Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1701 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:25 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:How important is a top seed to you guys this season? If the Bucks finished 3rd in the East, are you good with that? (I am.)

Yea, that's fine. I actually heard a theory that the Bucks should allow the Nets to get home court because that means they'll be without Kyrie for 4 games in a 7 game series.

Interesting theory but I have a hunch that the Kyrie stuff will be worked out one way or the other before the playoffs. No way he only plays road games.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,485

Post#1702 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:46 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:How important is a top seed to you guys this season? If the Bucks finished 3rd in the East, are you good with that? (I am.)

Home court is always important to me, the bucks hardly loses at home. It isn’t do or die for home court throughout and with the short offseason I would rest guys a lot, but I would be a lot more comfortable with the 2nd seed vs 3rd.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#1703 » by emunney » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:22 pm

I prefer it, all things being equal, but health and growth are bigger priorities.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#1704 » by AussieBuck » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:46 pm

Torn between wanting home court and Bud throwing away the starts of series.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,976

Post#1705 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1706 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:57 am

So what are your final roster predictions?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1707 » by tski1972 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:14 am

SupremeHustle wrote:So what are your final roster predictions?

Gotta believe they’ll keep Giannis.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#1708 » by Swan Vox » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:23 am

SupremeHustle wrote:So what are your final roster predictions?

Mamu looks legit, gotta think he gets converted to a roster contract at some point.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1709 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:24 am

Siefer wrote:
emunney wrote:
Siefer wrote:Going through the GM survey: Giannis as best defender and Jrue as best perimeter defender. Hard to argue with it given how much the D carried this team throughout the post-season. The Bucks took a notable step back in regular season defense metrics, both because of lack of depth and because they were more interested in using it as a laboratory and figuring out their playoff D.

Something I've been thinking about is how we had the best playoff defense by a large margin, and how it highlights the increasingly large disconnect there is between regular season and playoffs in the NBA.

The playoffs are so much more physical and we had by far the most physical team in the league. Phoenix was up there as well, no coincidence, and we manhandled them as well.

Yep, and it's one of the reasons I'm still salty as hell about Tucker. He's old as dirt and can't do anything on offense besides stand in the corner (don't mind the offensive boards), but man did I love having the option to send a malicious golem out there. This was already a physical team, and Tucker took it to a level the league hasn't seen in over a decade. There should be more talk about how physically dominant that group was. Straight up Godzilla stomped their way to a title.

IMO we were more physically dominant on offense than defense.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,485

Post#1710 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 am

I think Bryant will take Robinsons two way, all the other guys will be cut. Will that leave an open roster roster slot?
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1711 » by buckbeer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:54 am

The last two preseason games have shown that Bryant is a better player than both Robinson and Waters, not to mention he' a much bigger size guard and provides better defense. I hope the Bucks keep Bryant.

I'd cut DeLaurier, Robinson, Waters and JOB. That would leave the Bucks with 16 players and one roster spot open.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1712 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:24 pm

buckbeer wrote:The last two preseason games have shown that Bryant is a better player than both Robinson and Waters, not to mention he' a much bigger size guard and provides better defense. I hope the Bucks keep Bryant.

I'd cut DeLaurier, Robinson, Waters and JOB. That would leave the Bucks with 16 players and one roster spot open.

I like it, but I doubt Bryant accepts a 2 way deal. I'd cut Kalaitzakas, resign him to a 2 year 2 way, and roster Bryant. It's going to take 2 years to fix Kalaitzakas jumper.

I'd also dump Hood, he brings nothing we don't already have.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Open Scrimmage 10/3 

Post#1713 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:47 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:imo ideal sitch with DDV is to play him all the way out this year and then do him like we did brogdon. trade him for a nice big trade exception and some mediocre draft ammo which we have none of. do this after we wear out the last bit of his body on this years run.

whats nuts is i was a ddv whore this time last year. but when a grenade goes off in a guys foot and we win a title with him on a scooter...... i just dont see how that doesnt change a teams psyche moving forward

Team also had Tucker & no longer do. Players have to fill the void & DDV is the closest in style, aside from Jrue. I doubt the team was telling him to get involved with the group if they were really looking at him like he's unneccesary.

Did they think Giannis was in the way of going further when they won game 4 of the ECSF in the bubble? Or advancing to the Finals with him again injured?

I think we're going to be looking to fill Tucker's role at some point during the season - unless Ojeleye steps up - which doesn't seem likely. Looking at inexpensive options, I like Chuma Okeke from Orlando. He had a lot of steals and deflections per minutes last season and is a tough-minded physical defender with 3 point range. Just gotta prove he can stay healthy.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM

Post#1714 » by emunney » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:imo ideal sitch with DDV is to play him all the way out this year and then do him like we did brogdon. trade him for a nice big trade exception and some mediocre draft ammo which we have none of. do this after we wear out the last bit of his body on this years run.

whats nuts is i was a ddv whore this time last year. but when a grenade goes off in a guys foot and we win a title with him on a scooter...... i just dont see how that doesnt change a teams psyche moving forward

Team also had Tucker & no longer do. Players have to fill the void & DDV is the closest in style, aside from Jrue. I doubt the team was telling him to get involved with the group if they were really looking at him like he's unneccesary.

Did they think Giannis was in the way of going further when they won game 4 of the ECSF in the bubble? Or advancing to the Finals with him again injured?

I think we're going to be looking to fill Tucker's role at some point during the season - unless Ojeleye steps up - which doesn't seem likely. Looking at inexpensive options, I like Chuma Okeke from Orlando.

I love Chuma and think he's Orlando's best prospect after Suggs. Why would he be cheap? Because they drafted Wagner?

Orlando has a lot of fake depth -- lots of guys with some intrigue but nobody who's done anything yet. That makes it harder than usual to decipher what they would want.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1715 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:00 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

I think we're going to be looking to fill Tucker's role at some point during the season - unless Ojeleye steps up - which doesn't seem likely. Looking at inexpensive options, I like Chuma Okeke from Orlando.

I love Chuma and think he's Orlando's best prospect after Suggs. Why would he be cheap? Because they drafted Wagner?

Because he hasn't done anything in 2 years (mainly due to the ACL but it is what it is, and he's managed to get injured already in the preseason) - not to mention they seemed to indicate they wanted to go with more athletic players than him even before they drafted Wagner, and I think he's generally viewed as a tweener - in a bad way.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM

Post#1716 » by emunney » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I think we're going to be looking to fill Tucker's role at some point during the season - unless Ojeleye steps up - which doesn't seem likely. Looking at inexpensive options, I like Chuma Okeke from Orlando.

Because he hasn't done anything in 2 years (mainly due to the ACL but it is what it is) - not to mention they seemed to indicate they wanted to go with more athletic players than him even before they drafted Wagner, and I think he's generally viewed as a tweener - in a bad way.

I go the other way on him. I think he's a good athlete and versatile on both ends.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1717 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:14 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:

Because he hasn't done anything in 2 years (mainly due to the ACL but it is what it is) - not to mention they seemed to indicate they wanted to go with more athletic players than him even before they drafted Wagner, and I think he's generally viewed as a tweener - in a bad way.

I go the other way on him. I think he's a good athlete and versatile on both ends.

Lol, I'm trying to trade for him, so obviously I like him - but he's a below average NBA athlete for a 3 and considered a bit undersized for a 4. And I doubt he'll ever be a more than a 4th option on offense - even on mediocre teams. I think he'd be a great fit for the Bucks for the reasons I said.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1718 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:30 pm

I want Waters to make the team. I like what he potentially brings more than Bryant.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#1719 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:30 pm

When is NBA cut-down day?
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#1720 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Has there been anything more on Semi and Hood? I assume they are actually pretty legitimately injured to have not participated in anything at this point but I feel like it's been crickets from anyone covering the team on this.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks