ImageImage

PG Suns: Refs Screw Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Re: PG Suns: Refs Screw Bucks 

Post#161 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Middleton just doesn't have the athleticism/quickness for that role. We have to try Jrue in it even though he lacks the shooting. And this isn't to say it has to end in Jrue being a Dame style shooter. Basically, just because he's the lead initiator doesn't mean he has to shoot. But start it all with him and play as a team, trust his decision making. The D has to throw a ton of attention to a Giannis/Jrue ball screen, go from there and make the best decision. That could easily end in a wide open Middleton 3 ball. It just has to beat Giannis dribbling by himself at the top of the key staring at a wall of D, it has to.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#162 » by blazza18 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Anybody else feel apathy setting in for this team? That game last night zapped any enthusiasm I had left for this season. Just feels like we're going to get bounced in the playoffs in round 1 or 2, we'll bring Bud back and make a few changes to the roster. Maybe Lopez gets moved and then we get bounced in the playoffs early again.

The last two games were pretty telling and I understand why you and other fans would feel this way.

The Bucks don't have a switch. This is who they are.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,880

Post#163 » by Fotis St » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Siefer wrote:We don't have an S-tier iso guy, which hurts us at the end of games. Giannis can't shoot, Middleton can lose his dribble under duress, and Jrue isn't a good enough shooter to warrant some of the tough stuff he forces. I guess I'm rolling with either Midds or Jrue in those scenarios. I know Giannis wants to be the guy, but he's not all that scary on ball with the shot-clock off. He is damn scary off ball in those scenarios, though.

I am going with Giannis iso post plays and making his FTs
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,721

Post#164 » by Wonka » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Since when is Jrue’s shooting an issue? He’s at 50-40-85 splits this year. Career highs in everything except for free throw percentage.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#165 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 pm

Wonka wrote:Since when is Jrue’s shooting an issue? He’s at 50-40-85 splits this year. Career highs in everything except for free throw percentage.

Well, because he's never shot anywhere near that before. But yea, that kind of helps with the point of going with him as the lead though. Thus far this year, he has been shooting that well to justify it. Who knows if it sustains but he has all the other elements needed for that role (quickness, handle, size, can drive/finish, smart, doesn't rattle easily) so if he's also ticked up his shooting a level then it's a no brainer imo.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#166 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 am

Fotis St wrote:
Siefer wrote:We don't have an S-tier iso guy, which hurts us at the end of games. Giannis can't shoot, Middleton can lose his dribble under duress, and Jrue isn't a good enough shooter to warrant some of the tough stuff he forces. I guess I'm rolling with either Midds or Jrue in those scenarios. I know Giannis wants to be the guy, but he's not all that scary on ball with the shot-clock off. He is damn scary off ball in those scenarios, though.

I am going with Giannis iso post plays and making his FTs

High post/elbow, but yeah. Catch, pivot, and attack. Like Fotis mentioned, the free throw shooting is awfully impressive. Most important, he looks comfortable.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,123

Post#167 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:34 pm

msiris wrote:
Siefer wrote:FWIW, I think Middleton is still our best playmaker. He has the gravity, creativity, and vision to make some really great stuff happen, but there's the aforementioned handle, and then he sometimes just tricks the lob off the top of the backboard.
I disagree with you. Giannis is our best playmaker. His main issue is that he forces the issue too often. Middleton does the same thing. I think we do too much Iso ball or hero ball, The Suns are the top rated assist team in the league therefore they are very good.

Its Jrue in terms of making plays for other guys. Its Giannis in terms of making something out of nothing. Then Khris.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#168 » by M-C-G » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:44 pm

I didn't catch the game, but I feel like we have a problem holding on to games in the 4th. Sounds like this might have been the case again. That is something we really need to fix.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#169 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:22 pm

M-C-G wrote:I didn't catch the game, but I feel like we have a problem holding on to games in the 4th. Sounds like this might have been the case again. That is something we really need to fix.

If you can catch the replay it's worth it. One of the best games this year minus the last 0.3 seconds of OT.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks