ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread 

Post#481 » by midranger » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:12 am

Bernman wrote:What a comeback. Tightened the d & that shot from Davis reinforced he's special. Practically had to one-hand it.

Looked a little like Kawhi to end the sixers in game 7.

Just saying
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,768

Post#482 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:23 am

That would have been a fun one to watch at the sports book
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#483 » by chonestown » Thu Dec 9, 2021 4:06 am

Diggr14 wrote:Soft. Move on.. forget they existed. That being said.. gotta fire Gard too. he is part of the problem.

<genuflects>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#484 » by chonestown » Thu Dec 9, 2021 4:10 am

buckboy wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Gard does indeed deserve to lose his job over this. While i think it’s pretty crappy for the leaks to happen and feel for him as person, it’s clear hes not ripe for this if they want to take another step as a program. On top of that he’s never going to recruit even to the level of Bo. They can do better and should be looking to do so.

Wow.

It's a meatball party.

<appends the phrase "lottery-level prospect" to John Davis>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#485 » by skones » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:28 am

Yeah, so, this is Johnny Davis' last ride in a Badger uniform. I've seen enough.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#486 » by RiotPunch » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:49 am

Johnny is #61 in HoopsHype's aggregate draft rankings (up 46 spots from the previous update). He's definitely played his way onto the NBA Draft radar. I doubt he leaves without a 1st round guarantee, which could well happen by season's end with the way he's playing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#487 » by Diggr14 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 10:02 am

He could go top 5 with 2 good years under his belt though. Even if he is going top 25.. and he can make this kind of leap the next season. He could play himself into the top 5. When it comes to next contract time, or year two extensions... teams do care where you were drafted. That does add premium to how they view you and how they pay you. Most players dont come into the NBA and play at an all-star level. They pay potential, pedigree.. and part of it is what they have invested in you too.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
midranger
RealGM

Post#488 » by midranger » Thu Dec 9, 2021 11:36 am

The refs had a really rough night. Glad it didn’t impact the outcome, but damn did Johnny get banged around all night. Also, that review out of bounds at the end. What’s the point of replay if you can’t get that one right?
chonestown
General Manager

Post#489 » by chonestown » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:35 pm

Diggr14 wrote:He could go top 5 with 2 good years under his belt though. Even if he is going top 25.. and he can make this kind of leap the next season. He could play himself into the top 5. When it comes to next contract time, or year two extensions... teams do care where you were drafted. That does add premium to how they view you and how they pay you. Most players dont come into the NBA and play at an all-star level. They pay potential, pedigree.. and part of it is what they have invested in you too.

He could not.

Juniors do not get drafted in the top 5.

-DCB
midranger
RealGM

Post#490 » by midranger » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:37 pm

Yeah, he gone.

He could be top-5 this year tbh.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#491 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:13 pm

Apparently my hot take from a few weeks ago wasn't hot enough - I said he wouldn't play four years here, but yeah, as he's continued to play up to this level I could see him leaving after this season. If he's a first round pick, he should go (I mean, as long as he wants to).

Off the top of my head/not looking at a draft board, I don't think he's a top 5 candidate. He's been shooting well, but I'm guessing not prolific enough for scouts to want to consider a SG that high in today's game. I think they'd want to see him consistently shooting 4-6 per game, with range, to consider that. It's just way too critical of a skill right now.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#492 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:13 pm

midranger wrote:The refs had a really rough night. Glad it didn’t impact the outcome, but damn did Johnny get banged around all night. Also, that review out of bounds at the end. What’s the point of replay if you can’t get that one right?

Johnny got hit in the face on both of these no-call dunks, lol.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#493 » by jute2003 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:36 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Apparently my hot take from a few weeks ago wasn't hot enough - I said he wouldn't play four years here, but yeah, as he's continued to play up to this level I could see him leaving after this season. If he's a first round pick, he should go (I mean, as long as he wants to).

Off the top of my head/not looking at a draft board, I don't think he's a top 5 candidate. He's been shooting well, but I'm guessing not prolific enough for scouts to want to consider a SG that high in today's game. I think they'd want to see him consistently shooting 4-6 per game, with range, to consider that. It's just way too critical of a skill right now.
I think he needs to show he can consistently produce and refine his skills a bit. He is an NBA athlete but not so much so that he'll be drafted in the first round strictly because of his measurables.
only a fan, only an opinion
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#494 » by DingleJerry » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:39 pm

What a crazy win, only gave up 17 pts 2H. Was kind of a surprisingly big game/win even though it was first conf game. Next conf game is at OSU, then Purdue. So after the good non conf they very easily could've been looking at 0-3 start which of course would put a damper on things. And even after those first 3 there is more vs the tougher teams, basically the 'easy' big ten teams are backloaded in the schedule.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#495 » by Bernman » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:10 pm

Diggr14 wrote:He could go top 5 with 2 good years under his belt though. Even if he is going top 25.. and he can make this kind of leap the next season. He could play himself into the top 5. When it comes to next contract time, or year two extensions... teams do care where you were drafted. That does add premium to how they view you and how they pay you. Most players dont come into the NBA and play at an all-star level. They pay potential, pedigree.. and part of it is what they have invested in you too.

Your stock doesn't go up from playing longer in college basketball as an already performing player.

And in some ways it's more lucrative to be a high 2nd rounder because you're a free agent sooner. So you can bet on yourself by going pro. There's also less of a risk w/ the extra 2-way deals now.

Worst case you'd get guaranteed millions a year sooner & won't have to worry about injury.

There's no reason to stay, unless you really like the college experience. You could regret that though.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#496 » by emunney » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:13 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Johnny is #61 in HoopsHype's aggregate draft rankings (up 46 spots from the previous update). He's definitely played his way onto the NBA Draft radar. I doubt he leaves without a 1st round guarantee, which could well happen by season's end with the way he's playing.

No way in hell I'd let him get out of the 1st round. Would be nuts.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#497 » by Bernman » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:26 pm

emunney wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Johnny is #61 in HoopsHype's aggregate draft rankings (up 46 spots from the previous update). He's definitely played his way onto the NBA Draft radar. I doubt he leaves without a 1st round guarantee, which could well happen by season's end with the way he's playing.

Danny Green's height in normal shoes and wingspan was about 6'6 & 6'10, respectively. If Davis posted that, he'd be a good candidate for the Bucks' small forward option going fw. So I'd make that guarantee in that case.

If they trade Donte for a bigger 3&d&r wing, that guy's only going to be around for 1-2 seasons max. So he'd need to be replaced & one way would be thru our draft pick we are mandated to keep this year.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
chonestown
General Manager

Post#498 » by chonestown » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:29 pm

emunney wrote:

I would give him an offer he couldn't refuse. The offer would be a guarantee of a first round selection, which he couldn't refuse.

-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#499 » by DingleJerry » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:35 pm

I agree with the Davis hype and all, and generally I do expect him to leave and be a late 1st or a 2nd rounder. But, to try and devils advocate a bit I'd have some concerns on his 3 ball or want to see more. It's not a perfect looking shot as the elbow pops out a bit, so there could be some concern on how that will translate especially from 3 more feet back. Plus of course he shoots a low volume of them at UW so not much to go off. Which, of course we can only watch games but a scout or pre draft camp stuff you can see him shoot thousands of shots so they'll know more than we can by just watching games. He sure seems to have that mid range shot on lock though so it's logically to think he'll keep improving from deep as well and that he's a good shooter even if form isn't perfect.

I suppose one thing that could help bring him back another year is the NIL stuff. Like yea NBA is a few million but late first early 2nds aren't huge huge amounts. So if he kills it this year and can lock in a good NIL deal like we're seeing in some other spots maybe it narrows the gap a bit, especially compared to pre NIL. But, that doesn't get him a year closer to his 2nd NBA contract which is a big reason to get pro asap
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
midranger
RealGM

Post#500 » by midranger » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:49 am

Jaden Ivey is top-10 in every mock I’ve checked and top-5 in a number of them.

Are they looking at PG potential for him? Because as a scoring guard, I like Davis’s potential as much or more.

My guess is everyone is about a month behind on him because he’s kind of come out of nowhere

Return to Milwaukee Bucks