365
Joined: Sep 07, 2009

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#50 » by 4xBuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:17 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:After Bud let loose on him for gambling for a steal, Nwora locked in, covered his assignments, hustled his butt off, and gave a few real good minutes.

His length and quick hands give him a chance to be a passable defender.

Yeah, could be, I just noticed a few times and it was like he was completely out of the defense, like wrong side of the court out of the defense. Then hits that three and Bud was right in his grill. I think there is something there for sure, just not sure it is something this season, but let's see.


He has defensive talent. He was a solid defensive player in college and a good rebounder. He wasn't someone who was totally clueless, like Jabari Parker. He just needs to learn how to play defense in the NBA... I also really like how he responded to Bud's coaching. He was out of control on D, Bud yapped at him, he settled down and was much better. That one steal was some good stuff.
ShootingtheJ
Starter
Posts: 2,333
And1: 1,128
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#51 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:25 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
SKG wrote:If this year doesnt work, the team needs to pack khris bags and see what we could get


It will be important to first find out why this year didn't work.


Lol. The entire free world knows why this year isn’t going to work. I’ll give you a hint; the Houston Rockets are a joke...



Lol, I think it's funny people are anointing a bad defensive Brooklyn team because they've overpowered some scrubs lately. When the last time they've even played a decent team? When they got blown out by the Mavs?

However, that's not even the point. If we lose to Brooklyn, the question is, why? Where do we need to get better?

We actually match up really well with Brooklyn, from Jrue defending Harden, to being able to hide Forbes on Bruce Brown.
HKPackFan
General Manager
Posts: 9,927
And1: 5,691
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#52 » by HKPackFan » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:15 pm

4xBuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:After Bud let loose on him for gambling for a steal, Nwora locked in, covered his assignments, hustled his butt off, and gave a few real good minutes.

His length and quick hands give him a chance to be a passable defender.

Yeah, could be, I just noticed a few times and it was like he was completely out of the defense, like wrong side of the court out of the defense. Then hits that three and Bud was right in his grill. I think there is something there for sure, just not sure it is something this season, but let's see.


He has defensive talent. He was a solid defensive player in college and a good rebounder. He wasn't someone who was totally clueless, like Jabari Parker. He just needs to learn how to play defense in the NBA... I also really like how he responded to Bud's coaching. He was out of control on D, Bud yapped at him, he settled down and was much better. That one steal was some good stuff.



Bud told him off.... Oh man, that was a really pissed off, "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Angry dad face.

I was like... Damn..I'd hate to be his kid and get that face.


To Nwora credit, he was giving 100% on D after that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
theFireBlanket
General Manager
Posts: 7,593
And1: 1,813
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#53 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:17 pm

Prez wrote:Since Jrue took his starting spot back coming off COVID he’s at 21/5/6 on 54/44/90 shooting and we are 10-2

He’s doing something similar to what Jimmy did in Minnesota, spent the first 20 games or so just trying to fit in, but at a certain point it all clicked and he just took **** over. COVID derailed Jrue’s season so it came a bit later on but it’s happening now.

If there wasn’t a freaking juggernaut in Brooklyn I’d feel pretty good about our title chances.


Image
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.


f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,172
And1: 7,035
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#54 » by sidney lanier » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:31 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Sigra wrote:very happy with this win. Jrue is my new favorite player. Kukoc then Bogut and now Jrue. thats all.


Adding even the Bucks version of Toni Kukoc to this team would complete it. Other than Luka who is out there that should be on our radar? Who would that be? Kyle Anderson?


Image

There used to be a poster on this or one of the earlier Bucks sites who frequently mentioned Bobby Jones (pictured above) of the early 1980s Sixers as the paradigm of that Kukoc-type glue guy -- the subtle enabler, timely play maker, loose ball getter, turn-the-tide type guy. Jones approached that role more from the defensive side, while Kukoc was more about offensive facilitation, but both were difference makers.

For the Bucks, I think of Scott Williams and Jared Dudley, and of course Kukoc himself (although he was well past his peak for his Bucks stint) as filling, or potentially filling, that role during their time here.

Now? Portis could be that guy, or Tucker, or even Teague. I don't think we need to look elsewhere for our Bobby Jones if the Bobby (Portis) already on the roster plays in the playoffs the way he did last night.
Two points in [our government] our people have already settled--the successful establishing and the successful administering of it. One still remains--its successful maintenance against a formidable internal attempt to overthrow it. -- A. Lincoln
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 56,889
And1: 17,252
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#55 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:34 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Now? Portis could be that guy, or Tucker, or even Teague. I don't think we need to look elsewhere for our Bobby Jones if the Bobby (Portis) already on the roster plays in the playoffs the way he did last night.


Can't go there with you Sid. Bobby Jones was a HOF player, known for his defense. I think we just need Tucker to be our Scott Williams and we'll be good.

Portis has to fill the Robert Horry role.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,172
And1: 7,035
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#56 » by sidney lanier » Sun Apr 4, 2021 6:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Now? Portis could be that guy, or Tucker, or even Teague. I don't think we need to look elsewhere for our Bobby Jones if the Bobby (Portis) already on the roster plays in the playoffs the way he did last night.


Can't go there with you Sid. Bobby Jones was a HOF player, known for his defense. I think we just need Tucker to be our Scott Williams and we'll be good.

Portis has to fill the Robert Horry role.


Big Shot Bobby? I like it.
Two points in [our government] our people have already settled--the successful establishing and the successful administering of it. One still remains--its successful maintenance against a formidable internal attempt to overthrow it. -- A. Lincoln
raysbookclub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,055
And1: 757
Joined: Jan 26, 2008
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#57 » by raysbookclub » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:04 pm

Brook looked fine yesterday, great game actually. I didn’t watch games this year til more recently, but seeing complaints here makes me think he wasn’t playing well earlier. Maybe he’s rounding into shape with not much of an off-season and the early part of the season being preseason basically this year.
User avatar
-Jragon-
Veteran
Posts: 2,786
And1: 334
Joined: Nov 07, 2005
Location: It's my year
Contact:
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#58 » by -Jragon- » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Now? Portis could be that guy, or Tucker, or even Teague. I don't think we need to look elsewhere for our Bobby Jones if the Bobby (Portis) already on the roster plays in the playoffs the way he did last night.


Can't go there with you Sid. Bobby Jones was a HOF player, known for his defense. I think we just need Tucker to be our Scott Williams and we'll be good.

Portis has to fill the Robert Horry role.


I like how you guys are mentioning Tucker even though he only played 2 games. My brother and I looked at each other a few times during the game last night because Middleton actually slid in front of someone on time and under control forcing a pass. Knowing Tucker is a vocal presence, that trade can pay off exponentially if he's having ANY effect on improving the defense of rotation guys specifically Middleton and Forbes
User avatar
Sigra
RealGM
Posts: 14,483
And1: 491
Joined: Sep 08, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
     

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#59 » by Sigra » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:29 pm

sidney lanier wrote:and of course Kukoc himself (although he was well past his peak for his Bucks stint)


funny thing is: Toni was past his peak in his first NBA season. in Europe he was this Jrue that we saw last night. dominant player at defense who could defend all 5 positions and at offense can do whatever he wants. but before his first nba season someone (manager or Bulls) told him that he needs to add weight for nba. and je did. he was never same again. he had solid nba career but he had God talent before that addition of weight.

now, maybe he did need weight in that 90's nba. but he would not need weight in today nba. its such a shame. he was born 30 years too early.
2008-09 Cavs best in reg.season-lost EC finals-LeBron (age 24) MVP
2009-10 Cavs best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-LeBron MVP
2018-19 Bucks best in reg.season-lost EC finals-Giannis (age 24) MVP
2019-20 Bucks best in reg.season-lost 2nd round-Giannis MVP
User avatar
Jez2983
RealGM
Posts: 16,015
And1: 5,612
Joined: Dec 10, 2006
Location: #team56.4%eFG
   

Re: PG Kings: Bucks Hold on For 3rd Straight 

Post#60 » by Jez2983 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:12 pm

Sigra wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:and of course Kukoc himself (although he was well past his peak for his Bucks stint)


funny thing is: Toni was past his peak in his first NBA season. in Europe he was this Jrue that we saw last night. dominant player at defense who could defend all 5 positions and at offense can do whatever he wants. but before his first nba season someone (manager or Bulls) told him that he needs to add weight for nba. and je did. he was never same again. he had solid nba career but he had God talent before that addition of weight.

now, maybe he did need weight in that 90's nba. but he would not need weight in today nba. its such a shame. he was born 30 years too early.


Now imagine AK-47 as a small ball C.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks