Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Re: PG Nets: Bucks Drop Game 1 

Post#321 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Teagues 14 minutes have to go elsewhere. Jrue can play more, give Forbes more minutes. I know Forbes was ice cold but at least he has a chance to light it up. Teague is a net zero on his best day.

I said this during the game and you gave me ****. :dontknow:

Right. Teague wasn't the reason we lost. If he didn't play a minute we still lose. But going forward it could cost us a game if he's still playing meaningful minutes.

I never said he was the reason we lost. I just said it was hilarious that he was getting minutes over the other guys.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#322 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:25 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:I said this during the game and you gave me ****. :dontknow:

Right. Teague wasn't the reason we lost. If he didn't play a minute we still lose. But going forward it could cost us a game if he's still playing meaningful minutes.

I never said he was the reason we lost. I just said it was hilarious that he was getting minutes over the other guys.

I agree for the most part. But all of the regulars stunk too so I guess I can see rolling the dice. One time. Going forward if the regulars stink as bad again I'd throw one of the young guys out there instead of Teague.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#323 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:38 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Right. Teague wasn't the reason we lost. If he didn't play a minute we still lose. But going forward it could cost us a game if he's still playing meaningful minutes.

I agree for the most part. But all of the regulars stunk too so I guess I can see rolling the dice. One time. Going forward if the regulars stink as bad again I'd throw one of the young guys out there instead of Teague.

Fair enough. And I agree. I'd feel better rolling the dice with one of the rooks at this point if Bud really wants to try mixing it up.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#324 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:42 pm

Here's my honest prediction. We're gonna go onto win 4 of the next 5 games, and Mickey is gonna shove all of the Bud hate up all our asses. And I'll be ok with that. :lol:

You think he was relentless last series with the 'Spo adjustments' stuff. That was NOTHING.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#325 » by Isocleas2 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:44 pm

Antinomy wrote:
Cythaps wrote:The people downplaying the significance of our bad outside shooting game don't take into account its effect on the in-game confidence of both teams. I doubt if we had hit a couple more threes and were up by 4-5 points that Griffin would be so bullish on shooting so many threes, even completely open ones. It's 10 times easier for a role player to shoot when his team is up by 5 than down by 5 (see Forbes). Let alone the less opportunities they would have had to run the ball after our misses. There are a hundred things I would be worried about more - I didn't see anything in this game that a mediocre shooting night wouldn't fix. I'm not saying that it can't get worse, I'm just saying that this specific game isn't worrying to me.

Exactly.

I don’t care if Griffin jacks up 3s all game. That isn’t conducive to the Nets winning the series.

Same thing with Mike James. I doubt he’s launching 3s off the dribble if the game was closer or we were ahead.

I really thought we overreacted to Griffin after a while. It was evident on that possession late when they sent us into scramble mode as (iirc) Lopez closed out hard which caused the ball to be swung & ended in a wide open Joe Harris 3. Even that earlier possession when Forbes doubled him just to leave his defender open right under the basket.

Another issue that I touched on before Game 1 is that we need to cut down on the stupid, ill-advised, quick shots we take. Nets are a very efficient team offensively & we can’t just keep traded missed shots with them. We have to convert.

Why are people acting like a 38% 3pt shooter hitting wide open 3s is a fluke? This isn't Bam, if the Bucks play the same **** defense Griffin will keep hitting them.

I have no patience for the "Golly we just need to shoot better" crowd.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,824

Post#326 » by tydett » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:47 pm

I still believe. But if this 3 year arc with Bud is the Bucks' championship window, I think it's going to be viewed in retrospect as incredibly disappointing that the Bucks couldn't win the big one despite a lot of the other pieces that can't be controlled falling into place (2-0 series lead against Toronto and injured GS, weak East during bubble season POs, Harden/Embiid injuries and LeBron bounced early this year).
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,085

Post#327 » by BigO » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I do have to give credit to Bud. I didn't think he could get any more stubborn, but seeing as how his job is more or less on the hot seat, he still went out there and threw out his terrible timed rotations like he didn't learn anything the past two seasons. Round 2 of the playoffs and we're trotting Jeff Teague's corpse out there.

Agree 100%
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#328 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:51 pm

truly wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
baldur wrote:play giannis 42 minutes not 34 minutes for **** sake.

He was going to play 38 which isn’t bad at all. The Bucks just threw in the towel those last few minutes. The difference in this game wasn’t Giannis missing a couple minutes, especially when he continued to overhelp on defense.

No,it's pretty bad when you consider that the Nets starters get 6-7 minutes against the Bucks bench because of the low minutes.
He wasn't going to play 38 minutes btw.There is no way he would have played 15 minutes straight to reach that number.

Bud has been preaching resting early to close strong. He wouldn’t have pulled him with 3 minutes to go, the game was just out of reach. The whole rotation was pulled for the bench. The Nets kept their starters in until the end making the disparity even greater.

For all the “Nash outcoached Bud” talk, Nash would’ve looked like a **** idiot if Durant or Irving went down up 18 with 2 minutes to go.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#329 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:52 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Here's my honest prediction. We're gonna go onto win the next 4 of the next 5 games, and Mickey is gonna shove all of the Bud hate up all our asses. And I'll be ok with that. :lol:

You think he was relentless last series with the 'Spo adjustments' stuff. That was NOTHING.

My 20/20 hindsight is as good as anyone's on here :D
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,085

Post#330 » by BigO » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:00 pm

Daver wrote:
yannisk wrote:if Harden does not play again in this series and we lose there are no excuses.

Bud should go, Horst should go

then there is the Giannis, Middleton tandem, I would leave the new GM and Coach to decide if they can succeed together. I start to believe there is need for a serious shakeup these two seem to becoming addicted to failure and I do not know if any coach can change things enough

For some reason I am not that pessimistic, Nets have serious flaws. They are definitely beatable (without Harden)

Why in gods name horst for you guys couldnt praise him enough for this roster he put together but because bud continues to make poor decisions firing our HC isnt enough you want horst gone as well.Absolutely amazing the hatred for the GM who has done alot to get this team into a championship

I agree with this. This isn't a Horst problem. It's a Bud problem. Except, if the Bucks do flame out and Horst refuses to get rid of Bud (they seem to be tied to the hip), then Horst has to go.

The Bucks can win this series if Bud actually coaches what's in front of him. But he has these ridiculous theories that don't work against good teams. I mean, what idiot would let a 38% three point shooter wide open 9 times in a game as part of a conscious strategy? Leaving a 38% shooter wide open makes the guy a 45-50% shooter. And we even have posters who think that was a good idea.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#331 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:17 pm

The Bucks lost this game because they couldn't hit 3's. I thought about why, especially since they were draining their 3's against the Heat. I realized that the Nets game started with a crazy frantic pace that had everyone gassed. When you're gassed, it's harder to be accurate with your 3's. So in some sense I think what the Bucks need to do is slow down the pace a little. I'm hoping that happens naturally in the rest of the games.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#332 » by randy84 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:18 pm

Must be the Bucks board when people are complaining about Teague's 14 mins while casually overlooking Mid's and Jrue's putrid performance.

It's like complaining that the windshield wipers don't work in a car with two flat tires and a blown engine.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#333 » by Bernman » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:31 pm

It certainly could have been rust. The shooters who normally can shoot, couldn't. One of them is their normal self, the Bucks are there at the end.

We'll find out in game 2 how much it was rust or other factors.

The defense definitely could have been better though. That's less dependent on rhythm. Force players like Kyrie to their weaker hands. But we do miss DiVincenzo to challenge more vertically. Compels utilization of Teague now. He can't elevate to challenge. Neither can Forbes. If the series is lost, we may look back at poor guards athletically being among the undoing.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#334 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:38 pm

BigO wrote:
Daver wrote:
yannisk wrote:if Harden does not play again in this series and we lose there are no excuses.

then there is the Giannis, Middleton tandem, I would leave the new GM and Coach to decide if they can succeed together. I start to believe there is need for a serious shakeup these two seem to becoming addicted to failure and I do not know if any coach can change things enough

For some reason I am not that pessimistic, Nets have serious flaws. They are definitely beatable (without Harden)

Why in gods name horst for you guys couldnt praise him enough for this roster he put together but because bud continues to make poor decisions firing our HC isnt enough you want horst gone as well.Absolutely amazing the hatred for the GM who has done alot to get this team into a championship

I agree with this. This isn't a Horst problem. It's a Bud problem. Except, if the Bucks do flame out and Horst refuses to get rid of Bud (they seem to be tied to the hip), then Horst has to go.

The Bucks can win this series if Bud actually coaches what's in front of him. But he has these ridiculous theories that don't work against good teams. I mean, what idiot would let a 38% three point shooter wide open 9 times in a game as part of a conscious strategy? Leaving a 38% shooter wide open makes the guy a 45-50% shooter. And we even have posters who think that was a good idea.

Yes Blake shot better than average. So did Harris. And Kyrie and Durant shot below average (4-14). Bottom line, a 39.4% 3 point shooting team shot 37.5% yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Of course the defense could be better. It always could be better. But it was the offense that cost us the game. Brick by brick.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#335 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:39 pm

BigO wrote:
Daver wrote:

He wasn't left wide open 9 times, stopped lying. He missed all his contested 3s, though that is the point your making.

However, Bud's theories did kind of work, as based on shot quality, the Bucks were expected to make 5 more 3s and win.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#336 » by LuessiT » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:54 pm

randy84 wrote:Must be the Bucks board when people are complaining about Teague's 14 mins while casually overlooking Mid's and Jrue's putrid performance.

It's like complaining that the windshield wipers don't work in a car with two flat tires and a blown engine.

None is overlooking their performances.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,537

Post#337 » by th87 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:56 pm

knuckles862 wrote:As a neutral fan I think you guys have some positives.

No matter what the nets can't stop you inside. I thought you guys could of just targeted KD by posting him when he guards Lopez or giannas. He clearly is too small to resist that.

I know it's the 3pt era but when you get layups at will you can still beat the other team. You guys started jacking bad 3s and that's when the game got away from you.

Obviously holiday, Middleton, and the bench stunk it up I doubt that happens to that degree again.

Blake was wide open the strategy wasn't too bad just don't give him alot of time to shoot. Just the few times you guys half ran out at him is when he missed.

That's the most alarming thing - we have so many positives, but are too stupid to use them.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#338 » by fan230 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:03 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Khris cannot go 6-23
Jrue cannot go 7-19
Blake cannot outwork the entire team all night.
Teague cannot not play meaningful minutes again.

One bad game. On to the next.

When Khris and Jrue are so bad on offense, the defense too will suffer as many have mentioned.

Khris is a great shooter but he was terrible yesterday.

Jrue’s shooting is nowhere in the class of Khris and that is a big drawback. He was also worse in offense than he usually is. Also his lockdown defense wasn’t seen yesterday.

If these two continue to be miserable in their shooting, we have zero chance of winning. Our defense will also cave in, as a result of our poor scoring from khris and jrue.

Starting pat is better than starting pj but it is unlikely to move the needle much unless it happens to be a hot shooting day for pat.

I wonder whether Bud should think out of the box and play Bryant more than zero minutes.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#339 » by Coach Carter » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:10 pm

Nash seems hell bent on stopping anyone not named Giannis as he knows he will still "get his". Why don't we follow suit? We're not stopping KD and for the most part kyrie. I said it before game 1, we need to contest their catch n shoot guys. Joe fkn harris with 19 points. Also Blake is going to keep hitting 3s if we leave him open. It sucks because brook can kill them inside but is too slow to rush out to the perimeter to defend blake. I don't know what we do here. Do we go smaller to get more mobile? Or just say fk it, take our chances leaving blake open n continue beating them up inside? With joe harris though, absolutely no excuse leaving him open. Khris needs to do much better but at the same time I worry bud is not changing anything with his defensive approach.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#340 » by Isocleas2 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:22 pm

Despite all that went wrong in game 1 I'm still hopeful for the series if Harden is out. I mean flopping in game 1 then backdoor sweeping is kind of a hallmark Bucks move (Boston/Magic).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks