Grayson Allen to Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Grayson Allen to Bucks 

Post#821 » by LuessiT » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:04 pm

emunney wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Not agreeing with him, but Fotis is correct on the use of the phrase "wrong side of 30" here. It simply means someone's past that age.

Iiiiiii don't think I've ever heard it used earnestly for someone who just turned 30 though. It's technically correct but substantively bankrupt.

Actually we had this exact use in one of our english text books in school iirc. Something like 'A turned 30 two days ago. He's now on the wrong side of thirty.'
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#822 » by crowhead76 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Fotis St wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
DrWood wrote:He's literally on neither side of 30, having turned 30 6 days ago.

I don't think he understands that expression

He is 30+ , so he is on the wrong side.
We won the chip, but I am not being delusional that suddenly Khris has super powers he doesn't have. So my mindset is to keep the scheme that brought us the ring, and that scheme doesn't include a lineup with Khris at the PF and 2 other 6'5 dudes in the same lineup like Donte and Allen...

So what you are saying is replace them with 2 other 6'5" dudes like Pat and PJ.

I do agree that they could use a switchable defender with length however.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,115

Post#823 » by FrieAaron » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:09 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Not agreeing with him, but Fotis is correct on the use of the phrase "wrong side of 30" here. It simply means someone's past that age.

Iiiiiii don't think I've ever heard it used earnestly for someone who just turned 30 though. It's technically correct but substantively bankrupt.

Actually we had this exact use in one of our english text books in school iirc. Something like 'A turned 30 two days ago. He's now on the wrong side of thirty.'

Yeah, I think I almost always see it used that way. Think the issue is it doesn't really work in this context because in the NBA just turning 30 means you're in the middle of your prime. Maybe the wrong side of 35 or something.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#824 » by DrWood » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:15 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:

I really want to do a math lesson about the difference between integers and other real numbers.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#825 » by 4xBuck » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Fotis St wrote:Someone posted that Grayson Allen shot well at the playoffs .... well not true ...

In 5 Games 23.1 min Per Game , averaging 6.4 points , 2.4 Rebounds , FG% 36.4, 3P% 38.1 (8 made 3s in 21 attempts) and the total assists in 116 min,

Nah, those stats don't include the PI game against GS. He was 4-5 on his 3s and hit two huge shots in OT. Couple real good plays on D, too.

What I really like is he's got a lot of room for improvement. He'll get better in MLK.

giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#826 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:06 am

Can we expect Allen to get the opportunity to defend KD against the nets?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#827 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:24 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Can we expect Allen to get the opportunity to defend KD against the nets?

No, we tried the "short guy on 7footer" thing last year, it didn't end well. Australia tried Thybulle and Exum, KD was still shooting over them. Even Ojeleye is too small.

KD is either gonna be double teamed every time he gets the ball, otherwise the most suitable 1-1 defender is Khris or Giannis. Giannis can only do it for a few possessions because he's foul prone and too valuable as a free safety / rim protector and rebounder on D, so that leaves Khris. Would be nice if Hood is healthy and available as an option because he's long, and although he's pretty bad as a team defender he's actually pretty decent on ball.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#828 » by LikeABosh » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:01 am

Fotis St wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
DrWood wrote:He's literally on neither side of 30, having turned 30 6 days ago.

I don't think he understands that expression

He is 30+ , so he is on the wrong side.
We won the chip, but I am not being delusional that suddenly Khris has super powers he doesn't have. So my mindset is to keep the scheme that brought us the ring, and that scheme doesn't include a lineup with Khris at the PF and 2 other 6'5 dudes in the same lineup like Donte and Allen...

Yeah, you're right. I guess I only used that expression when they're well into their 30's, not when they turned it last week :lol:
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 813

Post#829 » by drdrG » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:40 am

Fotis St wrote:I hope we sign a Forbes like player.
At least we have Pat, his 3p% was 44.1 at 2021 playoffs.
Is JJ Reddick still available ?
Mike James or Isaiah Thomas maybe ?
Horst , pickup the phone, add a shooter just in case we start bricking ...

I agree if your goal is to have a regular season or maybe early playoff gimmick. Forbes was great against Miami but they couldn't effectively target him on offense and they were picking their poison on defense. He was out of the rotation by Gm2 against Brooklyn and stayed that way. The guys you mentioned are maybe even more one sided than Forbes.

Our team is centered on defense and our backcourt rotation beyond Jrue of the three most athletic white guys in recent memory can all stay on the floor defensively. If they can stay close to their regular season shooting that's gravy.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#830 » by Perseus1966 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:51 am

The best defence against KD is a 4/4 over play or deny the pass as americans say.
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,667

Post#831 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:46 am

Fotis St wrote:I hope we sign a Forbes like player.
At least we have Pat, his 3p% was 44.1 at 2021 playoffs.
Is JJ Reddick still available ?
Mike James or Isaiah Thomas maybe ?
Horst , pickup the phone, add a shooter just in case we start bricking ...

Hilarious you bring up Mike James a career 28% three point shooter and Isaiah Thomas a career 36% shooter who has played 40 or more games in a season once in the last six years.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
All The Bucks
Junior
And1: 1,265

Post#832 » by All The Bucks » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Imagine playing pretend GM but for real, tracking every move and every draft pick you would have made. Moves that would have sent every core piece away including the NBA Finals MVP and top 2 player in the world. Then after years of touting those ill-advised moves, the actual team wins the championship but you still insist the team is wrong and you are right. Imagine, shudder.
"Your values is in disarray, prioritizin' horribly. Unhappy with the riches 'cause you're piss poor morally" - Abraham Lincoln
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#833 » by Fotis St » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:47 pm

All The Bucks wrote:Imagine playing pretend GM but for real, tracking every move and every draft pick you would have made. Moves that would have sent every core piece away including the NBA Finals MVP and top 2 player in the world. Then after years of touting those ill-advised moves, the actual team wins the championship but you still insist the team is wrong and you are right. Imagine, shudder.

Who wanted to trade Giannis ?
Who is this poster ?
Do you care to inform us ?
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#834 » by H2tObes » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:47 pm

Fotis St wrote:
All The Bucks wrote:Imagine playing pretend GM but for real, tracking every move and every draft pick you would have made. Moves that would have sent every core piece away including the NBA Finals MVP and top 2 player in the world. Then after years of touting those ill-advised moves, the actual team wins the championship but you still insist the team is wrong and you are right. Imagine, shudder.

Who is this poster ?

You would have shipped Mids for Diallo 2 years ago
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#835 » by Fotis St » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:57 am

H2tObes wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

Who is this poster ?

You would have shipped Mids for Diallo 2 years ago

I have been posting Khris trades for 5 years. Diallo's salary never matched Khris salary so it must included something else.
I thought "All the Bucks" was referring about me with his post, but I've never posted a Giannis trade idea.
If he is indeed referring to myself, he is lying by adding that glorifying lie that I proposed a Giannis trade idea.

I don't know why are you so itchy with any Khris talk. I posted that he should not get any minutes at PF, cause I indeed want to protect him from , foul trouble , fatigue, more rebounding responsibilities, setting some picks and in general I want him exactly as Bud used him to win the Championship. That is his role, be our closer especially at the 4th quarter.

So for some posters I can't talk anything about Khris cause I am Khris hater , a poster who wanted to trade Giannis .... wtf ? I am talking basketball some are talking s**t and lie.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#836 » by ackypoo » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:54 pm

really happy with the trade, really happy with the re-signing. if you look at his performance last night youll see he shot like garbage, and still was an integral part to the win.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,914

Post#837 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Yeah he fit right in with the guys, nice to see. Just gotta start hitting those open looks because there's going to be a lot of them.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#838 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:59 pm

This move was good. 25 games in and per 36 line of 17 pts 5 boards 1.7 assist, TS of .625. Second best Ortg behind only Pat and respectable Drtg.

Still only 26 and now locked up the next two seasons. Well done Horst, you hit the ground like a rocket ship on this one!
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#839 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 7, 2021 5:08 pm

42.5% on 9 attempts per-36. Elite shooting Grayson still Elite shooting and I'll take my victory lap now, please and thank you.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#840 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:50 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:Can we expect Allen to get the opportunity to defend KD against the nets?

No, that'll be Thaddeus Young.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Milwaukee Bucks