PG: Bucks Slam Nets - Series Even

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: PG: Bucks Slam Nets - Series Even 

Post#401 » by mke_design » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Why are people wasting their time like this tho
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,033

Post#402 » by midranger » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Jesus. Basketball play.

Move on.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,739

Post#403 » by yannisk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Nobody can be completely unbiased even if they try, There is definitely many more Nets fans that complain about this play while the majority of Bucks fans (or at least the posters here) consider it a normal play.

What I find interesting is that the people that came strongly with the ''trade Giannis" after the previous game also complain strongly about his play. Maybe they are the more objective ones and their Bucks fandom is perfectly balancing a certain dislike they have for Giannis's game and at the same time maybe the ones that find nothing wrong about this play let their Bucks and Giannis fandom blind them.

I will check again in the main board to see what neutrals think (if there is such thing as a true neutral) but last time I checked the majority agreed with the majority here
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#404 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 pm

yannisk wrote:What I find interesting is that the people that came strongly with the ''trade Giannis" after the previous game also complain strongly about his play.

Yeeeeahhhhhh I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. :lol:
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#405 » by emunney » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
emunney wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Are some of you people blind? You can't box out a guy from behind and take his leg out from under him at height of his jump. It's not just about the landing space. Watch it until you see the left leg clipped. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

That's definitely not what happened. Kyrie was landing on one foot before Giannis was in the frame. He landed on top of Giannis with his left leg, Giannis didn't take his leg out at the height of his jump.

Okay, it was probably a moment after the apex of the jump, but Kyrie's left foot comes down on Giannis's left knee. You can't do that from 5 feet away unless you're undercutting. Yes, Kyrie jumped a tiny bit to the left and to the rear and his left foot swung out a little too, but roughly 90% of the distance between Giannis's feet and Kyrie's was covered by Giannis right after the jump. That's a clear undercut in my book.

YMMV but I don't really consider it an undercut/bridge without the lateral contact to actually cut the guy's legs out. Looks to me like the only contact was Kyrie coming down on him. It's the under without the cut. It's not really the same thing if the guy doesn't rotate in the air and land somewhere on their upper body.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,010

Post#406 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:34 pm

yannisk wrote:Nobody can be completely unbiased even if they try, There is definitely many more Nets fans that complain about this play while the majority of Bucks fans (or at least the posters here) consider it a normal play.

What I find interesting is that the people that came strongly with the ''trade Giannis" after the previous game also complain strongly about his play. Maybe they are the more objective ones and their Bucks fandom is perfectly balancing a certain dislike they have for Giannis's game and at the same time maybe the ones that find nothing wrong about this play let their Bucks and Giannis fandom blind them.

I will check again in the main board to see what neutrals think (if there is such thing as a true neutral)

what makes giannis a great player defensively is much the same thing that makes marcus smart great defensively. its not that they are dirty..... i dont think either of them do anything intentionally. but they are def more prone to making dangerous plays. like it or not guys who make a career of dangerous plays develop reputations for being dirty whether its fair or not.

i dont want giannis to stop making plays of aggression. its what makes him great thats not what this is about. he is a great player no question about it.

im on the trade giannis train especially if we cant close out the harden/irving/dinwiddie-less nets or we scrape by them then get beat by the sixers with embiids knee all torn up.

if we do whup both these teams moving forward with giannis showing a mental gear he hasnt shown before.....nobody would be happier than me to be wrong.

but if we lose with this pussy train road to the finals than yes.... his contract and his trade value i would explore moving. that shouldnt make me a giannis hater. im not.... at all.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#407 » by TD75 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:36 pm

I do not think it is that difficult of a discussion.

It was a reckless play from Giannis. Unfortunately Kyrie was injured in that play.

When Green placed himself in front of Giannis to get Giannis to commit an offensive foul when driving was also a very reckless play. The Nets were rewarded with a foul on Giannis. Fortunately, no one was injured. Everyone moved on.

The playoffs are full of reckless plays. Many of the "winning plays" (diving for the ball, boxing out extremely aggressively) are reckless plays with chances of injury. They are celebrated from fans though as "winning plays". In fact, I would go as far as to say that many fans expect from their teams to employ those plays in the playoffs and complain when players do not show the "intensity" required.

So yes, in my opinion Giannis' play was reckless but I find a lot of the analysis of this play to be highly hypocritical.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
mkegb
Bench Warmer
And1: 548

Post#408 » by mkegb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 pm

I guess it’s good that we’re arguing about whether or not Giannis was careless on a rebound and not Buds terrible offense. So progress is good.

Who really cares whether or not Giannis was careless on a rebound. He constantly has people at his legs and taking them out when they flop every game multiple times. That is bound to cause an injury we’re just lucky it hasn’t.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#409 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:42 pm

emunney wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
emunney wrote:
That's definitely not what happened. Kyrie was landing on one foot before Giannis was in the frame. He landed on top of Giannis with his left leg, Giannis didn't take his leg out at the height of his jump.

Okay, it was probably a moment after the apex of the jump, but Kyrie's left foot comes down on Giannis's left knee. You can't do that from 5 feet away unless you're undercutting. Yes, Kyrie jumped a tiny bit to the left and to the rear and his left foot swung out a little too, but roughly 90% of the distance between Giannis's feet and Kyrie's was covered by Giannis right after the jump. That's a clear undercut in my book.

YMMV but I don't really consider it an undercut/bridge without the lateral contact to actually cut the guy's legs out. Looks to me like the only contact was Kyrie coming down on him. It's the under without the cut. It's not really the same thing if the guy doesn't rotate in the air and land somewhere on their upper body.

the vast majority of undercuts there is still some forward motion of the offensive player. thats what causes the legs to cut. in this case kyrie went straight up and straight down. a little different version of it. not sure which is better but im sure kyrie doesnt care.
mkegb
Bench Warmer
And1: 548

Post#410 » by mkegb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:43 pm

OMG with the trade Giannis bs…
Who the hell are you gonna trade him for that will improve the team?
I’m sure you’re like coolhand that think DDV is improving and is only gonna get better and is better for this team than Bogdan… :roll:
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#411 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:45 pm

TD75 wrote:I do not think it is that difficult of a discussion.

It was a reckless play from Giannis. Unfortunately Kyrie was injured in that play.

When Green placed himself in front of Giannis to get Giannis to commit an offensive foul when driving was also a very reckless play. The Nets were rewarded with a foul on Giannis. Fortunately, no one was injured. Everyone moved on.

The playoffs are full of reckless plays. Many of the "winning plays" (diving for the ball, boxing out extremely aggressively) are reckless plays with chances of injury. They are celebrated from fans though as "winning plays". In fact, I would go as far as to say that many fans expect from their teams to employ those plays in the playoffs and complain when players do not show the "intensity" required.

So yes, in my opinion Giannis' play was reckless but I find a lot of the analysis of this play to be highly hypocritical.

good post. playing with reckless abandon is associated with more fouls, more injuries and great defense.

thats exactly what that play was...... a combination of all 3.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#412 » by emunney » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:46 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

the vast majority of undercuts there is still some forward motion of the offensive player. thats what causes the legs to cut. in this case kyrie went straight up and straight down. a little different version of it. not sure which is better but im sure kyrie doesnt care.

Yes agree. This is much more like Zaza/Bruce Bowen getting under a jumpshooter, but I don't think Giannis did this on purpose. Regardless it's semantics -- I just think the thing I'm talking about is a lot more dangerous as it can lead to head/neck/back injuries. Not to say that **** up your ankle doesn't really suck.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,530

Post#413 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:48 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:This is getting grassy knoll scrutiny

Kyrie went back and to the left.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#414 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:51 pm

emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney wrote:

Yes agree. This is much more like Zaza/Bruce Bowen getting under a jumpshooter, but I don't think Giannis did this on purpose. Regardless it's semantics -- I just think the thing I'm talking about is a lot more dangerous as it can lead to head/neck/back injuries. Not to say that **** up your ankle doesn't really suck.

yeah semantics. no way it was on purpose. it was not a "dirty play" and giannis is about the last player i would ever describe as a "dirty player". thats something i reserve for guys who do this kind of thing intentionally usually to make up for the athleticism they lack. there is a goon element to it

still a fun discussion. we get to be rules nerds and thats not a common part of our dialogue here.
yannisk
Lead Assistant

Post#415 » by yannisk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:59 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
yannisk wrote:Nobody can be completely unbiased even if they try, There is definitely many more Nets fans that complain about this play while the majority of Bucks fans (or at least the posters here) consider it a normal play.

I will check again in the main board to see what neutrals think (if there is such thing as a true neutral)

what makes giannis a great player defensively is much the same thing that makes marcus smart great defensively. its not that they are dirty..... i dont think either of them do anything intentionally. but they are def more prone to making dangerous plays. like it or not guys who make a career of dangerous plays develop reputations for being dirty whether its fair or not.

i dont want giannis to stop making plays of aggression. its what makes him great thats not what this is about. he is a great player no question about it.

im on the trade giannis train especially if we cant close out the harden/irving/dinwiddie-less nets or we scrape by them then get beat by the sixers with embiids knee all torn up.

if we do whup both these teams moving forward with giannis showing a mental gear he hasnt shown before.....nobody would be happier than me to be wrong.

but if we lose with this pussy train road to the finals than yes.... his contract and his trade value i would explore moving. that shouldnt make me a giannis hater. im not.... at all.

As I said what I find interesting is whether we would have the same opinions depending on the players involved. If Giannis had twisted his ankle on Blake's foot I am certain this board would be up in arms while the Nets board would consider it a normal play. What I do not know is what would you think if Pat was involved, for example, in place of Giannis

the trade talk is a different topic
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#416 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:03 pm

mkegb wrote:OMG with the trade Giannis bs…
Who the hell are you gonna trade him for that will improve the team?

i dont know donovan mitchell, ingles, and rudy for giannis and lopez makes some sense. :lol:

maybe paul and booker too if were going there.

theres a 100 ideas with the value he has today.

bottom line we will learn alot over the next two series my man. if durant single handedly beats us or the sixers whup our ass with embiids knee all torn up i do promise you this..... i wont be the only one on this board thinking about it.

we should be the overwhelming eastern conference favorites right now. like lose 1 game the rest of the way to favorites out of the east. our talent advantage is that strong. lets hope thats the road we take. im rooting for it. love to see giannis reach that championship gear somehow and retire a buck. but if not.... this will another collapse for the 4th straight year. i'll be ready for a discussion.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#417 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:10 pm

As expected, I've seen nothing on Blake inentionally shoving Giannis in the back while he was in the air. One of the most dangerous and dirty plays you can do.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#418 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:12 pm

yannisk wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

As I said what I find interesting is whether we would have the same opinions depending on the players involved. If Giannis had twisted his ankle on Blake's foot I am certain this board would be up in arms while the Nets board would consider it a normal play. What I do not know is what would you think if Pat was involved, for example, in place of Giannis

the trade talk is a different topic

if pat was involved i would feel 100% the same. pat isnt a player who plays dirty but he is a bit reckless. from a rules standpoint my interpretation would be the same.

but it would probably not draw the dialogue a giannis or blake does tho. those guys obviously people already have strong emotions for on both sides
yannisk
Lead Assistant

Post#419 » by yannisk » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:16 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:we should be the overwhelming eastern conference favorites right now. like lose 1 game the rest of the way to favorites out of the east. our talent advantage is that strong.

Why do you think that?

Embiid - Giannis
Tobias - Khris
Simmons - Jrue
Curry - Forbes
Thybule - Pat
Hill - Teague
Howard - Tucker
Green - DDV

don't see much disparity they probably have the better role players and the home court

but if we lose to the Nets with only Durant playing our team needs serious changes and nobody should be safe
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#420 » by Sigra » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:30 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I haven't seen anyone here actually call it dirty (intentional and malicious) but rather just reckless and spazzy, which is different.

ok but that is Giannis. that spazzy is why he has all his troubles at offense too. he has huge body and doesnt control it as much as normal people do. if it was not intentional (and it was not) then why we have this discusion at all?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks