ImageImage

PG Nets: Bucks Drop Game 1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: PG Nets: Bucks Drop Game 1 

Post#361 » by machu46 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:29 pm

If it helps, I’m going out to dinner tomorrow during the game so I won’t be watching and I feel like they generally play better when I don’t watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#362 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:29 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What was that guys name hugging lebron? Hicks or something ..damn i remember they turned down Amare for him

JJ Hickson?
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#363 » by DrWood » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:39 am

jschligs wrote:Our big three played 5 minutes together and were +7…but yea, let’s not play them together.

They played together for the first 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 minutes of the second half. I didn't bother to check how much they played together during the other 38 minutes of the game.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#364 » by th87 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:48 am

DrWood wrote:
jschligs wrote:Our big three played 5 minutes together and were +7…but yea, let’s not play them together.

They played together for the first 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 minutes of the second half. I didn't bother to check how much they played together during the other 38 minutes of the game.

I still can't believe we legit tried to spark a comeback with Jeff Teague. Bud needs to be fired. And I don't even need the caveat of "if the Bucks lose", because decisions like that make it a given.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#365 » by DrWood » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:50 am

Neuromancer56 wrote:The Bucks lost this game because they couldn't hit 3's. I thought about why, especially since they were draining their 3's against the Heat. I realized that the Nets game started with a crazy frantic pace that had everyone gassed. When you're gassed, it's harder to be accurate with your 3's. So in some sense I think what the Bucks need to do is slow down the pace a little. I'm hoping that happens naturally in the rest of the games.

I think they slowed down after the first 5 minutes or so. That's when things started going to hell.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#366 » by DrWood » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:55 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
th87 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:everything quoted above is just truth. i avoided posting here or reading anything after i turned Iast nights dog vomit off to watch something eIse. these posts above are the onIy story. our teams heart is uItimateIy fIawed. theres a weakness and its that we Iack brains AND courage. it IiteraIIy goes back to the kidd years. the souI of giannis/middIeton duo is just what it is.

I hate to say it, but Giannis as your lead star (in Milwaukee anyway) will always have a tough time in the playoffs. He's too offensively limited to fully take over in a tight half court game (a'la Durant, Curry, Lillard, Jokic, Leonard, etc.), as the paint is packed, and even if he somehow gets inside, they will foul him constantly without getting whistled (which won't be a problem anymore if he leaves to a large market). This gets in his head, then he starts to press, and then it goes downhill from there.

He needs a reliable running mate, and I wish we didn't turn our noses up at Harden out of principle.
What exactly were we going to give for Harden? They wanted picks. We don't have any.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

I think the argument goes that if we didn't acquire Jrue, we could have acquired Harden.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#367 » by DrWood » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:59 am

th87 wrote:
DrWood wrote:

I still can't believe we legit tried to spark a comeback with Jeff Teague. Bud needs to be fired. And I don't even need the caveat of "if the Bucks lose", because decisions like that make it a given.

You know that wasn't the intent, right?
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#368 » by Antinomy » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:58 am

BigO wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:I agree on everything but your first sentence. I don't think they are trying to stop anyone. It seemed to me like could get any shot we wanted from anyone. We started out smart, and the first person I remember taking an awful shot was Middleton. He posted up Durant early in the shot clock and took a long fade away. After that, we continued to become undisciplined on offense.

Durant and Kyrie shot under 50 percent. Let's not act like the nets were Uber efficient. Offense and missing wide open shots was the problem with a couple minor things on defense. Don't help off joe harris ever (Middleton again), and don't act like Blake Griffin is bam. It's so dumb to dare a 38 percent three point shooter to take wide open 3s. People seem to have a bias against him because of his name. This has been his game for awhile now. He isn't amazing at it, but I'm guessing he makes greater than 50 percent when given 10-15 feet.

Why do people keep saying Griffin is a 38% shooter?

He shot 34% this year & has never been above 36% for an entire season on respectable volume.

Sure he shot 38% after getting to Brooklyn, but that was on 3 attempts per game. Before that, he shot 31% on 6 attempts in Detroit.

Clearly he can’t maintain at a high percentage the more he attempts. The strategy will work if you give it more than a game.

You asked about the 38% and then answered it yourself. All that matters is his time with the Nets because he plays a different role.
If you looked at the first round, he didn't shoot much because he was guarded. Give a guy like Griffin open shots and he becomes much better than 38%.

It's such a stupid plan to leave him open, because:

1) as I predicted before the series, if you leave him open, he will hit his shots

2) I assume that if you leave him open it's because you are helping out on other players. How'd that work out? Everyone else also scored.

The poster before you has it exactly right. Never leave Harris open and stay close to Griffin, so you can at least close out out on his stand still threes.

Lol. Maybe you don’t get it.

He shot 6 3PA a game in Detroit at 31%.

He shot 3 3PA a game in Brooklyn at 38%

His percentage in Brooklyn is higher because he’s attempting less per game.

His percentages have consistently gone down with the more volume he’s gotten throughout his career.

The best he ever shot was his first year in Detroit at basically league averages. That year seems to be an aberration since he never shot that well before or after.

He has NEVER shot above 38% from 3 on any reasonable volume for any sustained time like you’ve continued to suggest.

It’s not complicated.

Of course you shouldn’t leave any nba player wide open all day but him shooting *open* 3s is a lot better than all the other alternatives.

When he goes 2-8 next game, you’ll understand.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#369 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:21 am

Antinomy wrote:
BigO wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

He shot 34% this year & has never been above 36% for an entire season on respectable volume.

Sure he shot 38% after getting to Brooklyn, but that was on 3 attempts per game. Before that, he shot 31% on 6 attempts in Detroit.

Clearly he can’t maintain at a high percentage the more he attempts. The strategy will work if you give it more than a game.

You asked about the 38% and then answered it yourself. All that matters is his time with the Nets because he plays a different role.
If you looked at the first round, he didn't shoot much because he was guarded. Give a guy like Griffin open shots and he becomes much better than 38%.

1) as I predicted before the series, if you leave him open, he will hit his shots

2) I assume that if you leave him open it's because you are helping out on other players. How'd that work out? Everyone else also scored.

The poster before you has it exactly right. Never leave Harris open and stay close to Griffin, so you can at least close out out on his stand still threes.

His percentages have consistently gone down with the more volume he’s gotten throughout his career.

The best he ever shot was his first year in Detroit at basically league averages. That year seems to be an aberration since he never shot that well before or after.

He has NEVER shot above 38% from 3 on any reasonable volume for any sustained time like you’ve continued to suggest.

It’s not complicated.

Of course you shouldn’t leave any nba player wide open all day but him shooting *open* 3s is a lot better than all the other alternatives.

Correct, and watch any Nets game, and you'll see no team guards him out there. I'm more annoyed that he scored 7 points inside the 3 point line than the few 3s he hit.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#370 » by buckboy » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:50 pm

Every time Giannis shoots an early shot clock three, a puppy dies.

That's all I got.

I expect a win tonight.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#371 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:59 pm

Spoiler:
Antinomy wrote:
BigO wrote:
Antinomy wrote:

It’s not complicated.

While yes this is correct info. he's also never been on a team as the 4th option and being left wide open. Basically his 3 attempts per game hes gotten in BKN are probably of much better value than the 6 in Det (on average) in that he's wide open. to a certain extent, when facing this BKN team you have to pick your poison and you can't cover everyone, there's only so much you can do and obviously Blake shooting is better than KD. But, Blake is not some awful shooter ala Giannis that we should be daring to shoot, mocking, or shocked if somehow he makes 4 in a game on a good percents. He's kind of the definition of ok/mediocre and if you leave a guy like that literally uncovered there's a good chance he makes above 40%.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#372 » by Siefer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:09 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:One thing I hated seeing from us, early threes. We shot 20 threes with 15+ seconds left on the clock. Made 2 of them. Settle down and run your offense. The shots are there. We outscored them 72-48 in the paint. Worked them 20-4 on second chance points.

I'm mostly with you, but I don't mind the occasional early three if it's a quality look. Broken coverage, and a good shooter is wide open on the wing? Sure. Same thing with transition threes. I get incredibly grumpy with our tendency for top of the key ISO ball, though. We're not an elite ISO team (though Midds is good), and it's a huge bail out for a team playing Durant at center.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#373 » by th87 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:23 pm

Siefer wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:One thing I hated seeing from us, early threes. We shot 20 threes with 15+ seconds left on the clock. Made 2 of them. Settle down and run your offense. The shots are there. We outscored them 72-48 in the paint. Worked them 20-4 on second chance points.

I'm mostly with you, but I don't mind the occasional early three if it's a quality look. Broken coverage, and a good shooter is wide open on the wing? Sure. Same thing with transition threes. I get incredibly grumpy with our tendency for top of the key ISO ball, though. We're not an elite ISO team (though Midds is good), and it's a huge bail out for a team playing Durant at center.

Yeah the 3s themselves seemed really rushed last game (not just in terms of shot clock, but also in getting squared up and in position). Nerves must be contagious.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#374 » by Siefer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:42 pm

The lack of an elite floor general really rears its head when shots aren't falling. We ran a good offense in the first, just missed jumpers. I think our guys tend to get frustrated with misses and start forcing the issue with ISO ball.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks