Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,434

Re: PG: Bucks Lose MACC Fund Game to Charlotte 

Post#61 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:09 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote: I'd certainly want home court against whichever one of them isn't #1.

TBH I'm not even sure what I want. The experience of that second last game in the Raptors series, where the crowd was frozen way before the game was finished was traumatic to watch.

Well sure HCA isn't an automatic series win as you pointed out. But I'd still rather have it than not. Sixers are 20-5 at home, 15-12 on the road. We're 18-8 at home (with 2 give away losses) and 14-12 on the road.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#62 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:32 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote: I'd certainly want home court against whichever one of them isn't #1.

TBH I'm not even sure what I want. The experience of that second last game in the Raptors series, where the crowd was frozen way before the game was finished was traumatic to watch.

Well sure HCA isn't an automatic series win as you pointed out. But I'd still rather have it than not. Sixers are 20-5 at home, 15-12 on the road. We're 18-8 at home (with 2 give away losses) and 14-12 on the road.

The last time the #1 seed from the East went to the Finals was the 2015/16 Cavs.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#63 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 pm

I know that regular season games don’t matter that much in the long run, but throwing away multiple easily winnable home games is an affront to Bucks fans. Watching Bud’s schemes is already offensive enough, but this makes me really upset. No reason to bench all starters again.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#64 » by chonestown » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:33 pm

When Merrill helps double a post player in the pop-up zone, what you got is a ham and grill cheese.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#65 » by truly » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Haven't been able to watch the last few games,how has Teague been?Does he look like he could be anything close to what George Hill was?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#66 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I get resting players, making sure they're healthy etc. Especially with Giannis. But I don't get the apparent white flag when it comes to the 1 and 2 seeds. We have 2 home games with Sixers and 2 home games with the Nets. Embiid is always getting hurt, Nets have guys in and out of their lineup. Making up 3 games on one or both is/was certainly possible. I'd certainly want home court against whichever one of them isn't #1. Hell we have a bunch of teams behind us playing pretty well, before you know it we're scrambling to stay in the 3 spot.

Its like they love that "flying bellow radar" narrative too much. Or they dont want pressure they had last 2 years. Dont like that but we will see.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#67 » by BucksFanSD » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:02 pm

I wasn't able to watch due to the attention of my hometown team getting their first no hitter (finally...) yesterday. However, looks like Nwora is going to get serious minutes from some NBA team as he's scoring at ease when given the full opportunity.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#68 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:40 pm

truly wrote:Haven't been able to watch the last few games,how has Teague been?Does he look like he could be anything close to what George Hill was?

Better driver/creator, far more reluctant 3 point shooter. Not as much length defensively. Similar as a veteran calming presence. Terrific buyout pickup.

Doesn't say much for Stevens that Teague struggled there.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#69 » by emunney » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Wonka wrote:I mean...I know Sam is white, but he is 6-4. Probably closer to 6-5 and a professional athlete. He should be able to dunk lol

Not really the point. He never dunked in college. Zero dunks in four years.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#70 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:59 pm

emunney wrote:
Wonka wrote:I mean...I know Sam is white, but he is 6-4. Probably closer to 6-5 and a professional athlete. He should be able to dunk lol

Yes, and last night's dunk in traffic was impressive for any player. Never thought we'd see that from him. Also was impressed with his defensive pressure when Bud finally let them play man.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#71 » by Brewhoopfan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yes, and last night's dunk in traffic was impressive for any player. Never thought we'd see that from him. Also was impressed with his defensive pressure when Bud finally let them play man.

The zone was pathetic and gave them no chance.
What was the point? Why not really see what the young players can do in a real NBA game? As a fan, it was BS, and I wouldn't be surprised if the players feel the same.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#72 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

The zone was pathetic and gave them no chance.
What was the point? Why not really see what the young players can do in a real NBA game? As a fan, it was BS, and I wouldn't be surprised if the players feel the same.

Yeah, I get it when they're truly shorthanded, but they had 10 guys last night. At the very least, switch to man for the 4th quarter.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#73 » by randy84 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

I don't know if Brandon Jennings ever dunked.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#74 » by M-C-G » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:08 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
truly wrote:Haven't been able to watch the last few games,how has Teague been?Does he look like he could be anything close to what George Hill was?

Better driver/creator, far more reluctant 3 point shooter. Not as much length defensively. Similar as a veteran calming presence. Terrific buyout pickup.

Doesn't say much for Stevens that Teague struggled there.

I'm not sure what I expected with Teague, probably was expecting him to look cooked athletically. His quickness is still fantastic and I guess I somehow underrated his handle and ability to shake a guy. Very pleasant find and actually giving me pretty much exactly what I hoping we would get out of DJA.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Post#75 » by skones » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:TBH I'm not even sure what I want. The experience of that second last game in the Raptors series, where the crowd was frozen way before the game was finished was traumatic to watch.

The last time the #1 seed from the East went to the Finals was the 2015/16 Cavs.

Who cares? Home court is an advantage any way you slice it. It doesn't make sense to just not want it when it's obtainable.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#76 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 pm

I think Boston and Miami are not trying to win every game and I have a feeling they want us at the 1st Round of the Playoffs. So I don't mind if we are somewhat keeping our options as many as possible.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,434

Post#77 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 am

And the Nets got their ass kicked (with Durant and Irving) by the toothless Lakers tonight. #1 and #2 were wide open.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#78 » by DrWood » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:04 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
DrWood wrote:anyone know the truth on the Jrue injury? most places say bruised knee, but ESPN said fractured knee, which would be terrible.

Where are you seeing this?

It was in the box score for the last game.
. HolidayPG DNP-LEFT KNEE FRACTURE
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#79 » by DrWood » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:08 am

Fotis St wrote:

I mean ... I know Khris is black, but he is 6-7 probably closer to 6-8 and a professional athlete. He should be able to dunk too lol 8-)

according to basketball reference, he's dunked 7 times this year and 117 for his career.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#80 » by -Jragon- » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:05 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:TBH I'm not even sure what I want. The experience of that second last game in the Raptors series, where the crowd was frozen way before the game was finished was traumatic to watch.

Yes, and here's the other things. In years past we would be playing Giannis through discomfort to keep the 1st because we're scared we can't win 1 away game in a playoff series. Now in the playoffs you have a worn down Giannis. Furthermore; if Giannis was playing do we ever see player of the week alpha Jrue? Do we see all these Middleton end of game mistakes that hopefully everyone ilearning from? Last year winning by 20 we had the stars sitting the 4th and not working on late game execution. Now sitting all the starters and now it helps them be more fresh and hey let's see if any rookie is figuring stuff out and give Teague tons of reps back in this system.

Summarizing, when the playoffs come we have fresh Giannis, more alphas more different guys that are used to having the ball under pressure and we can be extra sure we have our rotation set/ready. I feel like Miami last year did a great job getting their rookie ready and having rotation guys ready to take big roles even though they lost a lot of games sitting guys. A deep playoff run is the goal, not #1 seed.

WTF are we expecting home field advantage to matter anyways? It only matters if we get to a game 7.. I don't want to need 7 games to beat any of these teams.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks