emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,733

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#721 » by emunney » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
I can definitely see the pendulum starting to swing back positive for Tom. Through the first few episodes though, he was a biiig swing-and-a-miss for me.

Starting his bachelor party ep now.

Oh man.

Update: Tom has definitely catapulted himself into very likable guy territory.

Conversely, Logan "Boar on the Floor" and Shiv "monogamous marriage isn't for me" Roy can rot in the most torturous depths of hell

This absolutely annihilated me, particularly when Tom walks up

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#722 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:06 pm

The greg tomlette doesnt start to blossom until 2, Tom is pretty low on the scale outside of the bachelor party ep in S1
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#723 » by jschligs » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Anyone got a good movie to watch on any of the main streaming services (HBO Max included)? Just watched Free Guy and it was average.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#724 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 pm

jschligs wrote:Anyone got a good movie to watch on any of the main streaming services (HBO Max included)? Just watched Free Guy and it was average.

Ive recently heard from a couple people that Pig (Hulu) with Nicolas Cage is good. Has an 84% audience score on RT.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#725 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:01 am

Pounded through the new Dexter and I'm generally satisfied with it. Can always nitpick some things but overall nothing crazy or way out of line that makes you just completely eye roll. Even kept Deb in check where it wasn't overdone. Much better wrap up than previously done and not much to complain about imo.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#726 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:51 am

Nate in Euphoria has got to be the biggest arsehole/worst guy on TV.

Season 2 spoiler
Spoiler:
Glad Fez did what he did
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#727 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:50 pm

jschligs wrote:Anyone got a good movie to watch on any of the main streaming services (HBO Max included)? Just watched Free Guy and it was average.

"The Great Depresh" with Greg Gulman is not a movie, but its an hour long comedy special on HBO Max and its one of the most charming and thoughtful things I've seen in years. Gulman is genuinely funny, his comedy is built on clever observations and great sensitivity. But the special is also about destigmatizing depression, which he does with great vulnerability. The Great Depresh holds up on its own as a legit hour of comedy. But it will also draw you in as so much more. Really powerful programming.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#728 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:54 pm

I'm going to call it after three hours, "Book of Bobba Fett" is a trainwreck. Hard to construct an explanation of how the same people who did so much right on "Mandalorian" could make such a mess of an iconic character.

"How do we make this character gritty and menacing and convince everyone he is a worthy successor to a loathsome crime boss?"

"Let's make him old and take baths every night and wear pajammas and when a giant bounty hunter rips him out of his bathtub to kill him, let's have him get saved by a bunch of teen agers with robot parts who ride scooters"

Also, GTFO that 12 people could carry around two jabba the hutts on poles and a platform. Those things would weigh as much as elephants.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,041

Post#729 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:03 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:I'm going to call it after three hours, "Book of Bobba Fett" is a trainwreck. Hard to construct an explanation of how the same people who did so much right on "Mandalorian" could make such a mess of an iconic character.

"How do we make this character gritty and menacing and convince everyone he is a worthy successor to a loathsome crime boss?"

"Let's make him old and take baths every night and wear pajammas and when a giant bounty hunter rips him out of his bathtub to kill him, let's have him get saved by a bunch of teen agers with robot parts who ride scooters"

Also, GTFO that 12 people could carry around two jabba the hutts on poles and a platform. Those things would weigh as much as elephants.

I've honestly never understood this. People were really into Attack of the Clones? Or is this a Clone Wars thing?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#730 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Boba Fett was ultra-cool circa Empire Strikes back. He was the coolest looking dude, cool action figure etc.

He didn't really add anything to the story though. Any bounty hunter would've served the same purpose.

Iconic for being cool.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM

Post#731 » by emunney » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:I'm going to call it after three hours, "Book of Bobba Fett" is a trainwreck. Hard to construct an explanation of how the same people who did so much right on "Mandalorian" could make such a mess of an iconic character.

I've honestly never understood this. People were really into Attack of the Clones? Or is this a Clone Wars thing?

It's a "the toy looked cool" thing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#732 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Two that I really loved from 2020 are "The Kid Detective" and "Love and Monsters". Mentioned on here before but I don't think most have seen either.
emunney
RealGM

Post#733 » by emunney » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:22 pm

I'll probably get the Apple TV trial just to watch The Tragedy of Macbeth.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#734 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:27 pm

emunney wrote:I'll probably get the Apple TV trial just to watch The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Check out For All Mankind and Mythic Quest while you're at it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#735 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:12 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Two that I really loved from 2020 are "The Kid Detective" and "Love and Monsters". Mentioned on here before but I don't think most have seen either.

What platform is "The Kid Detective" on I've wanted to see it but had to rent and with all that I pay in subscription fees I resisted on principle.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,416

Post#736 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

What platform is "The Kid Detective" on I've wanted to see it but had to rent and with all that I pay in subscription fees I resisted on principle.

I think right now it's on Hulu

ETA, RS is right, it's on Starz, not Hulu. It also looks like it's on Spectrum's streaming platform if you have Spectrum
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#737 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

It's on Starz, and I have the channel through Prime. If you have Prime, I think they still might be running the promotion of some channels for $1 each a month. That's what I'm paying for Paramount+, Starz, and Showtime.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,416

Post#738 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:19 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:I'll probably get the Apple TV trial just to watch The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Check out For All Mankind and Mythic Quest while you're at it.

I really enjoyed For All Mankind. Speaking of which if you have Spectrum they have an original series, Joe Pickett, that stars Michael Dorman (Gordo in FAM). I enjoyed the first season, it's taken from some C.J. Box books. He has written 21 Joe Pickett books so the series could go a long time lol.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#739 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

It's on Starz, and I have the channel through Prime. If you have Prime, I think they still might be running the promotion of some channels for $1 each a month. That's what I'm paying for Paramount+, Starz, and Showtime.

Wait, what? $1? Thanks!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#740 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Wait, what? $1? Thanks!

I thought they were running the promotion through February. Hopefully it's not run out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks