:no:

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#702 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:49 pm

Book of Boba Fett feels like a watered down Mandalorian. Even the action sequences seem half-assed and low budget. Idk man, I'm just not sold on Boba Fett as an interesting enough character to build an entire series around. The whole "noble warrior" thing is weird considering it goes completely against his character history (he was a freakin' bounty hunter who allied himself with basically every bad guy in the original trilogy lol). Like most things Star Wars since Disney has touched it, just another show that seems more like fan fiction ("Boba Fett was so cool dude, what if they brought him back and made him a crime boss?") than actual compelling story-telling. Also, who was really clamoring for an entire series to be set on Tatooine, aka the most boring planet in the Star Wars universe?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#703 » by emunney » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:22 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Book of Boba Fett feels like a watered down Mandalorian. Even the action sequences seem half-assed and low budget. Idk man, I'm just not sold on Boba Fett as an interesting enough character to build an entire series around. The whole "noble warrior" thing is weird considering it goes completely against his character history (he was a freakin' bounty hunter who allied himself with basically every bad guy in the original trilogy lol). Like most things Star Wars since Disney has touched it, just another show that seems more like fan fiction ("Boba Fett was so cool dude, what if they brought him back and made him a crime boss?") than actual compelling story-telling. Also, who was really clamoring for an entire series to be set on Tatooine, aka the most boring planet in the Star Wars universe?

Series should be all about moisture farming.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#704 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Prez wrote:Dexter finale
Spoiler:
I liked the season as a whole but was really not a fan of the finale.

I was totally fine with Dexter dying, but it just felt incredibly rushed and there were interesting/more satisfying ending options they could’ve gone with including a Dexter/Batista interaction, which I felt was a major kick in the nuts to tease that and then go *nowhere* with it. There’s so much they could’ve shown with the fallout of the BHB/Kurt Caldwell murders being exposed, but nothing.

I also felt Dexter was uncharacteristically sloppy this season, I get he was “rusty” after years off but still. Loses his **** towards the end, killing Logan and going the nuclear route despite them not actually having any hard non-circumstantial evidence against him? Nothing concrete tying him to the BHB killings and the ketamine/m99 plot hole too. It was a really bad look obviously but a lawyer could’ve gotten him off.

And then the whole Harrison ending - Dexter is in his eyes the cause of him being so **** up…so the solution to that is him killing his own father and losing everything he grew attached to in Iron Lake? Sure lol

Spoiler:
It was definitely rushed. Arrested, breaks out and killed by his son in half an episode. And for the love of God don't have Batista be "on his way" and then never have him and Dexter together? Really? That would have been EPIC.

Overall I enjoyed the season. I hated the chief, poor acting. This would have been better played out over 2 seasons.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#705 » by jschligs » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:54 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Prez wrote:Dexter finale
Spoiler:
I liked the season as a whole but was really not a fan of the finale.

I was totally fine with Dexter dying, but it just felt incredibly rushed and there were interesting/more satisfying ending options they could’ve gone with including a Dexter/Batista interaction, which I felt was a major kick in the nuts to tease that and then go *nowhere* with it. There’s so much they could’ve shown with the fallout of the BHB/Kurt Caldwell murders being exposed, but nothing.

I also felt Dexter was uncharacteristically sloppy this season, I get he was “rusty” after years off but still. Loses his **** towards the end, killing Logan and going the nuclear route despite them not actually having any hard non-circumstantial evidence against him? Nothing concrete tying him to the BHB killings and the ketamine/m99 plot hole too. It was a really bad look obviously but a lawyer could’ve gotten him off.

And then the whole Harrison ending - Dexter is in his eyes the cause of him being so **** up…so the solution to that is him killing his own father and losing everything he grew attached to in Iron Lake? Sure lol

Spoiler:
It was definitely rushed. Arrested, breaks out and killed by his son in half an episode. And for the love of God don't have Batista be "on his way" and then never have him and Dexter together? Really? That would have been EPIC.

Overall I enjoyed the season. I hated the chief, poor acting. This would have been better played out over 2 seasons.

Spoiler:
Yea I felt they could've done a lot more. Like Angie could've wrestled with the fact that Dexter was the BHB but was for good, and after seeing Kurt's victims could've maybe been on the fence of it all. Turns out she just hated him, put clues together instantly that took Miami Metro years to figure out, and then brought Batista in only to never see him. All in all a great season and we finally got closure of some kind.

Also read that he'd be open to a spin off of Harrison in an interview.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#706 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:51 am

The “Bob Einstien” doc was a joy. I didn’t know a lot about 60’s and 70’s comedy. Heck, I didn’t even know Bob and Albert Brooks were brothers. Bob had some funny bits throughout his career, but the beauty of this doc were the glimpses back at that old variety show humor. And of course the affection all the people interviewed had for Bob.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#707 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:29 am

Licensed to Il wrote:The “Bob Einstien” doc was a joy. I didn’t know a lot about 60’s and 70’s comedy. Heck, I didn’t even know Bob and Albert Brooks were brothers. Bob had some funny bits throughout his career, but the beauty of this doc were the glimpses back at that old variety show humor. And of course the affection all the people interviewed had for Bob.

Regarded by many as the greatest joke teller of all time. And Super Dave was such a great bit ahead of its time.
Do it for Chuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#708 » by WRau1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:24 pm

I enjoyed this final season of Dexter but the finale was terrible.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,948

Post#709 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:03 pm

Finally watched The White Lotus. As someone who has spent a large majority of his life in hospitality, it hits super close to home. Armond goes to lengths we have all fantasized about going to when dealing with entitled douchebags who have never been told no.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#710 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:27 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:The “Bob Einstien” doc was a joy. I didn’t know a lot about 60’s and 70’s comedy. Heck, I didn’t even know Bob and Albert Brooks were brothers. Bob had some funny bits throughout his career, but the beauty of this doc were the glimpses back at that old variety show humor. And of course the affection all the people interviewed had for Bob.

"He said what's on the top of my mouth, dog says, "roof!", He said what's on this building, dog says, "roof". Who was the greatest hitter of all time, "Roof". Bartender throws them out of the glass window. Dog says, "do you think I should have said DiMaggio?"

Doesn't translate as well written with roof and Ruth but that one killed me. That and when he sprayed breath freshener in his mouth and said it was jizz.

Loved that doc, glad y'all posted about it or I may have missed it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#711 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Official 'I'm 7 episodes into Succession' character rankings:

Kendall
Greg
Connor
Frank
Marcia (iffy on not including her with the rest but for now she's fine)

... aaand no need to rank anyone else (who is at least mildly important thus far) because they all equally suck. Roman was at the top until the vote of no confidence debacle.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
emunney
RealGM

Post#712 » by emunney » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:40 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:Official 'I'm 7 episodes into Succession' character rankings:

Kendall
Greg
Connor
Frank

... aaand no need to rank anyone else (who is at least mildly important thus far) because they all equally suck. Roman was at the top until the vote of no confidence debacle.

Ballot ruled invalid without Tom

Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#713 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:49 pm

emunney wrote:

Kendall
Greg
Connor
Frank

I can definitely see the pendulum starting to swing back positive for Tom. Through the first few episodes though, he was a biiig swing-and-a-miss for me.

Starting his bachelor party ep now.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#714 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 pm

The Tom and Greg bromance is the fabric that holds Succession together. You either agree or you're wrong.
emunney
RealGM

Post#715 » by emunney » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:50 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
emunney wrote:

Kendall
Greg
Connor
Frank

I can definitely see the pendulum starting to swing back positive for Tom. Through the first few episodes though, he was a biiig swing-and-a-miss for me.

Oh man.
emunney
RealGM

Post#716 » by emunney » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 am

Iheartfootball wrote:

"He said what's on the top of my mouth, dog says, "roof!", He said what's on this building, dog says, "roof". Who was the greatest hitter of all time, "Roof". Bartender throws them out of the glass window. Dog says, "do you think I should have said DiMaggio?"

Doesn't translate as well written with roof and Ruth but that one killed me. That and when he sprayed breath freshener in his mouth and said it was jizz.

Neither here nor there, but are you aware that the genre of music played by the Mos Eisley Cantina band (I am CERTAIN this band has a name, but for the sake of this post it doesn't matter) is, canonically, "jizz"?
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#717 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:21 am

emunney wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Neither here nor there, but are you aware that the genre of music played by the Mos Eisley Cantina band (I am CERTAIN this band has a name, but for the sake of this post it doesn't matter) is, canonically, "jizz"?

Is their biggest hit a cover called “cum as you are”?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#718 » by crkone » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:20 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
emunney wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Is their biggest hit a cover called “cum as you are”?
Nah the singer of that band shot himself in the head. With a massive load.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#719 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:19 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:

Obligatory (extremely NSFW):

"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#720 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 pm

emunney wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
emunney wrote:

Oh man.

Update: Tom has definitely catapulted himself into very likable guy territory.

Conversely, Logan "Boar on the Floor" and Shiv "monogamous marriage isn't for me" Roy can rot in the most torturous depths of hell

Return to Milwaukee Bucks