ImageImage

PG Warriors: Bucks Choke

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
RogerMurdock
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,797
And1: 3,278
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
Location: Dragging Walton & Lanier up and down the court
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#141 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.


Way off! After sleeping on it, I realized the Bucks ALLOWED too many points to the Warriors.


You say tomato, I say potato.
TD75
Head Coach
Posts: 7,275
And1: 5,231
Joined: Jan 30, 2018

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#142 » by TD75 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:31 pm

I would say that there is value in losses and that they allow you to adapt and become better, but we all know better.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
Neuromancer56
Sophomore
Posts: 114
And1: 69
Joined: Apr 12, 2019
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#143 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.
InGiannisITrust
Ballboy
Posts: 34
And1: 6
Joined: Feb 02, 2019

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#144 » by InGiannisITrust » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:01 pm

This might be Jeff teagues best game of the year and we wasted it in a loss.

Also we expanded a lot of energy in the game, hard to see us winning in Dallas after that.
User avatar
mke_design
Analyst
Posts: 3,287
And1: 1,806
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#145 » by mke_design » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:07 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.


I’m guessing it’s a combination of both. But saving a super vet like Tucker isn’t a bad idea.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 56,889
And1: 17,252
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#146 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:11 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.


Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 27,903
And1: 10,617
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#147 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just don't want to see Khris handling the ball down the stretch. I just don't understand what Bud sees in him that compels him to have him run the offense. Let Teague or Jrue handle it. Let Khris come off of screens and make plays off the ball.


He's one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. Who else is there after Giannis, Jrue and now maybe Teague in spurts. You just have to deal with his sloppy handles.

Think the bigger thing is that he does tend seem asleep at the switch out there many times. We've all observed it over these many years.


I don't see the value of having him point in order to create his own shot. Put him in the post and feed it to him there. Put him in a position where he isn't dribbling through traffic in order to shoot.
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 27,903
And1: 10,617
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#148 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just don't want to see Khris handling the ball down the stretch. I just don't understand what Bud sees in him that compels him to have him run the offense. Let Teague or Jrue handle it. Let Khris come off of screens and make plays off the ball.


He's one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. Who else is there after Giannis, Jrue and now maybe Teague in spurts. You just have to deal with his sloppy handles.

Think the bigger thing is that he does tend seem asleep at the switch out there many times. We've all observed it over these many years.


I don't see the value of having him point in order to create his own shot. Put him in the post and feed it to him there. Put him in a position where he isn't dribbling through traffic in order to shoot.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 51,971
And1: 23,585
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#149 » by emunney » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.


Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.


Feel the same way about Giannis tbh
tydett
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,663
And1: 3,838
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#150 » by tydett » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:39 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just don't want to see Khris handling the ball down the stretch. I just don't understand what Bud sees in him that compels him to have him run the offense. Let Teague or Jrue handle it. Let Khris come off of screens and make plays off the ball.


He's one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. Who else is there after Giannis, Jrue and now maybe Teague in spurts. You just have to deal with his sloppy handles.

Think the bigger thing is that he does tend seem asleep at the switch out there many times. We've all observed it over these many years.


I don't see the value of having him point in order to create his own shot. Put him in the post and feed it to him there. Put him in a position where he isn't dribbling through traffic in order to shoot.


Khris almost never struggles when he's dribbling to find a better shot for himself. It's when he tries to playmake and direct traffic that he bounces the ball off his foot or loses his dribble. Leave that to the guards and Giannis (and really, just to the Jrue, please) and be a Klay clone.
chonestown
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,393
And1: 6,395
Joined: Mar 13, 2010
Location: #firechones

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#151 » by chonestown » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:01 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.


Reminds of a line from the HBO prestige program "The Wired," and it goes: "Execute or be executed."

I know a bunch of you stand for Old Mar but true heads know the best character was Prostitution Joe.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake
tydett
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,663
And1: 3,838
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#152 » by tydett » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:10 pm

chonestown wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.


Reminds of a line from the HBO prestige program "The Wired," and it goes: "Execute or be executed."

I know a bunch of you stand for Old Mar but true heads know the best character was Prostitution Joe.


Is that the one with the line "If you aim for the monarch, you better have really good aim because you don't want to take the shot and not hit him"?
User avatar
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,204
And1: 3,834
Joined: Jan 04, 2012
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#153 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:19 pm

chonestown wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.


Reminds of a line from the HBO prestige program "The Wired," and it goes: "Execute or be executed."

I know a bunch of you stand for Old Mar but true heads know the best character was Prostitution Joe.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp.
Free Chuck Diesel
User avatar
FrieAaron
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 3,159
Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#154 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:48 pm

Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,670
And1: 6,821
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#155 » by crkone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:27 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.
I think it was actually a 5 second back to the basket call. A violation that's never called and in this instance wasn't even 5 seconds. Oh and it's not non-reviewable too.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
Neuromancer56
Sophomore
Posts: 114
And1: 69
Joined: Apr 12, 2019
     

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#156 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:58 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.


Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.


Feel the same way about Giannis tbh
If that's the case then are some of the rash of injuries to superstars just about resting them for the playoffs and preventing injuries? This year has been crazy.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 51,971
And1: 23,585
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#157 » by emunney » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:19 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.


Feel the same way about Giannis tbh
If that's the case then are some of the rash of injuries to superstars just about resting them for the playoffs and preventing injuries? This year has been crazy.


I think the injuries are real but teams are taking rehab more cautiously than they would typically due to the hyper-compressed back half schedule.

And you're damn right about this year. When was the last year you remember that had two **** Marches.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 44,520
And1: 18,980
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#158 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:17 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.


Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.


Feel the same way about Giannis tbh


The 4 games against Sixers/Nets could change things but we're pretty much locked into the 3rd seed. Would make sense to get everyone healthy over playing them just to play them. Will just need to ramp things up closer to round 1 and hope we don't draw the Heat.
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,932
And1: 1,857
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#159 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:21 pm

mkegb wrote:Middleton sucks when it matters.
And he always has.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 44,520
And1: 18,980
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#160 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:22 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.


Can't believe Bud didn't challenge any of the iffy calls down the stretch.
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks