ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Re: OT: TV and Movies 

Post#801 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Anyone watch See on Apple TV? I'm about 5 episodes in. It's probably a stupid thing to get hung up on but do they ever explain how these people eat? Seems like food supply would be a huge problem with the world they created.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#802 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:13 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Anyone watch See on Apple TV? I'm about 5 episodes in. It's probably a stupid thing to get hung up on but do they ever explain how these people eat? Seems like food supply would be a huge problem with the world they created.

I can't recall the timeline of the first season, but as the series progresses, you get more 'civilized' societies.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#803 » by crkone » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Watched episode 3 of Boba Fett and yeah......I'm out. The English West Side Story-esque street kids with their multi-colored mopeds had me nearly busting out in laughter. It's at the point where it's basically an unintentional comedy.

Also:

Spoiler:
How the **** do people keep breaking into his private quarters? Like, who's on security detail here lol.

Yeah I gut laughed when they first showed the grey-haired wookie. I'll still watch because my wife is into it.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#804 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:49 pm

M-C-G wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Anyone watch See on Apple TV? I'm about 5 episodes in. It's probably a stupid thing to get hung up on but do they ever explain how these people eat? Seems like food supply would be a huge problem with the world they created.

I can't recall the timeline of the first season, but as the series progresses, you get more 'civilized' societies.
Right on. As I was saying probably a dumb thing to get hung up on considering everything else in this show. I think I just watch too many wilderness survival shows so my brain kicks into 'its really hard to survive off the land' mode.

This show won't be winning any awards for writing or acting buts it's been entertaining enough to keep watching.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#805 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Right on. As I was saying probably a dumb thing to get hung up on considering everything else in this show. I think I just watch too many wilderness survival shows so my brain kicks into 'its really hard to survive off the land' mode.

This show won't be winning any awards for writing or acting buts it's been entertaining enough to keep watching.

Yeah, I find appealing enough to watch when I am surfing on my tablet. I wouldn't say I watch it closely, but I enjoy it just enough to keep going with it.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#806 » by glenn » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 pm

I’m watching Boba Fett because I’m still at the point where I’ll watch all live action Star Wars, but it’s not good. I don’t mind the corny bikers and stuff like that, I just don’t think they’ve really established a reason this show exists. Boba is dull and his motivation is muddy. I guess he wants to be a friendly crime lord? And he likes animals now? Why am I watching?
:reporter:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,692

Post#807 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:55 pm

Best Boba Fett episode to date last night :reporter:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#808 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:14 am

blazza18 wrote:Best Boba Fett episode to date last night :reporter:

Are they trolling us? Why is you know who so fun, while Boba is so lame?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#809 » by crkone » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:22 am

Licensed to Il wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Best Boba Fett episode to date last night :reporter:

Are they trolling us? Why is you know who so fun, while Boba is so lame?
Boomer Boba. Maybe he got his groove back after his healing chamber stint.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,233

Post#810 » by PintSizedBox10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:44 am

Boba Fett Chapter 5:

Spoiler:
Dang, Favreau dropping Mando Season 3 on us early! :lol:
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#811 » by ClassicJack » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 am

What the hell was the final season of Search Party?
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#812 » by midranger » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:06 pm

The new Aziz Ansari set on Netflix is pretty great commentary.

Funny couple minutes on Rodgers, and a great Ice Cube bit.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,774

Post#813 » by emunney » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:42 pm

I haven't watched the whole half season of Ozark yet, but have found myself saying to the TV, "What are you DOING?" more than I remember in prior seasons. Characters with guilty consciences self-destructing or sloppy writing?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,615

Post#814 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 1, 2022 12:08 am

emunney wrote:I haven't watched the whole half season of Ozark yet, but have found myself saying to the TV, "What are you DOING?" more than I remember in prior seasons. Characters with guilty consciences self-destructing or sloppy writing?

This isn't a show that's "logical" you just have to enjoy the ride. I just rewatched S1E1 a couple of hours ago and it's been this way since the beginning.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#815 » by buckboy » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
This show just hits all the sweet spots for me. Have already burnt through the first half and can't wait to see how they finish it off.
Julia Garner continues to own every scene as Ruth.

I've watched 3 of the 7 and will likely finish this weekend. Good cast, I've enjoyed it a lot. I wish they had just released all 14.

Finished all 7. Crazy. I enjoy shows that are over the top. Not believable at all, just fun. Yeah Julia Garner is great.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Personally, I wasn't really impressed. I'm at the opposite end of the over-the-top spectrum. I know that's what shows like this are, and I can appreciate that I need to suspend disbelief, but man........

I have one episode left, I can imagine it's going to be a doozy.

And another unpopular opinion: Ruth is annoying.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#816 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:27 pm

The Righteous Gemstones is probably the best comedy on TV right now. Also, any Sci-Fi buffs been watching Foundation? I think it's a flawed yet satisfying adaptation. Stellar cast and some of the best visual effects you'll see outside of film, but some clunky pacing and action sequences keep it from being truly excellent.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#817 » by glenn » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:42 pm

Righteous Gemstones is the show I look forward to the most each week right now. Hilarious but also with some Coen brothers-like crime elements.

The After Party on Apple is fun. I usually don’t mind an episode a week, but with the differing-perspectives concept I’d love to be able to binge it.
:reporter:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,760

Post#818 » by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 1, 2022 2:57 pm

I've been binging A24 films lately. Finished with The Lighthouse, The Killing of a Sacred Deer and Lamb recently. I love this weird stuff :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#819 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:22 pm

glenn wrote:
The After Party on Apple is fun. I usually don’t mind an episode a week, but with the differing-perspectives concept I’d love to be able to binge it.

I so so so want to enjoy this show. Two episodes in and I like, how did they miss on this? When am I going to laugh?

Premise is great, cast is great, storyline is great, but for some reason I am getting like one laugh an episode and the last one was a pee scene which was almost an Adam Sandler knock off of the longest pee. This show should be more, so far, less than the sum of its parts.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#820 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:25 pm

buckboy wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I've watched 3 of the 7 and will likely finish this weekend. Good cast, I've enjoyed it a lot. I wish they had just released all 14.

Finished all 7. Crazy. I enjoy shows that are over the top. Not believable at all, just fun. Yeah Julia Garner is great.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Personally, I wasn't really impressed. I'm at the opposite end of the over-the-top spectrum. I know that's what shows like this are, and I can appreciate that I need to suspend disbelief, but man........

I have one episode left, I can imagine it's going to be a doozy.

And another unpopular opinion: Ruth is annoying.

I told my wife that Wendy Byrde is actually the worst person on this entire show, biggest villain. She didn't believe me, but going through this season, yeah, Wendy is proving me right.

Ruth is annoying, that is correct.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks