ImageImage

PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,728

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#321 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 am

High post Giannis, Khris and Jrue outside Brook alternating the corner and low post, Giannis high/low. We need to crash the boards too.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#322 » by Antinomy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am

yannisk wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Would not blame the refs one bit if they called a violation every time on Giannis FT. He consistently takes 12-13 seconds and that’s after holding his hand up to do that fake shot before allowing the ref to give him the ball.

It’s a clear violation AND it’s leading to poor results. How do you choose to stick with that?

I want them to give him a violation as soon as they give him the ball and he gives them back and starts doing his imaginary shooting

Happened once earlier where a ref gave him the ball at the FT line & he tried to give it back but they said no.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#323 » by DanoMac » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 am

ejn1214 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Jrue sounded a little salty in his postgame comments he wants the ball and more opportunities to run the show. It was so much pressure on Bud Giannis and Khris they just stuck to their circle of trust

He has no reason to be salty. He played like crap

I feared there was drama with Giannis playing off ball and jrue running the show.

After game 1 or 2 againt Miami, Shaq asked Giannis postgame about deferring the ball unlike previous years and “how hard was it for you to do that” and Giannis, while being refreshingly honest, straight up said it was “very difficult” to not be controlling the offense. Was a little concerning
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,941

Post#324 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:21 am

God I wish I could've watched this.

Cold a55 spin move by Jrue. KD was like QUE?

Bledsoe isn't doing that.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,022

Post#325 » by RiotPunch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:23 am

DanoMac wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:He has no reason to be salty. He played like crap

I feared there was drama with Giannis playing off ball and jrue running the show.

After game 1 or 2 againt Miami, Shaq asked Giannis postgame about deferring the ball unlike previous years and “how hard was it for you to do that” and Giannis, while being refreshingly honest, straight up said it was “very difficult” to not be controlling the offense. Was a little concerning

It was so obvious tonight that he truly feels like he's gotta make **** happen on his own. His 1st quarter was great, then went 2.75 quarters of headache inducing iso nonsense. Luckily he realized Khris was cooking in the knick of time down the stretch to defer.

Really problematic moving forward.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#326 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:27 am

Wonka wrote:I find it hard to believe that there aren’t members of the team, the staff and the front office who want Giannis to shoot less jumpers, but who is going to tell him that? I think we have surrounded our star with a bunch of “yes men.”

Giannis is a nice dude. That's the problem. No one's trying to step on his toes. He has their back, they have his.

It's a confidence thing too. He thinks he needs a 3 to fall back on when he can't drive or hit FTs.

He had that with J Kidd ("no 3pt shots"), when he should've been taking a few more 3s.

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#327 » by RiotPunch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Giannis is getting killed a bit, but dude was a beast in that first quarter.

They moved the ball and he reaped the rewards, then they nonsensicallly reverted to gross horse blinder blunders.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,337

Post#328 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 am

On those 3 attempts. What happened to the days in the regular season where he takes 2-3 steps forward then has forbes or another perimeter shooting running behind him at the 3pt line and Giannis passes backward forming a natural screen?

Giannis got a **** ton of easy assists that way. Why has that play completely disappeared in the playoffs?
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#329 » by RiotPunch » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#330 » by Fotis St » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 am

Unique wrote:After a one year hiatus, Zelico Obradovic has decided to return back to action and he's waiting for offers.

Huge chance for the Bucks to get a real coach on the bench!

Hooooooooooooooorst ... save yourself , save the Bucks ... sign Obradovic right now.
We the majority of the die hard fans demand changes. Cavs coach Lue kept the X&Os from Blatt and won the Championship. Obradovic is multiple times better than Blatt on everything. He is the Kobe of coaches, his pedigree screams Winner-Champion, he will not choke and he adapts on the fly. He is like a Professor, and demands professionalism. I am telling you 1000% he will put the ball on Jrue's hands. Jrue is like Diamantidis probably his favourite player ever. It is an easy adjustment for him cause all our players are coachable and our players fit his style of preference.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#331 » by Fotis St » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 am

Antinomy wrote:
yannisk wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Would not blame the refs one bit if they called a violation every time on Giannis FT. He consistently takes 12-13 seconds and that’s after holding his hand up to do that fake shot before allowing the ref to give him the ball.

It’s a clear violation AND it’s leading to poor results. How do you choose to stick with that?

I want them to give him a violation as soon as they give him the ball and he gives them back and starts doing his imaginary shooting

Happened once earlier where a ref gave him the ball at the FT line & he tried to give it back but they said no.

At this point I think his ego is over his head. He doesn't even care about his reputation, his legacy etc ... I would feel embarrassed if opponents crowd were counting 10 sec on every game. He lets everybody clown him. Please Giannis, plant your right foot, take a breath, bounce the ball 3 times, fumble it in front of your heart and stroke the god ***** ball, just shoot it. Everybody at this point expect you miss them, at least keep your dignity. I don't even care if you miss them all, at least you keep your dignity. We still love you.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#332 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:25 am

Just finished watching.

Giannis shooting 3s
At this point I am sure that coach allows this. It is possible to shoot 2 or 3 per game "in the heat of moment". But if you shoot 8 then it is allowed. Why is it allowed? Well, the only possible explanation is that Giannis need 100% freedom in order to play confident and aggressive. If coach gives him any orders whatsoever then Giannis need to think about something and he is clearly bad when he has to think. So Bud gives him 100% green light to go out there not thinking about anything. It is what it is.

Middleton
No way to plan anything with this guy. Las Vegas must love him. The thing is: we completely depend on this guy. That is scary thing.

Jrue
He spend so much energy at defense that he has nothing left for offense. He gave his 100% to slow down Irving and it worked.

Lopez
Embarrassing that Brown scored over him like that in paint in 2nd quarter. But he played great rim protection in 2nd half. We also clearly gave up of using him in paint at offense and now use him as spacer again.

Bud
HIs changes: more minutes for our main guys, Lopez as spacer

Overall
It will not be sweep. Lets prolong this series as much as possible. The Nets didnt play together all season long and their main guys log big minutes. Their stamina may be problem for them and when players play tired they can get injury as well. Not wishing that but they have injury history, play a lot of minutes and missed a lot of regular season. Everything is possible. Just keep playing.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#333 » by DutchManDanFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 am

Fotis St wrote:Please Giannis, plant your right foot, take a breath, bounce the ball 3 times, fumble it in front of your heart and stroke the god ***** ball, just shoot it. Everybody at this point expect you miss them, at least keep your dignity. I don't even care if you miss them all, at least you keep your dignity. We still love you.

Only 1 bounce please. And with the second FT shoot it quickly and go for the offensive rebound.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#334 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:47 am

Sigra wrote:. Their stamina may be problem for them and when players play tired they can get injury as well. Not wishing that but they have injury history, play a lot of minutes and missed a lot of regular season. Everything is possible. Just keep playing.

You pretty much cast the hopefully injure them card.

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#335 » by Diggr14 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:47 am

Giannis should be getting the ball in the high post more than he does. He's trying to be KD. He dominates the paint like no player since shaq or dwight howard back in the day. He does it differently than them.. but end result is, he can get to the basket and dunk the ball from the free throw line in a matter of steps. He's that athletic and powerful. Why he thinks he is a 3 point shooter is the lowest IQ basketball cringeworthy situation I have seen so far in the playoffs.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#336 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:49 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Please Giannis, plant your right foot, take a breath, bounce the ball 3 times, fumble it in front of your heart and stroke the god ***** ball, just shoot it. Everybody at this point expect you miss them, at least keep your dignity. I don't even care if you miss them all, at least you keep your dignity. We still love you.

Only 1 bounce please. And with the second FT shoot it quickly and go for the offensive rebound.

For the second fta, practice & perfect self assisted putback dunks.

Suddenly, the narrative becomes Giannis could be going for the 2-5pt play. Giannis FT earns it's own pseudonym & legend.

If they send him to the line again by wrapping him up before the putback, is it worth another possible 2 or 3 points?

Touchpass
Bench Warmer
And1: 305

Post#337 » by Touchpass » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:56 am

Antinomy wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:Jrue sounded a little salty in his postgame comments he wants the ball and more opportunities to run the show. It was so much pressure on Bud Giannis and Khris they just stuck to their circle of trust

Khris tries to get guys involved. He runs plays for other guys. He calls out mismatches. He’s probably the only guy who those it Lopez on the block consistently.

It’s when Giannis touches the ball that the movement does.

Everybody has to go their designated spot & *hope* he throws them a good pass.

I noticed twice in the first when Giannis was bringing the ball up and missed Jrue sprinting the sideline. Similar to when Khris was pushing up the floor and actually made the pass to Jrue. Jrue got PJ a wide open look from 3. Mark Jackson made the comment on Jrue being a point guard who doesn’t have the ball. Even though he’s more of a hybrid guard it’s gotta be tough playing with a point guard that’s really a center with very few point guard skills.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#338 » by Plossum » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:12 am

Watched the first and last Qs again. Giannis was getting in the paint at will. I really don't get his jacking up so many threes. Agree it was like he was almost trying to make a point that he could make those shots.

Thought Tucker was excellent. Really made KD work and always hustling on the offensive boards. Did his job. Brook had some great defensive plays in the fourth but it'd be useful to get him some looks.

Midds was the best out there for us. He's gotta keep it up though. Jrue struggled but he's at least no mental midget like Bled when things aren't going his way. Bled wouldn't have made that play to give up the lead.

For the next game, keep it simple. Focus Giannis on getting to the paint and good things tend to happen. Move the ball some more to get others some looks. Keep up the aggressive D.

Crowd will be nuts for game 4.
#LockUpChuck
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#339 » by raysbookclub » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 am

What bothered me more even than the 3 pt attempts was how Giannis kept falling away shooting from the post. With hesitation or a little hitch so it’s that much more off balance.

Also his turnovers not catching the ball off the pick and rolls. Don’t know if that’s fatigue, but catch the ball first, then make your move.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#340 » by Nightfall » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 am

It was around 2am here, the score was 30-9 if I remember correctly.
I had to wake up really early and had an imporant meeting today.
So I thought damn I am about to miss a dominant game from us, but we got this, so do the wise thing and sleep...
Next morning, boy was I wrong :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks