ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mediocrityrules
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,477
And1: 1,316
Joined: Nov 27, 2013
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1101 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:26 am

I feel sick to my stomach.
mediocrityrules
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,477
And1: 1,316
Joined: Nov 27, 2013
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1102 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:27 am

Who cares about basketball or anything else right now. I'm just numb.
User avatar
vital_signs
Starter
Posts: 2,160
And1: 1,110
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1103 » by vital_signs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 am

ffs, what a time to be alive.
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1104 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 am

Post that video, or any of them, on the CA board if you must
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1105 » by emunney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
buckboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,093
And1: 5,532
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: At the Gettin' Place
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1106 » by buckboy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:31 pm

emunney wrote:
Read on Twitter



:(

My mother-in-law is a dancing granny in her small-town parades up north.

Just awful for all of those involved. I don't pray, but I'll be thinking of them.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1107 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 pm

Is that the same group that performs at Bucks games? First they were called Seniorgee and now Bucks Grand Dancers.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1108 » by emunney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Is that the same group that performs at Bucks games? First they were called Seniorgee and now Bucks Grand Dancers.


Different group, but wouldn't surprise me if there was overlap.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1109 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
vital_signs
Starter
Posts: 2,160
And1: 1,110
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1110 » by vital_signs » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:54 pm

How does one shoulder even handle that?
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Veteran
Posts: 2,718
And1: 1,897
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1111 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:08 pm

Turkey noob. Graduated from a turkey loaf last year to a full bird this year. It should be done thawing sometime this morning. Is a 24 hour brine worth it? Also I've been watching a lot of videos about spatchcocking (cutting out the backbone and flattening it) and how it makes it super easy/cooks more evenly. Anybody do this?
KidA24
Head Coach
Posts: 6,566
And1: 4,381
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1112 » by KidA24 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:57 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Turkey noob. Graduated from a turkey loaf last year to a full bird this year. It should be done thawing sometime this morning. Is a 24 hour brine worth it? Also I've been watching a lot of videos about spatchcocking (cutting out the backbone and flattening it) and how it makes it super easy/cooks more evenly. Anybody do this?


I've spatchcocked and also cooked sous vide. Both were much easier, tastier and jucier than a typical bird.

I would follow this guide for brining: https://www.seriouseats.com/quick-and-dirty-guide-to-brining-turkey-chicken-thanksgiving

The science behind it:
https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food-lab-the-truth-about-brining-turkey-thanksgiving
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Veteran
Posts: 2,718
And1: 1,897
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1113 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 pm

KidA24 wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Turkey noob. Graduated from a turkey loaf last year to a full bird this year. It should be done thawing sometime this morning. Is a 24 hour brine worth it? Also I've been watching a lot of videos about spatchcocking (cutting out the backbone and flattening it) and how it makes it super easy/cooks more evenly. Anybody do this?


I've spatchcocked and also cooked sous vide. Both were much easier, tastier and jucier than a typical bird.

I would follow this guide for brining: https://www.seriouseats.com/quick-and-dirty-guide-to-brining-turkey-chicken-thanksgiving

The science behind it:
https://www.seriouseats.com/the-food-lab-the-truth-about-brining-turkey-thanksgiving

Thank you for this. Dry brining right now.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1114 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:36 pm

I've been responsible for a salad everyone in the family loves and some pull apart rolls the last handful of years, but this year I made egg noodles, lefse, and cranberry sauce. I very much prefer the latter. Everything is done and in the fridge or freezer, only took a couple hours.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1115 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:49 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I've been responsible for a salad everyone in the family loves and some pull apart rolls the last handful of years, but this year I made egg noodles, lefse, and cranberry sauce. I very much prefer the latter. Everything is done and in the fridge or freezer, only took a couple hours.


I haven't found good GF lefse yet, so I'm going to have to make it myself one of these years. Maybe this is the year.
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Veteran
Posts: 2,718
And1: 1,897
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1116 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:14 pm

MFer was still frozen inside. 10 lbs, 72 hours in the fridge, how does that happen.
ReginaldDwight
Veteran
Posts: 2,505
And1: 1,038
Joined: Feb 11, 2015
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1117 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:MFer was still frozen inside. 10 lbs, 72 hours in the fridge, how does that happen.

Can take way longer then youd expect.
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 3,365
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1118 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:53 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:MFer was still frozen inside. 10 lbs, 72 hours in the fridge, how does that happen.

Can take way longer then youd expect.


Especially in the fridge. Things take forever to thaw at 36 degrees.
ReginaldDwight
Veteran
Posts: 2,505
And1: 1,038
Joined: Feb 11, 2015
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1119 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 pm

jschligs wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:MFer was still frozen inside. 10 lbs, 72 hours in the fridge, how does that happen.

Can take way longer then youd expect.


Especially in the fridge. Things take forever to thaw at 36 degrees.

I usually leave big things out til they get started and finish thawing in fridge.
User avatar
vital_signs
Starter
Posts: 2,160
And1: 1,110
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1120 » by vital_signs » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Seems people are forgetting their roots, the correct term is unthaw.
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks