Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Re: Grayson Allen to Bucks 

Post#781 » by Fotis St » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:33 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
DrWood wrote:Name 8 PFs who might be a matchup problem for Khris. It's not like there are a bunch of Karl Malones in the league.

Why do you think I care about all the teams of the league ? I only care about contenders, and I believe that LeBron (AD at 5) and KD (Blake at 5) at the PF position are just too much for Khris to handle. Our success came through hiding Khris at the wing defensively against non superstars in order to stay fresh for the offensive end. If you want further PFs Khris can't handle defensively ... J.Collins, Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown. I am sure PJ Tucker, J.Crowder will post him up and expose him too. In any case ... Khris at the PF is a no go for me ... would try Pat a bit if he can handle it , but I am sure Khris can't handle it in terms of staying fresh for quality offense. It is clearly Portis and Semi's role.
If you are afraid of PJ Tucker and Jae Crowder in the post I'll just assume you are Pantaphobic because neither of those guys EVER posts (stats unavailable as neither posted at least 10x this year)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

They are not posting cause they shoot the 3 well.
But if I am opponent coach and see the Bucks playing Khris at the PF ... I would immediate order
my stronger PF to post him up, bang him to create fatigue, score , get Khris into foul trouble early, attack the board for offensive rebounds ... I don't understand why is this even a discussion issue ? It's pretty dumb to use Khris like this cause of your imaginary 400pt offense
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#782 » by rilamann » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:I’m sorry but I just don’t like this guy. Can we bring back my boy Merrill?

I'm not George Zimmer but, you're going to like the way Grayson Allen fits with the Bucks, I guarantee it.

I do wish we had given them Nwora instead of Merrill though. Maybe the Grizz didn't want Nwora.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#783 » by DrWood » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:58 am

Fotis St wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Khris at the PF posiition is a defensive matchup problem and a liability that will kill us by default.
I wouldn't even try it. As our roster is constructed right now ... our PF not named Giannis is Portis and Semi.
Even Nwora will have to massively improve his defense effort in order to play.
I predict Nwora has alot of Jabari's approach of the game... he doesn't even care to get into a death lineup, I thnk he wants to score as much as possible and get him a better contract somewhere else.
So the death lineup with variations imo will be
Jrue, Donte/Allen , Khris , Portis / Semi , Giannis
/ = whoever shoots better

Name 8 PFs who might be a matchup problem for Khris. It's not like there are a bunch of Karl Malones in the league.

Why do you think I care about all the teams of the league ? I only care about contenders, and I believe that LeBron (AD at 5) and KD (Blake at 5) at the PF position are just too much for Khris to handle. Our success came through hiding Khris at the wing defensively against non superstars in order to stay fresh for the offensive end. If you want further PFs Khris can't handle defensively ... J.Collins, Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown. I am sure PJ Tucker, J.Crowder will post him up and expose him too. In any case ... Khris at the PF is a no go for me ... would try Pat a bit if he can handle it , but I am sure Khris can't handle it in terms of staying fresh for quality offense. It is clearly Portis and Semi's role.

The OP said nothing about the playoffs and didn't suggest it would be the main lineup. They probably don't want Khris on AD, but AD doesn't play 48 minutes a game. Blake plays the 5; Khris did as well as anyone on KD. If you think they "hid" Khris at the wing in the playoffs, I can only assume you didn't watch the games. I wish everyone on this site had "I hate the following players: ..." so their lack of objectivity would be in full view.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,485

Post#784 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:17 am

rilamann wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:I’m sorry but I just don’t like this guy. Can we bring back my boy Merrill?

I'm not George Zimmer but, you're going to like the way Grayson Allen fits with the Bucks, I guarantee it.

I do wish we had given them Nwora instead of Merrill though. Maybe the Grizz didn't want Nwora.

I think both of them will be overseas soon but Nwora always seemed like the one with the best chance of sticking just because of his size and about average athleticism.

They tried Sam in real minutes but it seemed his speed and negative wingspan was too much to overcome at the top level. One play stands out early last year, he had trouble getting open off a good pin down screen and the other team stole it. The bucks just needed a shooter and they were the two best out of the rookies, I think picking the one with nba height, length, and athleticism was the right move.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#785 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:07 am

Fotis St wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
If you are afraid of PJ Tucker and Jae Crowder in the post I'll just assume you are Pantaphobic because neither of those guys EVER posts (stats unavailable as neither posted at least 10x this year)

But if I am opponent coach and see the Bucks playing Khris at the PF ... I would immediate order
my stronger PF to post him up, bang him to create fatigue, score , get Khris into foul trouble early, attack the board for offensive rebounds ... I don't understand why is this even a discussion issue ? It's pretty dumb to use Khris like this cause of your imaginary 400pt offense
PJ was so effective in posting 83 lb juggernaut Trae Young when Trae couldn't even move that you would follow that dominant performance by posting Khris? You'd be fired before halftime. There are a very limited number of guys in the league any more that are even remotely efficient post players.

BTW, Portis wouldn't defend LBJ or KD nearly as well as Khash does. It's why BOBBY! didn't even get in the Nets series.

fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#786 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:08 am

Dr Wood , lets just call it out. We agree to disagree. I believe Khris at the PF position is a really really bad idea and you think otherwise.
I rest my case, as I rest Khris to the wings in order to be my closer at the 4th quarter, when he is needed and can be successful.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#787 » by DrWood » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:18 am

Fotis St wrote:Dr Wood , lets just call it out. We agree to disagree. I believe Khris at the PF position is a really really bad idea and you think otherwise.

I guess you didn't know that 25% of Khris's minutes were at PF last season. No one is suggesting he play the majority of his minutes there (or even any more than last year). And then your argument is simply that you _think_ it would be a really bad idea and state some observations on your part that are not true. To flatly state he couldn't put in some minutes as a small-ball 4 flies in the face of fact and logic.

100% of your argument is: I hate Khris. Just admit that and there's no argument; you're simply expressing your emotion. Don't be disingenuous and suggest it's based on anything else.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#788 » by LikeABosh » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:17 am

Fotis St wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

If Tucker and Crowder are gonna be posting up on Middleton then all the more reason to play him at the 4. That would have to be the least effective gameplan on offense I can think of
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,649

Post#789 » by emunney » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:47 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:If you are afraid of PJ Tucker and Jae Crowder in the post I'll just assume you are Pantaphobic because neither of those guys EVER posts (stats unavailable as neither posted at least 10x this year)

PJ was so effective in posting 83 lb juggernaut Trae Young when Trae couldn't even move that you would follow that dominant performance by posting Khris? You'd be fired before halftime. There are a very limited number of guys in the league any more that are even remotely efficient post players.

BTW, Portis wouldn't defend LBJ or KD nearly as well as Khash does. It's why BOBBY! didn't even get in the Nets series.

Also Khris has a really strong base. If we played Khris at 4, we'd be doing it hoping the other team would post him up, same as when we play Pat at 4.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#790 » by emunney » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:49 pm

If anything, you'd run into problems on the glass, but that really depends on who else is out there with him. Khris is almost never going to get a rebound or loose ball out of his area.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#791 » by TroyD92 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:04 pm

I could check but I don’t really care that much. I’m pretty sure Khris has guarded Lebron and KD for extended periods ?? Like I know Fotis is just being fotis, but im relatively sure of this lol
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,005

Post#792 » by German Athens » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 pm

emunney wrote:If anything, you'd run into problems on the glass, but that really depends on who else is out there with him. Khris is almost never going to get a rebound or loose ball out of his area.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my only worry with Khris at the 4 lineups, but like you said it depends on who else is out there with him.

I’d be interested in a small ball lineup of Jrue, Donte, Grayson, Khris, and Giannis.

And I’m especially curious to see if grayson’s rebound numbers considerably bump up here. I’d think with what Donte and pat contribute that that would have an impact on how Grayson approaches possessions - he’s not going to be asked to do as much on O, and his role within the game will likely be more defined than it was in Memphis.

Probably less of “show us what you got” and more of “we need you to do this”.

I know it’s not common for players to all of a sudden become very good rebounders, but rebounding mostly seems to come down to toughness, motor, some physical tools, some skill at reading the ball, and team philosophy. Grayson seems to have most of those attributes already. I’d think all of that coupled with visible examples of Donte and pat succeeding may rub off on him.
emunney
RealGM

Post#793 » by emunney » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:55 pm

German Athens wrote:
emunney wrote:If anything, you'd run into problems on the glass, but that really depends on who else is out there with him. Khris is almost never going to get a rebound or loose ball out of his area.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my only worry with Khris at the 4 lineups, but like you said it depends on who else is out there with him.

I’d be interested in a small ball lineup of Jrue, Donte, Grayson, Khris, and Giannis.

And I’m especially curious to see if grayson’s rebound numbers considerably bump up here. I’d think with what Donte and pat contribute that that would have an impact on how Grayson approaches possessions - he’s not going to be asked to do as much on O, and his role within the game will likely be more defined than it was in Memphis.

Probably less of “show us what you got” and more of “we need you to do this”.

I know it’s not common for players to all of a sudden become very good rebounders, but rebounding mostly seems to come down to toughness, motor, some physical tools, some skill at reading the ball, and team philosophy. Grayson seems to have most of those attributes already. I’d think all of that coupled with visible examples of Donte and pat succeeding may rub off on him.

Maybe, but I think rebounding is maybe the most 'in your blood' basketball skill/trait there is. It's not that Grayson is a bad rebounder, it's that Pat and Donte for their size have always been exceptional. You can throw Jrue in there, too, as he also gets a ton of extra possessions for us.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#794 » by Fotis St » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:19 pm

DrWood wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Dr Wood , lets just call it out. We agree to disagree. I believe Khris at the PF position is a really really bad idea and you think otherwise.

I guess you didn't know that 25% of Khris's minutes were at PF last season. No one is suggesting he play the majority of his minutes there (or even any more than last year). And then your argument is simply that you _think_ it would be a really bad idea and state some observations on your part that are not true. To flatly state he couldn't put in some minutes as a small-ball 4 flies in the face of fact and logic.

100% of your argument is: I hate Khris. Just admit that and there's no argument; you're simply expressing your emotion. Don't be disingenuous and suggest it's based on anything else.

Wow, I always hated Khris contract attached to the player, not the player himself. Since he delivered when needed, its OK now.
In any case the discussion was about Bucks death lineup with Giannis playing the 5.
So the lineup OP mentioned was
Jrue, Donte, Allen, Khris, Giannis ...
And my objection is actually based on the lineup Bud used throughout the playoffs that won us the ring. It was mainly
Jrue, Pat, Khris, PJ Tucker, Giannis
And it was effective cause we could switch everything...
So you are saying that OP lineup of
Jrue, Donte, Allen, Khris, Giannis can switch everything and be effective ?
I believe Not, it will not be effective imo.
You are shifting the conversation to if a poster hates Khris or not, rather than understanding the more rebounding responsibilities for example Khris will have as a PF. You wanted names of PFs , I gave you names LeBron and KD.
Khris is on the wrong side of the 30s and he is a below average athlete. No experiments needed. The fingerprint to win a Championship has already been revealed. You have completely missed out the PJ Tucker role and I know why, it doesn't show on the STATS sh*t.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#795 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:33 pm

That lineup with Khris at the 4 would be something I’d only use against certain matchups, personally. Mainly out of interest and potential offensive firepower without giving up a ton on perimeter defense. Rebounding would certainly be an issue, since teams would purposely screen to get Gianni out of the paint.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
emunney
RealGM

Post#796 » by emunney » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:26 pm

To me, as the playoffs developed, it became clear that the biggest strength of our team, collectively, was actual physical strength. We beat the **** out of teams. Three yards and a cloud of dust. One area where Semi is a fit.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#797 » by DrWood » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Fotis St wrote:Khris is on the wrong side of the 30s .

He's literally on neither side of 30, having turned 30 6 days ago.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,903

Post#798 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:09 pm

DrWood wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Khris is on the wrong side of the 30s .

He's literally on neither side of 30, having turned 30 6 days ago.

And he gets better every year. He's in better shape now than ever. Just stop it.

The guy doesn't have to get in better shape but he is. Bobby said Khris is underrated as hell, in how much if a leader he is. He's directing teammates all of the time on top of what we see him do.

Jrue just spoke on how opposition is always talking sh-t to him & he says nothing, then goes off on them. Did you see what he did in the post-season? How anyone can't be on Khris' side now is beyond me.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,083

Post#799 » by FrieAaron » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Yeah, Khris may have been inconsistent still game to game but he was other-worldly in the clutch and he has somehow continued to get better after signing his giant contract. Not many players can say that. Having the postseason he did could be big for his confidence as well.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#800 » by SirChurros » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:09 pm

The Khris slander continues. This board is embarrassing sometimes. :lol:

Find me a long list of guys who are giving you 20, 6 and 5 who have been flirting with 50/40/90 the past few seasons.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks