ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#321 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Oct 9, 2021 1:24 am

RRyder823 wrote:
emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Haven't watched the new Chappelle, doesn't sound like there's any reason to, unless you want to watch the further descent of a once great comedian.

Still a great comedian with a huge, gross, harmful blindspot that he can't seem to stop turning toward. Very disappointing.
Haven't seen his new one (didn't even know there was a new one)

But his last stand up I saw was really good. What are you guys referring to?

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

I don't think he's had a good standup show since coming back to Netflix.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#322 » by drew881 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:14 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Still a great comedian with a huge, gross, harmful blindspot that he can't seem to stop turning toward. Very disappointing.
Haven't seen his new one (didn't even know there was a new one)

But his last stand up I saw was really good. What are you guys referring to?

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

I don't think he's had a good standup show since coming back to Netflix.

Referring to the weird obsession with transgender people. Dave is smart, but I dont get how he can’t grasp (or refuses to) the difference between biologically assigned sex and gender identity.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#323 » by ClassicJack » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:25 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't think he's had a good standup show since coming back to Netflix.

I see this a lot and I guess my question is, when did you start following Chappelle? He's literally the same guy. Some poignant sh*t mixed in with some incredibly silly and absurd sh*t.

I come to Chappelle for jokes and laughs but it seems like since he "came back from Africa" people are expecting MLK to do "I have a Dream" with jokes.

I'm just here for the comedy and I laughed more at this than all but probably his 2nd one on Netflix. He has lost the humility he had as a younger comedian but I can't knock him for realizing in real time that he's Dave f*ckin Chappelle.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#324 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Oct 9, 2021 2:39 am

ClassicJack wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't think he's had a good standup show since coming back to Netflix.

I see this a lot and I guess my question is, when did you start following Chappelle? He's literally the same guy. Some poignant sh*t mixed in with some incredibly silly and absurd sh*t.

I come to Chappelle for jokes and laughs but it seems like since he "came back from Africa" people are expecting MLK to do "I have a Dream" with jokes.

I'm just here for the comedy and I laughed more at this than all but probably his 2nd one on Netflix. He has lost the humility he had as a younger comedian but I can't knock him for realizing in real time that he's Dave f*ckin Chappelle.

When he was in Men in Tights was the first time I noticed him. I loved Killin' them Softly long before he had his show and I still think it's hilarious. Half Baked is a classic. I don't think Chappelle entirely sucks now because of his shi**y opinions (though that's part of it) and the crappy people he pals around with. I think his shows suck because he doesn't tell good jokes.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#325 » by MoreTrife » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Finn wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:Sick of Matt Amodio winning on Jeopardy!

Mrs. Finn & I are not! Amazing run.

Really good game! Almost felt like he threw it actually...why would he not wager everything on final Jeopardy?! And seemed like a question he'd get for sure. Weird.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,947

Post#326 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:39 am

I'm obsessed with true crime stuff, and finally got around to watching the Netflix doc on Chris Watts. I was surprised to see Zora as the news reporter about 20 minutes in. Random.
Read on Twitter
?lang=en
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#327 » by buckboy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Haven't watched the new Chappelle, doesn't sound like there's any reason to, unless you want to watch the further descent of a once great comedian.

It was awesome.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,481

Post#328 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:09 pm

This is why I leaked those Gruden emails.

Read on Twitter

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,283

Post#329 » by Finn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:12 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
Finn wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:Sick of Matt Amodio winning on Jeopardy!

Mrs. Finn & I are not! Amazing run.

Really good game! Almost felt like he threw it actually...why would he not wager everything on final Jeopardy?! And seemed like a question he'd get for sure. Weird.

Didn't respond till now as my wife & I watch the Monday night show during lunch on Tuesday.

It was a good game. I got the final question correct so clearly Matt & the others should have. I was sure he'd have bet it all. But since he needed the others to get it wrong, maybe he somehow figured betting something less made sense. :dontknow:

And I've felt like he's had enough for a week or so now based on a number of his bets. He commented in the show about being recognized in public; maybe that's not his cup of tea. We're gonna miss him.

I was hoping for the other contestant (if he was going to lose). Oh well...
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#330 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Re: chappelle

My guess is he made a few of those jokes and after the outrage he decided to do more and more because it was funny to him and he’s at the highest level of DGAF.

Two of my best friends in the world are transgender and they both think no one is off limits when it comes to comedy so who knows.

I tend to think in this particular interest it’s a bit overblown. With all the racism and bigotry Dave and his wife have put up with, I don’t believe he truly hates transgender people.

And unfortunately at the end of the day, all the controversy is doing is getting more eyes on his material which I’m sure he and Netflix are ok with.
Do it for Chuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#331 » by blazza18 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 pm

I wish this was about Mindhunter

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 348

Post#332 » by Mtsportsfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am

Loved mind hunters , it was the reason I got Netflix. Very disappointed it got cancelled. Kinda think Netflix programming has kinda stunk lately
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,887

Post#333 » by Plossum » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:31 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Re: chappelle

My guess is he made a few of those jokes and after the outrage he decided to do more and more because it was funny to him and he’s at the highest level of DGAF.

Two of my best friends in the world are transgender and they both think no one is off limits when it comes to comedy so who knows.

I tend to think in this particular interest it’s a bit overblown. With all the racism and bigotry Dave and his wife have put up with, I don’t believe he truly hates transgender people.

And unfortunately at the end of the day, all the controversy is doing is getting more eyes on his material which I’m sure he and Netflix are ok with.

I watched the special and didn't personally get why it caused people to pearl clutch so much. I don't think anything he said was unreasonable or hateful but I'm not transgender so can't say I can view it through the eyes of someone who has that lived experience.
#LockUpChuck
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#334 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:31 am

it doesn't seem like Chappelle is trying to make a joke about trans folks at this point. he just likes picking on them. he can say what he wants but don't fill your diaper when people don't like it... that's their right too.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,089

Post#335 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:52 am

Mtsportsfan wrote:Loved mind hunters , it was the reason I got Netflix. Very disappointed it got cancelled

What? How?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#336 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:55 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Mtsportsfan wrote:Loved mind hunters , it was the reason I got Netflix. Very disappointed it got cancelled

What? How?

In January 2020, Netflix announced that the potential for a third season was on indefinite hold as Fincher wanted to pursue other projects but may "revisit [the series] in the future"
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#337 » by jschligs » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:29 pm

I’m sure you’ve all mentioned it already as I’m usually late to your TV game, but Squid Game was awesome.

Also, Yellowstone season 4 2 hour premier 11/7!
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#338 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:08 pm

I just finished the fifth episode of Midnight Mass and it's incredible. Hamish Linklater's performance and arc are compelling. Matt Saracen, I mean Zach Gilford plays the addict seeking peace and redemption really well. I'm praying the ending is as satisfying as the series has been.

Anyone else watching/watched it?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#339 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#340 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=29Yt1jhlvh8QMAI37O8wHg&s=19

This made me laugh because I have a weird pet peeve against the blank baseball hat thing that's prevalent across TV and movies. My wife just rolls her eyes every time I rant about it lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks