Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Re: PG Nets: Bucks Drop Game 1 

Post#281 » by BigO » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:02 pm

Cythaps wrote:
BigO wrote:
Cythaps wrote:Luckily no adjustments are needed. Unless shooting 33%+ from three is an adjustment.

Some of you guys are so toxic that really deserve losing this series. Too bad that's not gonna happen.

Wow, the Bud apologists are running wild. The Bucks gave up 98 points after 3 quarters and you want no adjustments? Yep, good idea to keep letting Griffin shoot wide open threes (my buddy said he had 9 wide open threes) and playing your best players preseason minutes during the first three quarters.

Bud apologist? I said "luckily" because I wouldn't trust any Bud adjustment. They shot 46% and we avoided giving them free throws. We can't do much better than that against a team that talented. The problem was our shooting, and you can't adjust that.

You can't adjust giving up 98 points in the first 3 quarters??? All the posters here are only talking about the offense. The defense was horrific and yes, it's all on the coach:

1) He didn't play his regulars together for most of the game. That's on Bud.
2) He left Griffin wide open the entire game. Griffin is a 38% three point shooter and that's when he is guarded. Obviously better when he's unguarded. That's on Bud.
3) Totally passive defense. No showing on the ball screens. No full court pressure like in Miami. that's on Bud.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#282 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:02 pm

baldur wrote:play giannis 42 minutes not 34 minutes for **** sake.

He was going to play 38 which isn’t bad at all. The Bucks just threw in the towel those last few minutes. The difference in this game wasn’t Giannis missing a couple minutes, especially when he continued to overhelp on defense.
BigO
Analyst

Post#283 » by BigO » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:11 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:We're all so much smarter than Bud aren't we? :D

Maybe nothing went wrong today, maybe we just had a bad night from distance.

Wow. What does leaving Griffin, a good 3 point shooter, wide open 9 times have to do with the Bucks missing shots. They scored 98 points after 3 quarters. You are living in a fantasy world if you don't think the defense was horrific the first 3 quarters.
BigO
Analyst

Post#284 » by BigO » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:20 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Dude **** the “shots didn’t fall” narrative. Why were were we taking those dumb ass jumpshots when they couldn’t stop us inside?! It wasn’t just shots not falling, it was incredibly moronic shot selection. How is it possible for the staff and the players to not realize their best chance is to brutalize them inside and instead get lulled into a jump shooting contest against and smaller team?!

Because if you don't shoot all their whole D is just gonna camp inside.

Right. I do think we should have taken it outside more than we did, but at the end of the day we're going to have to hit outside shots.

All you talk about is the Bucks offense. The Bucks gave up 98 points in the first three quarters (when the game was decided). The loss has absolutely nothing to do with a "bad shooting night". We couldn't stop them, much like the first Miami game.

The Bucks can still win but only if Bud makes the kind of changes he made after game 1 with Miami. He needs to:

1) Cover Griffin on the perimeter. He is a good shooter, especially if left wide open.

2) Play aggressive defense like game 2 in Miami.Cover ball screens and pick up full court.

3) Play starters playoff minutes, not preseason minutes.

Winning starts with defense, yet most posters want to only talk about the offense. Some things never change, just like Bud.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#285 » by vital_signs » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:26 pm

My bad all, between 2 camping trips, getting too drunk, and a date I havent been able to catch a playoff game until last night. I'll go back in my hole, this team is infuriating. Here's to game 2 being better.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#286 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:31 pm

BigO wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Because if you don't shoot all their whole D is just gonna camp inside.

Right. I do think we should have taken it outside more than we did, but at the end of the day we're going to have to hit outside shots.

All you talk about is the Bucks offense. The Bucks gave up 98 points in the first three quarters (when the game was decided). The loss has absolutely nothing to do with a "bad shooting night". We couldn't stop them, much like the first Miami game.

The Bucks can still win but only if Bud makes the kind of changes he made after game 1 with Miami. He needs to:

1) Cover Griffin on the perimeter. He is a good shooter, especially if left wide open.

2) Play aggressive defense like game 2 in Miami.Cover ball screens and pick up full court.

3) Play starters playoff minutes, not preseason minutes.

Winning starts with defense, yet most posters want to only talk about the offense. Some things never change, just like Bud.

Some understand that the defense is better when it can set up after made shots. Simple analytics. It's part of why we prioritize defending the highest percentage shots, despite 3s being worth more. Then our offense gets to play versus a scrambling transition defense.

Do we need to make adjustments defensively? Yes, and we will.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#287 » by jschligs » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:32 pm

Our big three played 5 minutes together and were +7…but yea, let’s not play them together.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#288 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:46 pm

th87 wrote:
AntetokounmBros wrote:
rilamann wrote:I am not worried because we lost 1 game, I'm worried because of how we lost. The Bucks lost because they once again got scared and went dumb,if there was an adjustment for that, it would have been made 2 years ago.

Just watched Giannis's interview and he even said they had adrenaline/jitters and weren't able to calm down and play the right way.

I only worry that the loss will make them come out jittery again, rather than the Miami game where we could take a deep breath after a win.

Well that bodes well for tight games down the stretch. Usually teams come out jittery for half a quarter before settling in; we do that for full games and entire series.

And he kind of admitted that the stage is too big for them (which apparently makes him shoot walk up 3s when Durant is guarding Lopez).

Dogs my ass. If anything, it's the Nets who should've felt the pressure. They're on the big stage too. They had time off too. And they lost their best player. But somehow 10-day contract Mike James finds the mental fortitude to outplay $35 million man Middleton. Washed up Blake Griffin is diving for loose balls and intimidating our team.
everything quoted above is just truth. i avoided posting here or reading anything after i turned Iast nights dog vomit off to watch something eIse. these posts above are the onIy story. our teams heart is uItimateIy fIawed. theres a weakness and its that we Iack brains AND courage. it IiteraIIy goes back to the kidd years. the souI of giannis/middIeton duo is just what it is.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,617

Post#289 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:55 pm

I do have to give credit to Bud. I didn't think he could get any more stubborn, but seeing as how his job is more or less on the hot seat, he still went out there and threw out his terrible timed rotations like he didn't learn anything the past two seasons. Round 2 of the playoffs and we're trotting Jeff Teague's corpse out there.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,738

Post#290 » by yannisk » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:03 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
baldur wrote:play giannis 42 minutes not 34 minutes for **** sake.

He was going to play 38 which isn’t bad at all. The Bucks just threw in the towel those last few minutes. The difference in this game wasn’t Giannis missing a couple minutes, especially when he continued to overhelp on defense.

to play 38 minutes he needed to play 15 minutes straight, that would have been bad time management from Bud anyway.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#291 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:10 pm

jschligs wrote:Our big three played 5 minutes together and were +7…but yea, let’s not play them together.

They played 13 minutes together and were plus 3, but yeah, it's still a problem.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#292 » by jschligs » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:12 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
jschligs wrote:Our big three played 5 minutes together and were +7…but yea, let’s not play them together.

They played 13 minutes together and were plus 3, but yeah, it's still a problem.

Ah thanks for the correction, but yes.

I’m at a loss for words. Yea we shot like trash, but man how do we not do the simplest thing…play our best players the most.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,280

Post#293 » by rilamann » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:18 pm

Washed up Blake Griffin pretty much single handedly took the Buck's "We Dogs" mantra and smashed it into absolute oblivion. Washed up Blake Griffin.

If the Bucks don't win this series, they will never live that one down.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#294 » by machu46 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:25 pm

We need to go back to Pat in the starting lineup IMO. Tucker still has a role to play in this series but the Tucker/Giannis/Brook lineups should not be a thing. They are all big men at this point in their careers. The offense isn’t versatile enough if all of them are sharing the floor together. There’s a reason Bud didn’t use this lineup all year.

And obviously goes without saying but the individual players just need to play far better if we’re going to have a chance. I give up with the early 3’s from Giannis; we clearly can’t get through to him that they’re bad shots every single time.

But there’s no reason our defensive rotations should be as stupid as they were last night; Brooklyn did a good job moving the ball but we were also caught helping when we shouldn’t, not rotating to the right players, and just forgetting about players too often.

Offensively, the shooting was obviously the biggest issue, but it’s been an issue for us 3 years in a row now. Beyond that, we just didn’t look poised at all; we looked rushed and uncomfortable almost immediately. Jrue was supposed to be the guy that calms us down in those moments but he played right into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#295 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:29 pm

BigO wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:We're all so much smarter than Bud aren't we? :D

Maybe nothing went wrong today, maybe we just had a bad night from distance.

Wow. What does leaving Griffin, a good 3 point shooter, wide open 9 times have to do with the Bucks missing shots. They scored 98 points after 3 quarters. You are living in a fantasy world if you don't think the defense was horrific the first 3 quarters.

The defense was definitely not horrific. We focused on Irving and Durant (as you do) and kept them both below their average FG%, look it up. It was a great effort actually, especially from PJ.

Leaving Griffin open is a solid strategy when the entire Big 3 plays.
Griffin averaged 3.6 FGs a game in the Boston series, for a very specific reason: when you have $100m and 80PPG on the floor in the human form of KD/KI/JH, you don't just leave it in the corner to sit there and watch the corpse of Lob City do his thing. Even if Griffin was making shot after shot, eventually the Nets themselves would stop him and give the ball back to the 3-headed monster. Don't ask me why, that's just how the NBA works. Makes no sense to me either.

Obviously our strategy needed to change on the fly when Harden left the game unexpectedly and Griffin suddenly became the 2nd violin as KD/KI were taking turns resting, but the Bucks failed to adjust. I'd like to submit exhibit 2394623487-D your honour, please file it under Bucks failing to adjust.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#296 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:30 pm

jschligs wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Ah thanks for the correction, but yes.

I’m at a loss for words. Yea we shot like trash, but man how do we not do the simplest thing…play our best players the most.

Agree, though I think 2 of them playing like garbage was a factor. Don't know why Giannis didn't play more.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#297 » by blazza18 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:43 pm

The lineup data coming out is pretty damning on Bud. Just can’t believe he’s still this stubborn. Playing your best players more and longer together should be such an easy decision.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#298 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:50 pm

Still pissed. Can't believe they had such a piss poor game plan.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#299 » by Profound23 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:51 pm

blazza18 wrote:The lineup data coming out is pretty damning on Bud. Just can’t believe he’s still this stubborn. Playing your best players more and longer together should be such an easy decision.

Especially after a week off......
Especially after they barely played in half of the Heat sereies......
Especially once Harden went down and you smelled the blood in the water......

Unbelievable!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#300 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:55 pm

Profound23 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:The lineup data coming out is pretty damning on Bud. Just can’t believe he’s still this stubborn. Playing your best players more and longer together should be such an easy decision.

Especially after a week off......
Especially after they barely played in half of the Heat sereies......
Especially once Harden went down and you smelled the blood in the water......

Unbelievable!

Agreed
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks