Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#801 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Think we'd all take Masai as our number one choice.

But barring that, there is an interesting two-for opportunity out there to hire Donn Nelson and Carlisle.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#802 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
worthlessBucks wrote: Cupboard bare

This is why you need a crazed genius type guy to take over as GM, and sell the owners on an out of the box set of moves this summer. You really only have Mids and Jrue to work with in trades, and that will take some serious brain power.

Losing Donte, to what appears to be a torn achilles, is just the final nail in the asset coffin.

We have to start flipping players to fill up the cup board again. Sell high and buy low. Imo you definately listen to offers for Middleton & Lopez (not that his value is particularly high but it's only going to get lower) and you put your feelers out for players that are being sold low like CJ McCollum and possibly Zach LaVine on a grand scale (and a lot of other players on a lower scale).

There also needs to be changes in terms of roster construction. Giannis is a center imo and we should be looking to transition to that, wether that is now or a few years down the road. We should be looking for a starting level PJ Tucker type next to him. Someone who can take the tough bruiser assignments Giannis wants nothing to do with in the regular season, who can play team D and shoot the 3 (hopefully at a higher volume and clip than PJ) and who can set screens to free up our shooters.
Next, we should be looking to add a player that excels as a ball handler in the PnR. Arguably there aren't many players available with that skillset within our price range, but we should be looking nonetheless. Maybe there is such a player already on our roster (Jrue, Middleton) but if not besides the obvious targets like Lillard and Curry I'm mostly looking at CJ. He's someone who excels with the ball in his hands but lacks opportunity in Portland. Given his price tag, he's a decent option.
And then we need to change our playstyle. More screens, more player movement, more shooters (especially on the move), less ball stoppers like Lopez and Portis.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#803 » by emunney » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 pm

We should call Cleveland about Darius Garland.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#804 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:59 pm

emunney wrote:We should call Cleveland about Darius Garland.

Love, love, love him but how? Feel like they want youngish assets. Best way I can think to get a player for rebuilding assets is:

To MIL: Wiggins, player X
To GS: Middleton
To Team Y: #6, Wiseman

Now Cleveland probably has no interest in Wiseman as they're looking intent on paying Allen and there are reports they're looking to to trade Sexton over Garland, but this framework should work in general.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,881

Post#805 » by Fotis St » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Just hire Obradovic right now and as I have posted before ... have the balls to fire Bud even if we win the Championship.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#806 » by emunney » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Love, love, love him but how? Feel like they want youngish assets. Best way I can think to get a player for rebuilding assets is:

Now Cleveland probably has no interest in Wiseman as they're looking intent on paying Allen and there are reports they're looking to to trade Sexton over Garland, but this framework should work in general.

Take Love off their hands? Not sure how to make it work, just know he'd be a lot cheaper than the other guys who fit the mold of what I want (Steph, Dame).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#807 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm

LuessiT wrote:

There's been Love to Por for CJ type framed deals where maybe we can swoop in and get one of Garland/Sexton since why would Cle need 3 of the same type guy. I'd take either of Garland or Sexton and hope there is a Mitchell/Murray type leap to come from them. OF course, we'd actually have to run an offense that includes a PG and ball screens though.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#808 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:11 pm

emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Take Love off their hands? Not sure how to make it work, just know he'd be a lot cheaper than the other guys who fit the mold of what I want (Steph, Dame).

From what I've heard (which is like trade deadline old) Cleveland isn't willing to pay to get off Love. They thought they were securing an asset when they resigned him and they'd rather ride it out. He's probably a buyout candidate. I'm fine taking him btw, don't think it happens though.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#809 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 pm

How do you feel about #31, DDV & Brook for Fred VanVleet, which is getting discussed on the T&T board. VanVleet would be an additional floor spacer and add further toughness along with adding another ball handler.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#810 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:25 pm

LuessiT wrote:How do you feel about #31, DDV & Brook for Fred VanVleet, which is getting discussed on the T&T board. VanVleet would be an additional floor spacer and add further toughness along with adding another ball handler.
Sure but I'm not sure why Toronto would do that. Especially is Donte really does have an achilles tear.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#811 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm

LuessiT wrote:How do you feel about #31, DDV & Brook for Fred VanVleet, which is getting discussed on the T&T board. VanVleet would be an additional floor spacer and add further toughness along with adding another ball handler.

Doesn't excite me. But after trying a bunch of other avenues and striking out, I probably do it. We're very limited in our assets and finding this skillset to fit with Brook's contract as the trade centerpiece (and a team that would actually have a use for Brook) isn't easy.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#812 » by slos » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm

I'm thinking let Masai take that decision :roll:
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,655

Post#813 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:54 pm

Lol why do people think Donte has a torn achilles? He jogged/hopped off the court after the injury and it was announced he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his ankle. Jesus Christ.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#814 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Sure but I'm not sure why Toronto would do that. Especially is Donte really does have an achilles tear.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

They would do that cause they're about to resign Gary Trent Jr., they'll probably resign Lowry if they can and they're rebuilding. Brook would be going to a third team for additional assets, probably Charlotte or Boston. It's not my suggestion, I just found it interesting cause he's certainly not a target I had on my mind.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,947

Post#815 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 pm

I really don't think it's enough, but I would do it in a nanosecond. Love FVV, he'd have the biggest set of gonads on the team by a mile.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#816 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

I really don't think it's enough, but I would do it in a nanosecond. Love FVV, he'd have the biggest set of gonads on the team by a mile.

Not my suggestion so I'm not going super deep into value debates. Some are saying Boston would send #16 and TT for Lopez so the pick could be heading to Toronto. Alternatively 2 2nds and cap relief via Charlotte.

I'm generally surprised how high other teams' fans are valueing Lopez. Leads me to believe even more that we should sell, regardless of the season outcome. If he's just sitting behind the line shooting 3's and setting screens, we might as well get a smaller guy in his stead that is an actual threat from 3 and not a liability on the perimeter.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#817 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm

LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Not my suggestion so I'm not going super deep into value debates. Some are saying Boston would send #16 and TT for Lopez so the pick could be heading to Toronto. Alternatively 2 2nds and cap relief via Charlotte.

I'm generally surprised how high other teams' fans are valueing Lopez. Leads me to believe even more that we should sell, regardless of the season outcome. If he's just sitting behind the line shooting 3's and setting screens, we might as well get a smaller guy in his stead that is an actual threat from 3 and not a liability on the perimeter.

A mid 1st and neutral filler is quite good for Brook too. I hope that is close to correct!
#FreeChuckDiesel
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#818 » by LuessiT » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:31 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I really don't think it's enough, but I would do it in a nanosecond. Love FVV, he'd have the biggest set of gonads on the team by a mile.

A mid 1st and neutral filler is quite good for Brook too. I hope that is close to correct!

Not sure if TT is neutral (even if expiring) but yeah it's good.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#819 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:20 am

DingleJerry wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

There's been Love to Por for CJ type framed deals where maybe we can swoop in and get one of Garland/Sexton since why would Cle need 3 of the same type guy. I'd take either of Garland or Sexton and hope there is a Mitchell/Murray type leap to come from them. OF course, we'd actually have to run an offense that includes a PG and ball screens though.

If golden state were willing to give #6 and Wiseman in exchange for Middleton and having to take on Wiggins I’d just take the swing without a third team.
Do it for Chuck
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#820 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:50 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

If golden state were willing to give #6 and Wiseman in exchange for Middleton and having to take on Wiggins I’d just take the swing without a third team.

But Wiseman is not very good, and might be okay, but not for awhile.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks