Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:19 pm

We'll start this off where the last one ended

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#2 » by mke_design » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

I truly do not care about Bogdan anymore. We know what happened, we know the NBA is bull, here we are.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#3 » by chonestown » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:29 pm

I'll be the first to say it and I'm brave enough to face the consequences in what will be said: a red flag surrounding Joe Johnson, which has gone overlooked, is his age.

His age being advanced and all is what I mean, for basket ball excellence is more easily attained by the young and the supple and the cleanly groomed.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,196

Post#4 » by Bucknado » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:58 pm

chonestown wrote:I'll be the first to say it and I'm brave enough to face the consequences in what will be said: a red flag surrounding Joe Johnson, which has gone overlooked, is his age.

His age being advanced and all is what I mean, for basket ball excellence is more easily attained by the young and the supple and the cleanly groomed.

Looks like the old man has held up pretty well in his years.

Read on Twitter
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,655

Post#5 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#6 » by blazza18 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 pm

mke_design wrote:I truly do not care about Bogdan anymore. We know what happened, we know the NBA is bull, here we are.

If Donte could just make layups I don't think anyone would give a **** about Bogdan.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,670

Post#7 » by chonestown » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Bucknado wrote:
chonestown wrote:I'll be the first to say it and I'm brave enough to face the consequences in what will be said: a red flag surrounding Joe Johnson, which has gone overlooked, is his age.

Read on Twitter

'Shopped.

Dude looks like Marcus Dupree right before he signed on with the Rams.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#8 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:19 am

Written in the stars
Go Bucks!
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#9 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:43 am

Bucknado wrote:

Read on Twitter

NBA comeback or Creed reboot?
#FreeChuckDiesel
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#10 » by crowhead76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:46 am

Can we just pretend for a little bit that they are considering adding prime Iso Joe to this roster.

Jrue/Teague
Johnson/DDV
Middleton/Pat
Giannis/Tucker
Lopez/Portis
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#11 » by raferfenix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Bogdan aside, Gery sure isn't carrying any water for Donte's agent.

Idk if it's fair to cite the Bogdan trade alone as evidence of serious concern about Donte, as the Bucks certainly could have just been high on Bogdan on the merits, and despite the warts Gery cites Donte has shown plenty of flashes this season of being a serious role player for years to come.

Gery asserting that the Bucks "will undoubtedly be looking to dump contracts" due to the luxury tax may or may not be true as well. That would probably have to be a Donte + Lopez kind of deal for a cost-controlled upgrade at the 2 or 5, alongside a plan to resign Portis or find another starter on the cheap some other way.

While DiVincenzo will be in the starting lineup the rest of the season, there’s already speculation whether he’ll be there next season. Or, for that matter, if he’ll be with the Bucks.

It’s amply apparent the Bucks brass has serious concerns about DiVincenzo’s abilities. If they didn’t, they would have never been so willing to package him for Bogdanovic.

More than a few NBA officials believe DiVincenzo, whom Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer wanted with the 17th overall pick in the 2018 draft, is more suited coming off the bench for a good team.

While extremely competitive, team-oriented and a hard worker, DiVincenzo has been wildly inconsistent on offense and has frequently had mental lapses on defense this season.

DiVincenzo is shooting 41 percent from the field – a subpar percentage for a shooting guard – and 73 percent from the line – again, a subpar percentage for a shooting guard.

Another factor that could come into play with DiVincenzo’s future with the Bucks is their impending salary cap issues. The Bucks will have serious salary cap issues for the next several seasons and will undoubtedly be looking to dump contracts to avoid paying a hefty luury tax. DiVincenzo is scheduled to make $4.675M next season.

https://woelfelspressbox.com/2021/04/botched-bogdanovic-looks-worse-by-the-game-for-bucks/
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#12 » by Isocleas2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Between Bogdon having a hot stretch and Gery's article I feel like the scab covering the botched trade has been ripped open and I'm pissed off all over again.

I can't believe no one was held accountable for that **** up.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,585

Post#13 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:37 pm

I don't think I've heard many of these lol.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#14 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:I can't believe no one was held accountable for that **** up.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I don't think I've heard many of these lol.

Have you even been to Wisconsin?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm

raferfenix wrote:Bogdan aside, Gery sure isn't carrying any water for Donte's agent.

The Donte situation is a great debate. I can absolutely see both sides here. He's a good player, but at the same time, if he's in your starting lineup, you probably will always be looking to replace him. And if he ends up commanding Luke Kennard money (4/$64) we've got to figure something else out IMHO.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#17 » by crowhead76 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:56 pm

What are the thoughts on swapping out Toupane for a guy like Zharie Smith on a 2-way?
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#18 » by emunney » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 pm

crowhead76 wrote:What are the thoughts on swapping out Toupane for a guy like Zharie Smith on a 2-way?

I don't know what's up with Smith but after his illness, he was on the Hustle roster but never suited up, so I don't think he'd serve any purpose here. I'd love to work him out and see what's what.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#19 » by Rstuedes24 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 pm

I like Donte, but if the team has thoughts about if he will be with the team long term we need to get some sort of respectable return for him. Even if it means doing something like a sign and trade when he looks at an extension. Cant lose talent for nothing.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#20 » by raferfenix » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Bogdan aside, Gery sure isn't carrying any water for Donte's agent.

The Donte situation is a great debate. I can absolutely see both sides here. He's a good player, but at the same time, if he's in your starting lineup, you probably will always be looking to replace him. And if he ends up commanding Luke Kennard money (4/$64) we've got to figure something else out IMHO.

Whether or not Donte has another level to take his game up to could determine his long term future here.

Agree that the Donte of today is a fine starter but would be much more valuable in an energy 6th man kind of role.

Either way I suspect that if the Bucks let him get to restricted free agency there will be a handful of teams willing to pay him Kennard money.

However it's an open question whether that'd be worth it for us vs what we could get for a Donte-based trade package.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks