ImageImage

ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
Posts: 14,344
And1: 3,266
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
     

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1941 » by Profound23 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 am

Yeah, at first I thought it was accidental. Then I saw it from the other angles. That sh** was intentional.

You don't do something like that then hide behind the refs.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1942 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:24 am

It was absolutely not accidental. It just doesn't matter. It's LeBron - nothing's going to happen to him guys.
Milbucks96
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,466
And1: 896
Joined: Mar 10, 2019
   

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1943 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:28 am

JayMKE wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:A whole lot of nothing in that, Stewart was inches away from lebron and did nothing. Lebron did hit him with a cheap shot even if that wasn’t where he was aiming. Give them both a game suspension and move on.

People who want to see fist fights in non combat sports are weird, the ufc is on 3-4 times a month and it has all the violence and **** talking you need.

Is it really weird though? Fighting has been one of the most popular entertainments throughout human history. Mixing it in with other sports is a bonus, two entertainments for the price of one. And mixing it in with sports where players are built like superhuman fighters is double appealing for the fans.

lol ya its not weird, it's dumb in football cause they have that gear on but people love it when the dugout clear out in baseball. If it weren't for the fans being so close and cheap shotting bitches seriously injuring someone, I'd say let them go at it. I'd rather watch Lebron fight than anybody on that UFC card the other night for sure.

I bet because baseball is boring as **** :lol: it’s weird in basketball because it’s a real sport with a lot of entertainment. Who the hell wants to watch Lebron and Isaiah Stewart wrestle when you can actually watch them play the sport they were paid to play.

Giannis and Stewart has words and tension every time they play, I’m sure no one here would be talking that “let em go at it” if he was chasing Giannis down.
HKPackFan
RealGM
Posts: 11,339
And1: 7,333
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1944 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 am

Milbucks96 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Is it really weird though? Fighting has been one of the most popular entertainments throughout human history. Mixing it in with other sports is a bonus, two entertainments for the price of one. And mixing it in with sports where players are built like superhuman fighters is double appealing for the fans.

lol ya its not weird, it's dumb in football cause they have that gear on but people love it when the dugout clear out in baseball. If it weren't for the fans being so close and cheap shotting bitches seriously injuring someone, I'd say let them go at it. I'd rather watch Lebron fight than anybody on that UFC card the other night for sure.

I bet because baseball is boring as **** :lol: it’s weird in basketball because it’s a real sport with a lot of entertainment. Who the hell wants to watch Lebron and Isaiah Stewart wrestle when you can actually watch them play the sport they were paid to play.

Giannis and Stewart has words and tension every time they play, I’m sure no one here would be talking that “let em go at it” if he was chasing Giannis down.


Thanansis would stomp his ass before he got close to Giannis. I mean if you're gonna go full on street fighting, I'll take the boys from Athens anytime.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
Posts: 11,339
And1: 7,333
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1945 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 am

emunney wrote:Stewart or Marshawn Lynch? Dude broke like 9 tackles.



He could be a monster Dlineman. If he's suspended for a month, he could probably help out the Lions until Christmas.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Plossum
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,155
And1: 2,492
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1946 » by Plossum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:03 am

Lebron will get at least a game. Objectively, what he did was worse than Jokic on Morris.
#LockUpChuck
Sigra
RealGM
Posts: 14,739
And1: 846
Joined: Sep 08, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
       

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1947 » by Sigra » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:30 pm

This year could be first year since 1991 that both Bucks and Bulls have more wins then loses 8-)

My 1A and 1B could finally be both good at the same time 8-)

Since 1991 its always only one of them:
1992-1998 Bulls
1999-2001 Bucks
2003 Bucks
2005 Bulls
2007 Bulls
2010 Bucks
2011-2016 Bulls
2017-2021 Bucks
2022 Bucks & Bulls ??? 8-)
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 3,856
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1948 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Our very own BPJ avoided suspension and instead got a 25K fine for clotheslining KCP on a fastbreak layup a couple seasons ago. Expecting a similar fallout here. The swipe isn't nearly as bad as what Jokic did.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 3,856
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1949 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Profound23 wrote:Yeah, at first I thought it was accidental. Then I saw it from the other angles. That sh** was intentional.

You don't do something like that then hide behind the refs.


He put himself face-to-face with Stewart right after and nothing happened. Is he also supposed to go unhinged once the crowd breaks things up?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1950 » by emunney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Looked to me like he was trying to yank away. I actually don't think it was intentional. But I certainly get why Stewart and most other people believe it was. I just don't think it's reasonable to think he could deliberately land a backhanded fist to his face when the arc of the swing started before he was even looking. At a certain point you have to factor in that LeBron has never done anything like this in 19 seasons, but it's been 19 seasons, so maybe he has and I'm just forgetting.

Separately, was the blood in Stewart's mouth from his eye? I couldn't figure that out. Did he cut his eye and bloody his mouth with one punch somehow?

I don't think what he or Jokic did was worthy of a suspension, unless this *was* intentional, in which case it should be 2-3 games.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 54,000
And1: 26,966
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1951 » by emunney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Also, I swear I didn't intentionally put a hex on MPJ when I brought up his back issues after he signed the extension.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,446
And1: 7,470
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1952 » by sidney lanier » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:15 pm

emunney wrote:Separately, was the blood in Stewart's mouth from his eye? I couldn't figure that out. Did he cut his eye and bloody his mouth with one punch somehow?

It looked like all the blood was from the gash above the eye, and it flowed down into his mouth. Maybe Stewart is what they call in boxing a tomato can (a bleeder), but there is something about the taste of your own blood in your mouth that gets you going, as all of us who have played sports can probably attest.

The Chosen One is getting old, and he knows it. The team he GM'd into mediocrity is struggling. He lashed out and should be suspended, but I agree with those who say he won't be.

And now, a word from our sponsor. Good night, sweet prince. I mean king.

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
User avatar
GoldenAntlers
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,159
And1: 2,043
Joined: Feb 13, 2013
 

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1953 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:56 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:lol ya its not weird, it's dumb in football cause they have that gear on but people love it when the dugout clear out in baseball. If it weren't for the fans being so close and cheap shotting bitches seriously injuring someone, I'd say let them go at it. I'd rather watch Lebron fight than anybody on that UFC card the other night for sure.

I bet because baseball is boring as **** it’s weird in basketball because it’s a real sport with a lot of entertainment. Who the hell wants to watch Lebron and Isaiah Stewart wrestle when you can actually watch them play the sport they were paid to play.

Giannis and Stewart has words and tension every time they play, I’m sure no one here would be talking that “let em go at it” if he was chasing Giannis down.


Thanansis would stomp his ass before he got close to Giannis. I mean if you're gonna go full on street fighting, I'll take the boys from Athens anytime.
Unless it's versus the boys from Serbia, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
#FreeChuckDiesel
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 3,856
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1954 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm

emunney wrote:Looked to me like he was trying to yank away. I actually don't think it was intentional. But I certainly get why Stewart and most other people believe it was. I just don't think it's reasonable to think he could deliberately land a backhanded fist to his face when the arc of the swing started before he was even looking. At a certain point you have to factor in that LeBron has never done anything like this in 19 seasons, but it's been 19 seasons, so maybe he has and I'm just forgetting.

I don't think what he or Jokic did was worthy of a suspension, unless this *was* intentional, in which case it should be 2-3 games.


Well stated. Yes, the act which caused the bleeding was an intentional yank away/swipe. But now it seems intent to cause that specific injury or some other injury to the face is being assigned to LeBron which is baseless.

It's ironic that the assertion is LBJ will avoid suspension because of who he is, when the only reason to advocate for a multi-game suspension is because of who he is.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 7,297
And1: 3,856
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1955 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:I bet because baseball is boring as **** it’s weird in basketball because it’s a real sport with a lot of entertainment. Who the hell wants to watch Lebron and Isaiah Stewart wrestle when you can actually watch them play the sport they were paid to play.

Giannis and Stewart has words and tension every time they play, I’m sure no one here would be talking that “let em go at it” if he was chasing Giannis down.


Thanansis would stomp his ass before he got close to Giannis. I mean if you're gonna go full on street fighting, I'll take the boys from Athens anytime.
Unless it's versus the boys from Serbia, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app


Jokic bros and the Antetokoun-bros should team up for a survivor series style tag match against the best 5 that the NBA can put together.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1956 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter


LOL
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 17,994
And1: 5,555
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1957 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:02 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter


LOL

God, is it worst listening or watching that show.
Beorn
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,645
And1: 713
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1958 » by Beorn » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 pm

emunney wrote:Also, I swear I didn't intentionally put a hex on MPJ when I brought up his back issues after he signed the extension.


Ηey, I forgot to check the timer and he was auto-picked for me in the 3rd round of our 8-years--and-running old yahoo league. :banghead:

I have said and written for him a lot of things rarely heard north or west of Danube since then. The possible season-ending injury was the cherry on the top.
User avatar
BucksFanSD
Starter
Posts: 2,388
And1: 1,084
Joined: Jun 28, 2012

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1959 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:59 pm

I have to wonder how long Porter Jr.'s career will last. Hopefully long. Glad he got paid.
User avatar
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,531
And1: 2,539
Joined: Jan 03, 2013
 

Re: ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins 

Post#1960 » by ackypoo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:45 pm

2 games for beef stew
1 game for lebron

im surprised, both that lebron got anything, and that beef stew didnt get more.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks