ImageImage

ATL - 2021-22 Regular Season Begins

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Re: ATL - Camps Open 9/28 

Post#81 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:22 pm

Why would any non-Lakers team care about being on LeBron James' bad side?

LeBron leaves the league and teams are still going to throw $85 million at Lonzo Ball and Rich Paul, or any other agent, are going to sit there and collect their percentage for answering a phone call.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#82 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:23 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Why would any non-Lakers team care about being on LeBron James' bad side?

Only thing I can think of is his influence over the younger players.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#83 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:26 pm

PHI should've taken MIN's predraft offer of Rubio, Beasley, Nazr and picks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#84 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:29 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Nah, Rich Paul is a pretentious buffoon who only gets his clients paid because he has you know who on speed dial. This is how he (and by extension, Lebron/Klutch) always seem to operate though. Basically, "Pay my client what he wants or else you get on Lebron's bad side", and we're seeing the ugly side of that play out now in real time. He doesn't give a **** about Maxey's interests or any non-premier clients that aren't potential Lebron super-team additions. The second Lebron leaves the league, all Paul's negotiating leverage goes with him. Don't get me wrong, most if not all agents have a little bit of that narcissistic scumbag in them, and Rich Paul is no different.

What does, for example, Cory Joseph getting 10m from the Pistons have to do with LeBron?

Wonder who Tony Snell's agent had on speed dial when he pulled $44 million.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#85 » by raferfenix » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:32 pm

Ben Simmons screwing up so badly in the playoffs doesn’t make him such a sympathetic figure in this scenario either. Yes Morey should trade him but if Paul is pushing away non-California teams then vengeance might be the best they can hope for vs maximizing his trade value.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#86 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:33 pm

Because Cory Joseph is still a competent NBA rotation player getting paid a modest contract? Idk, weird example to use considering Detroit waived his un-guaranteed money just a month ago and he lost the same amount ($10 million).

I don't see what's so difficult to understand here. That good players already signed with Klutch will continue to get big contracts after Lebron leaves the league isn't evidence that Rich Paul is some savvy agent, any more than Larry Harris is some savvy front office executive because he happened to be Del Harris' son and was born with one foot already in the door. Nepotism isn't a term just reserved for blood related acquaintances.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#87 » by raferfenix » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:34 pm

Also is Rich Paul’s plan for Maxey to sit out as well?

That lockerroom could get mighty awkward quick.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#88 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:41 pm

I for one don't think much changes whether an NBA player chooses LeBron James' friend or a lawyer from Pennsylvania to answer calls from Charlotte and Sacramento and choose the highest number.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,274

Post#89 » by KidA24 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:39 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Nah, Rich Paul is a pretentious buffoon who only gets his clients paid because he has you know who on speed dial. This is how he (and by extension, Lebron/Klutch) always seem to operate though. Basically, "Pay my client what he wants or else you get on Lebron's bad side", and we're seeing the ugly side of that play out now in real time. He doesn't give a **** about Maxey's interests or any non-premier clients that aren't potential Lebron super-team additions. The second Lebron leaves the league, all Paul's negotiating leverage goes with him. Don't get me wrong, most if not all agents have a little bit of that narcissistic scumbag in them, and Rich Paul is no different.

What does, for example, Cory Joseph getting 10m from the Pistons have to do with LeBron?

Wonder who Tony Snell's agent had on speed dial when he pulled $44 million.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#90 » by raferfenix » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:05 pm

League sources told The Sacramento Bee in July the Kings had expressed interest in Simmons, an elite defender who could help transform Sacramento’s defense. MyBookie, an online sports betting site, recently installed the Kings as +275 favorites to acquire Simmons. The Kings were followed by the Minnesota Timberwolves (+400), Golden State Warriors (+550), Portland Trail Blazers (+900), San Antonio Spurs (+1200) and Washington Wizards (+1900). PointsBet is listing the Kings and Blazers as +150 favorites with the Warriors third at +250.

Simmons’ shooting would be a concern for the Kings, but that’s an experiment they would be willing to try after recording the second-worst defensive rating in NBA history last season. Kings general manager Monte McNair is determined to make a big move as the franchise seeks to end its 15-year playoff drought, sources said. The Kings have also shown interest in Toronto Raptors All-Star Pascal Siakam, but Siakam isn’t seeking a trade and the Raptors are unlikely to move him, a source with knowledge of the situation in Toronto told The Bee.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article253895548.html#storylink=cpy
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,713

Post#91 » by emunney » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:32 pm

I think Sacto is going to have to part with, in addition to Hield, one of Fox, Hali, or a ton of picks. They're saying Hali and Fox are off the table, so that leaves the picks. If I were them, I'd do Fox.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#92 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#93 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Are we gonna see Kyrie taking some time off/only playing away games?
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,489

Post#94 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:34 pm

As we are now in September and camps open this month, I am reminded once again that Giannis threw down 50 in the championship-clinching game.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#95 » by DrWood » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:12 pm

Would Philly ever get to the point where they traded Simmons to Sac for Barnes and Bagley (both expiring) and a pick? Basically just clearing salary going forward?
Illawarra_Buck
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#96 » by Illawarra_Buck » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:16 pm

Now that it's getting ugly would the Sixers reconsider a Brogdon + picks offer from Indiana?

Indianapolis is the antithesis of what Simmons wants in terms of lifestyle and I find that an extremely appealing outcome to a spoilt man-child throwing a tantrum.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,944

Post#97 » by Jez2983 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:43 pm

Illawarra_Buck wrote:Now that it's getting ugly would the Sixers reconsider a Brogdon + picks offer from Indiana?

Indianapolis is the antithesis of what Simmons wants in terms of lifestyle and I find that an extremely appealing outcome to a spoilt man-child throwing a tantrum.

As a fellow Aussie, I'd love it. It's pretty impressive how quickly we've turned on Ben. Like even with Bogut and his need to take the wrong position on pretty much every social issue I can forgive because he played for Australia when he could.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Illawarra_Buck
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#98 » by Illawarra_Buck » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:04 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Illawarra_Buck wrote:Now that it's getting ugly would the Sixers reconsider a Brogdon + picks offer from Indiana?

As a fellow Aussie, I'd love it. It's pretty impressive how quickly we've turned on Ben. Like even with Bogut and his need to take the wrong position on pretty much every social issue I can forgive because he played for Australia when he could.

Yeah, I think the Wimbledon attendance was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of us. But I've always had an underlying suspicion of his attitude and lack of quality as a human.

On Bogey.

The fact that he's a prick on a multitude of issues is secondary to his playing for and partial ownership of the purple and yellow filth in my mind.

So yeah, **** Bogut.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#99 » by raferfenix » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:23 pm

Morey could do worse than Hield and some Sacramento picks.

At least depending on their protection. Idk if I buy Sacramento being that good (or that good for that long) even with Simmons.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,659

Post#100 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:57 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks