ImageImage

PG Minny: Bucks Cruise

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Re: PG Minny: Bucks Cruise 

Post#21 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 am

What a weird game. It was surreal to watch, as it just didn't feel like a regular season game. MIddle of the week, early in the day. Not great for fans.
Circling calendars since 2021
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,510

Post#22 » by old skool » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:35 am

That fourth quarter definitely had a pre-season exhibition vibe. Ok, maybe a summer league vibe.

I have not been impressed by any of the so called rookies. Merrill and Nwora can shoot, but they are a a long way from being decent rotation players. Put any of them in a playoff game and the opponent will screen to force switches and isolate Merrill, Nwora, Diakite et al. I root for them to succeed, but come on. They clearly don't know how to play NBA basketball.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,774

Post#23 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:34 am

old skool wrote:That fourth quarter definitely had a pre-season exhibition vibe. Ok, maybe a summer league vibe.

I have not been impressed by any of the so called rookies. Merrill and Nwora can shoot, but they are a a long way from being decent rotation players. Put any of them in a playoff game and the opponent will screen to force switches and isolate Merrill, Nwora, Diakite et al. I root for them to succeed, but come on. They clearly don't know how to play NBA basketball.

Are you expecting something different when Forbes is in?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#24 » by AussieBuck » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:15 pm

I want to like Nwora and feel like I should because he's a second rounder who can shoot the **** out of the ball but the guy just doesn't seem to care enough and I've seen him pass twice all season. Agree on everything said about Novak. It's a rare skill to be that dull and infuriating at the same time. Impressive.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,940

Post#25 » by tydett » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Sir Sid brought more insight and excitement than Novak did. And he was terrible. Novak should be relegated to the Craig Cashun role... if that.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,743

Post#26 » by chonestown » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:33 pm

old skool wrote:That fourth quarter definitely had a pre-season exhibition vibe. Ok, maybe a summer league vibe.

They are not "so called rookies." They are rookies by definition. Curious start to your so called post.

No summer league, abbreviated training camp and a compressed regular season schedule leaving scant room for practice will hinder the development of anybody coming into the league. Each of the three has obvious holes in their game that speaks to why their acquisition costs were low. Each also has translated their positive attributes into pro production. When you've whiffed on DJ Wilson and Rashad Vaughan, this is not an insignificant development.

The last six minutes was not a feast for the eyes at any rate.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#27 » by Siefer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:49 pm

tydett wrote:Strongly believe in second chances, rehabilitation, and that people sometimes make horrible mistakes that they wish they could take back. Still won't stop me from feeling yucky every time Kurucs sees the floor for the Bucks.

Right there with you. A good chunk of my problem is I'm not sure what move towards repair or rehabilitation we've even seen. He kept his head down, his ex didn't press the issue (very common), and now has to take online domestic abuse classes. I'm not interested in casting him into the flames, but I also see no reason to believe he's a better person today than he was 2 years ago.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#28 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 pm

chonestown wrote:

They are not "so called rookies." They are rookies by definition. Curious start to your so called post.

No summer league, abbreviated training camp and a compressed regular season schedule leaving scant room for practice will hinder the development of anybody coming into the league. Each of the three has obvious holes in their game that speaks to why their acquisition costs were low. Each also has translated their positive attributes into pro production. When you've whiffed on DJ Wilson and Rashad Vaughan, this is not an insignificant development.

The last six minutes was not a feast for the eyes at any rate.

Damn. All that practice paying off. C-U-L-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N come playoff time. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#29 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:56 am

That last seven minutes had a middle school vibe. Man that was ugly.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks