Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,325

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1441 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Had a co worker upset with me that I returned to work today after quarantining because I didn’t do a rapid test before coming (work didn’t require it and asked me to come in since it had been 5 days since symptoms). I also only have one rapid test left and at least around where I am in milwaukee, hard to find, so I was hesitant to use it.

Long story short, she basically demanded I do a rapid test there at work and because she had one, I did, and it was positive.

I'm confused. Did you take a test once you first had symptoms?

For everyone looking for at-home tests, if feasible, I recommend hopping in the car and driving to rural areas. We were in northern Minnesota near Brainerd for vacation awhile ago and the small-towny grocery store had them, along with a drug store.

Anyways, here's my uneventful COVID story:
Had muscle aches and night sweats a few weeks ago, took an at-home test and was positive. Laid in bed for a couple of days while alternating between ibuprofen and DayQuil. Was back to normal after Day 3, which is when my 4-year old tested positive. Alternated between giving him Tylenol and ibuprofen for 2 days because he said he didn't feel good, but he wasn't bedridden. He played with his Legos and Transformers, and watched TV. We both got PCR tests confirming the positives, and the next day my 1 year-old daughter tested positive. She was asymptomatic. Wife never got it.

I assume we had Omicron because we never lost our taste. If you would've told me beforehand that we could get natural immunity by going though it, I would've signed up.

I took a test on Saturday but started getting a scratchy throat that Thursday.

She’s not upset with that. She’s upset I went back to work yesterday without taking another at home test.

You can test positive months after contracting the virus.

Like others have said, you were following CDC guidelines and your employer's directives. If your coworker has a problem with that, she needs to take it up with them.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#1442 » by LittleRooster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I'm confused. Did you take a test once you first had symptoms?

For everyone looking for at-home tests, if feasible, I recommend hopping in the car and driving to rural areas. We were in northern Minnesota near Brainerd for vacation awhile ago and the small-towny grocery store had them, along with a drug store.

Anyways, here's my uneventful COVID story:
Had muscle aches and night sweats a few weeks ago, took an at-home test and was positive. Laid in bed for a couple of days while alternating between ibuprofen and DayQuil. Was back to normal after Day 3, which is when my 4-year old tested positive. Alternated between giving him Tylenol and ibuprofen for 2 days because he said he didn't feel good, but he wasn't bedridden. He played with his Legos and Transformers, and watched TV. We both got PCR tests confirming the positives, and the next day my 1 year-old daughter tested positive. She was asymptomatic. Wife never got it.

I assume we had Omicron because we never lost our taste. If you would've told me beforehand that we could get natural immunity by going though it, I would've signed up.

I took a test on Saturday but started getting a scratchy throat that Thursday.

She’s not upset with that. She’s upset I went back to work yesterday without taking another at home test.

You can test positive months after contracting the virus.

Like others have said, you were following CDC guidelines and your employer's directives. If your coworker has a problem with that, she needs to take it up with them.

Appreciate it guys. I called a former co worker who worked with myself and her and explained the situation. He felt the same way, so between you guys and him I’m feeling better.

Her and I are pretty close, as is this former co worker, and her losing her cool isn’t rare haha. I’m just very Covid conscious and started wondering if I f’d up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1443 » by jschligs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 pm

I'd say I'm 80% better, but the lingering symptom is complete shortness of breath. I can't even fold laundry without feeling like I just ran 10 miles.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#1444 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:12 pm

Mine came back negative. Just a bad cold apparently.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,297

Post#1445 » by KidA24 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 pm

jschligs wrote:I'd say I'm 80% better, but the lingering symptom is complete shortness of breath. I can't even fold laundry without feeling like I just ran 10 miles.

As a non-covid having out of shape 43 year old, I feel personally attacked by this statement.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,325

Post#1446 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:06 pm

KidA24 wrote:
jschligs wrote:I'd say I'm 80% better, but the lingering symptom is complete shortness of breath. I can't even fold laundry without feeling like I just ran 10 miles.

As a non-covid having out of shape 43 year old, I feel personally attacked by this statement.

Yeah after recently having COVID, I wouldn't be able to tell you if any heavy breathing would be after effects or just me being out of shape.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#1447 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:43 pm

So, I got married last month. It was quite a whirlwind leading up to it, especially with omicron emerging, people cancelling travels, last minute dropouts, and such. It was all to be expected, and a miracle that this thing came together in relative harmony.

I thought that if there was anyone likely to catch COVID-19 at this thing, it was my bride and I. All the handshakes and hugs and close contact, with at least one moderate exposure to a confirmed case identified after the wedding. But we never did. We got tested three times after the wedding - one rapid test the next day (I had stocked up in October for my engagement ceremony), a PCR three days out, another six days out. Negative. Luck of the draw, I suppose. We were both boosted, so I'm sure that helped.

I am getting tired of this thing, though. Tired of wearing masks. Tired of worrying about considering whether to cancel plans to go to events because of this thing. Tired of having to postpone travels because of changing border restrictions.

My biggest annoyance right now is that our honeymoon is effectively on hold because our preferred destination - Bali - isn't letting in Americans right now unless they're on a business visa.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,666

Post#1448 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:04 pm

humanrefutation wrote:So, I got married last month. It was quite a whirlwind leading up to it, especially with omicron emerging, people cancelling travels, last minute dropouts, and such. It was all to be expected, and a miracle that this thing came together in relative harmony.

I thought that if there was anyone likely to catch COVID-19 at this thing, it was my bride and I. All the handshakes and hugs and close contact, with at least one moderate exposure to a confirmed case identified after the wedding. But we never did. We got tested three times after the wedding - one rapid test the next day (I had stocked up in October for my engagement ceremony), a PCR three days out, another six days out. Negative. Luck of the draw, I suppose. We were both boosted, so I'm sure that helped.

I am getting tired of this thing, though. Tired of wearing masks. Tired of worrying about considering whether to cancel plans to go to events because of this thing. Tired of having to postpone travels because of changing border restrictions.

My biggest annoyance right now is that our honeymoon is effectively on hold because our preferred destination - Bali - isn't letting in Americans right now unless they're on a business visa.

Yeah it's getting to be exhausting, but congrats on getting married buddy! I know you haven't had a honey moon yet, but hopefully you two have had a chance to take a little vacation.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#1449 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#1450 » by emunney » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Glad I turned the sound up for that.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1451 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Going through it lately. As it turns out, going off my long time anti-anxiety medication in January of 2020 was an unfortunate move.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#1452 » by emunney » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:54 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Going through it lately. As it turns out, going off my long time anti-anxiety medication in January of 2020 was an unfortunate move.

Really sorry to hear that. Are you able to get back on it?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1453 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 pm

I cannot catch a break. Food poisoning from Kwik Trip…2nd time getting food poisoning in 6 months and no less than 2 days after recovering from Covid.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1454 » by jute2003 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:15 pm

humanrefutation wrote:So, I got married last month. It was quite a whirlwind leading up to it, especially with omicron emerging, people cancelling travels, last minute dropouts, and such. It was all to be expected, and a miracle that this thing came together in relative harmony.

Congratulations on the wedding and I'm happy to hear everything came together. I can't imagine the stress people getting married right now must go through. Have you thought about taking a long weekend trip somewhere as a mini-moon? If you aren't a beach person, it's a great time to visit the Carolina coastal cities like Charleston and Savannah.
only a fan, only an opinion
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1455 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Waingro better be in the prequel
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1456 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:34 pm

jschligs wrote:Food poisoning from Kwik Trip

But in all seriousness, glad to hear you're feeling recovered from Covid!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1457 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:59 pm

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Going through it lately. As it turns out, going off my long time anti-anxiety medication in January of 2020 was an unfortunate move.

Thanks, appreciate it. Managed to see a doc this afternoon, they got me on something now. It's just very amazing to me when I look back and think not only decide to go off it when I did, but also that I didn't get back on it at any point when **gestures wildly everywhere**.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,651

Post#1458 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it. Managed to see a doc this afternoon, they got me on something now. It's just very amazing to me when I look back and think not only decide to go off it when I did, but also that I didn't get back on it at any point when **gestures wildly everywhere**.

Hope you're feeling okay soon! I know getting back on those can be tough on the body just as much as getting off. Take care of yourself.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1459 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:23 am

TroyD92 wrote:Yeah it's getting to be exhausting, but congrats on getting married buddy! I know you haven't had a honey moon yet, but hopefully you two have had a chance to take a little vacation.

jute2003 wrote:Congratulations on the wedding and I'm happy to hear everything came together. I can't imagine the stress people getting married right now must go through. Have you thought about taking a long weekend trip somewhere as a mini-moon? If you aren't a beach person, it's a great time to visit the Carolina coastal cities like Charleston and Savannah.

Thanks guys. We haven't had a chance yet; these past few weeks have been spent getting her moved in and settling things down. But we're looking at doing a mini-moon sometime in the next couple months. There are a couple spots in Costa Rica that look beautiful.

But I'm still holding out a bit of hope that Indonesia will open up soon; their case numbers are way down and they're apparently very motivated to get their dormant tourism industry booming again. But I'll probably have to wait until 2023 for that trip.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1460 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:33 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:

Sometimes, when you're in the middle of it, you don't even realize how much you're going through it. At least that's been my experience. I hope your new meds help you guide your mind back to firmer footing.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks