ImageImage

PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: PG Nets Game 3 - Survive and Alive 

Post#361 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Remember when you were so excited because Giannis's FT% was going up recently and I said wait don't hold your breath, it always tanks in the POs?
He's 51.9% in 7 games, and 12.5% from 3 LOL
On 4.6 attempts...

JFC. Get out of your own head dude.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#362 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:01 pm

I refuse to believe this team can be this offensively inept over the course of an entire playoff series. Think we're all happy about staving off elimination, but dear god, if the collective light bulb doesn't go off for these guys starting next game, it's gonna be another gentleman's sweep for Brooklyn much like they did to Boston.

Jrue has been so **** bad that it's like watching Playoff Bledsoe all over again....
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,947

Post#363 » by soxperry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I refuse to believe this team can be this offensively inept over the course of an entire playoff series. Think we're all happy about staving off elimination, but dear god, if the collective light bulb doesn't go off for these guys starting next game, it's gonna be another gentleman's sweep for Brooklyn much like they did to Boston.

Jrue has been so **** bad that it's like watching Playoff Bledsoe all over again....

Jrue was bad offensively today but i wouldnt go that far.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#364 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm

soxperry wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I refuse to believe this team can be this offensively inept over the course of an entire playoff series. Think we're all happy about staving off elimination, but dear god, if the collective light bulb doesn't go off for these guys starting next game, it's gonna be another gentleman's sweep for Brooklyn much like they did to Boston.

Being a theoretical upgrade on offense is the entire reason you acquired him.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#365 » by jschligs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:10 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Yup, Jrue has been atrocious so far this post season. Can't seem to handle the ball, bad passes, and can't hit the broad side of a barn.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#366 » by ABucksFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:12 pm

Our offense yesterday is what people thought BKN's offense would look like when the "Big 3" assembled people, ISO ISO ISO, ball stoppers everywhere. Instead BKN's offense looked like what people thought our offense would look like. Take some time to check out the boxscore, it's ABSOLUTELY disgusting.

ISO ISO ISO only works so much, there comes a point where if people don't get touches or involved they just fade from the game. ISO ISO then rubs off on people, they start forcing bad shots and refuse to move the ball because they know they aren't getting it back. Huge domino effect.

Giannis please for the love of god, stop pulling up from 3. Momentum killer, free possession for the other team etc etc. Just such low bball IQ.

Tucker was awesome, IDC what people say.

Jrue has been bad offensively, but defensively still there. He's still a way better upgrade than Bledsoe. Clutch moments he's still there as well.

We aren't stopping KD or Kyrie, but at least make them work for buckets.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#367 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 pm

jschligs wrote:Yup, Jrue has been atrocious so far this post season.

I mean he's kinda stunk it up offensively this series but even not scoring that efficiently I'd say he was extremely far from atrocious in the Miami series.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#368 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm

jschligs wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Yup, Jrue has been atrocious so far this post season. Can't seem to handle the ball, bad passes, and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Ball security is even worse than Bledsoe. He is very lucky not to have another 12-15 turnovers in the playoffs. He's constantly throwing passes that get deflected and lucking out when it goes to a teammate or out of bounds off the defender.

He's not letting it affect his defense as much as Bledsoe did, and he's still finishing, at least when he gets to the rim without fumbling the ball away. So, a little better than Bledsoe... but underperforming relative to salary and assets invested significantly more than Bledsoe, which is what matters because it's not fair to just compare them directly; you have to compare Jrue to what else they could have gotten for that trade package and that salary in order to litigate the move appropriately.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,235

Post#369 » by Sigra » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm

At least Jrue spent a lot of energy at defense defending Irving.

At the same time our DPOY was defending Blake. At least in theory. In reality he didnt defend anyone. 0 fouls in 40+ minutes. He didnt even try to raise hand on that Harris 3. If we want to be honest Giannis was resting at defense. Saving energy for hero ball at offense.

Middleton also had easy job at defense as main Harris defender. Its like Bud said "Giannis and Middleton play offense. Other guys defense".
ABucksFan
Sixth Man

Post#370 » by ABucksFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:19 pm

Sigra wrote:At least Jrue spent a lot of energy at defense defending Irving.

At the same time our DPOY was defending Blake. At least in theory. In reality he didnt defend anyone. 0 fouls in 40+ minutes. He didnt even try to raise hand on that Harris 3. If we want to be honest Giannis was resting at defense. Saving energy for hero ball at offense.

Middleton also had easy job at defense as main Harris defender. Its like Bud said "Giannis and Middleton play offense. Other guys defense".

Yeah, that's why I don't get the Jrue slander going on. Dude is playing ELITE DEFENSE...of course offensively he may be a little off when he's exerting that much energy.

People talk about MIDS DEF, but he hasn't done jack. I can remember maybe 1 or 2 good DEF possessions on KD. For all the rest Khris and Giannis are getting on D, they have been dog on offense this series.

Saw so many uncontested jumpshots where Giannis had a chance to defend. Literally gave Kyrie buckets. MAKE THEM WORK.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#371 » by emunney » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Putting aside the atrocious choices offensively, there were two huge positives in this one:

1) the defense.
2) winning after being down 3 with 1:23 to go.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#372 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:

I mean he's kinda stunk it up offensively this series but even not scoring that efficiently I'd say he was extremely far from atrocious in the Miami series.

He wasn't nearly as good as his numbers IMO. The shooters buoyed his assist numbers and he was lucky to not have a lot more turnovers. Finishing was good against Miami, but other shooting was beyond atrocious. Defense was overrated, as Dragic had little trouble against him. Defense is better in this series, but handling and offense are every bit as bad as Bledsoe.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,499

Post#373 » by RogerMurdock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm

DanoMac wrote:After game 1 or 2 againt Miami, Shaq asked Giannis postgame about deferring the ball unlike previous years and “how hard was it for you to do that” and Giannis, while being refreshingly honest, straight up said it was “very difficult” to not be controlling the offense. Was a little concerning

I don't think that's concerning at all. He was being honest. He's used to being the guy initiating the offense and when he's not, that's tough to deal with. He didn't say he won't do what the coach says. I would imagine changing roles would be difficult for anyone.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,586

Post#374 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Listening to the timeout mic'd up segment again, and one coach sounds like he's trying to coach the game while the other sounds like he's reading key terms from a basketball for idiots book.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#375 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:24 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

He wasn't nearly as good as his numbers IMO.

Disagree.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ABucksFan
Sixth Man

Post#376 » by ABucksFan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Listening to the timeout mic'd up segment again, and one coach sounds like he's trying to coach the game while the other sounds like he's reading key terms from a basketball for idiots book.

Nash was giving actionable directions...Bud was....uh..talking.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#377 » by SirChurros » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm

emunney wrote:Putting aside the atrocious choices offensively, there were two huge positives in this one:

1) the defense.
2) winning after being down 3 with 1:23 to go.

Was the defense really that good, though? Brooklyn missed A LOT of looks they normally make.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#378 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:31 pm

The thing is guys, we are a good 3pt shooting team. All year we shot 39% from 3, we were 4th in the league.
And then all of a sudden in this series we shoot 22.7% ??? Forget Giannis, I'm talking Khris, Forbes, Jrue, Tucker, all of a sudden nobody can shoot. You can't tell me this is because of Kyrie's and Joe Harris's amazing defense, come on now.

It will come back, at some point it will. As long as it's not too late.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#379 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:33 pm

midranger wrote:I’m obviously channeling my inner Larry David, but…

It feels like the way the Bucks play, more specifically the way Giannis is playing, is just disrespectful to the game of basketball.

I never thought I'd say this, but Giannis is unwatchable right now. The shot selection, selfishness, and continued embarrassment at the line is brutal. Personally, I'd be just fine if the refs called 10 seconds on him every time. If the coaches aren't going to make him shorten his stupidly long routine, maybe some pressure from the refs will help.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#380 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:The thing is guys, we are a good 3pt shooting team. All year we shot 39% from 3, we were 4th in the league.
And then all of a sudden in this series we shoot 22.7% ??? Forget Giannis, I'm talking Khris, Forbes, Jrue, Tucker, all of a sudden nobody can shoot. You can't tell me this is because of Kyrie's and Joe Harris's amazing defense, come on now.

It will come back, at some point it will. As long as it's not too late.

I'd say the shooting is down because of a complete lack of ball movement. It's all iso ball right now, and there are very few open, in-rhythm looks to be had. Running an actual offense would definitely help.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks