ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Bucks to sign Boogie,pg 26

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,474
And1: 10,566
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#481 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 pm

If we're looking for a Tucker type (good D, bad O), how about Harkless of Sac? He's been terrible offensively but still gets PT for his D. We could probably get him for the 2023 2nd we have plus Hood and Ojeleye.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
skones
RealGM
Posts: 32,971
And1: 12,635
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#482 » by skones » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Still want Mo Wagner. He's an ****, but he's an **** I want on my team. He's smart. He's mobile. He can shoot. He's undervalued.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 26,428
And1: 7,757
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#483 » by crkone » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 am

TheWig wrote:So when are the bucks going to do something (raise money, etc.) other then a social media post for the incident that occurred in Waukesha? Brewers already stepped up, JJ watt is covering the funeral expenses, but where are the bucks being involved if I’m not correct?
Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
ShootingtheJ
Analyst
Posts: 3,414
And1: 1,946
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#484 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:55 pm

skones wrote:Still want Mo Wagner. He's an ****, but he's an **** I want on my team. He's smart. He's mobile. He can shoot. He's undervalued.



Agree, but I think Orlando keeps him with his brother. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo turned down better offers to instead play with his brother.
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 12,057
And1: 3,748
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#485 » by Siefer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,323
And1: 3,937
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#486 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Siefer wrote:Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).


Thing is we can't match and he's probably not a buyout candidate (playing pretty well, apparently).
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 12,057
And1: 3,748
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#487 » by Siefer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Siefer wrote:Thad Young is who I'm looking at right now. Doesn't fix the need for another big, but he'd be another functional wing (I hope).


Thing is we can't match and he's probably not a buyout candidate (playing pretty well, apparently).


Jesus, didn't realize he was on a 12 mil contract.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 47,275
And1: 19,211
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: BUCKS IN SIX
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#488 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm

BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,299
And1: 951
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#489 » by BigO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.


Porzingis can't guard the paint. Turner can.
User avatar
WRau1
RealGM
Posts: 10,459
And1: 3,745
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#490 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Muscala would be a good fit and most likely affordable.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 47,275
And1: 19,211
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: BUCKS IN SIX
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#491 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:44 pm

BigO wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:The only similar player to Brook I'd be interested in is Myles Turner. Stretch big who can guard the paint. But we have nothing to offer the Pacers in return that would make sense.

It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.


Porzingis can't guard the paint. Turner can.
I mean whether it be health or system or whatever Porzingis has been rather poor lately but if you remove the last like 50 games from his career saying something like Porzingis can't defend the paint would get you laughed out of the room. He was a straight up ELITE rim protector for multiple years and posted better numbers in that regard than an already really good Turner pretty much every one of those seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using RealGM mobile app
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,299
And1: 951
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#492 » by BigO » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:It's never a popular opinion, and it gets further away with every injury/setback and possibly even further away when he's actually healthy/playing well, but you watch Porzingis put together streaks like he has the past couple weeks and it's hard to not want to pair him and Giannis.


Porzingis can't guard the paint. Turner can.
I mean whether it be health or system or whatever Porzingis has been rather poor lately but if you remove the last like 50 games from his career saying something like Porzingis can't defend the paint would get you laughed out of the room. He was a straight up ELITE rim protector for multiple years and posted better numbers in that regard than an already really good Turner pretty much every one of those seasons.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using RealGM mobile app


I should have better defined the use of the term rim protector, but the last two seasons Porzingis has been awful any way you define it-one of the worst overall defenders in the league. Back in February there was an article that he had the 8th worst defensive average in the league. In terms of blocks, Turner has always been better than Porzingis and Turner has been first several times.

I would never say Turner is an elite defender, but head and shoulders above Porzingis. Neither have been on the first or second all defensive teams. Turner would be a perfect fit for Milwaukee.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 14,893
And1: 6,270
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#493 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:45 am

Still say Bamba if it only costs Donte + Nwora (really wish we had a first rounder in the next 15 years to trade). His floor is lower but ceiling is immensely higher. Feels like he’s just now starting to scratch the surface. Simplify his role and he could be longer Larry + 3 point range - weed habit and questionable lifestyle choices (hopefully)
Do it for Chuck
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 812
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#494 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:59 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Still say Bamba if it only costs Donte + Nwora (really wish we had a first rounder in the next 15 years to trade). His floor is lower but ceiling is immensely higher. Feels like he’s just now starting to scratch the surface. Simplify his role and he could be longer Larry + 3 point range - weed habit and questionable lifestyle choices (hopefully)

I would do it.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
User avatar
giannis and 1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,735
And1: 812
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#495 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 am

How about Dieng for a low cost option?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
LuessiT
RealGM
Posts: 10,323
And1: 3,937
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#496 » by LuessiT » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 am

giannis and 1 wrote:How about Dieng for a low cost option?


I like Dieng a lot for what he does, but he's in the roation in Atlanta. We should be looking at players that either seriously improve our playoff rotation (which assuming everyone is healthy Dieng does not) and trade value for them or look for players that can't crack a rotation and trade our 'trash' for their 'trash' without value. I don't think Dieng can be had without incentive and I wouldn't want to give up incentive to get him.
CharityStripe34
Veteran
Posts: 2,865
And1: 1,303
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#497 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:16 pm

Myles Turner would make the Bucks a juggernaut. If only he were a buyout candidate.

For a big body who can defend, clog the paint and eat up 6 fouls I wouldn't mind a temporary run with Aaron Baynes.
User avatar
Bernman
RealGM
Posts: 24,479
And1: 5,435
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: Into the Great White Nothing
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#498 » by Bernman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Brook should be back at least by playoffs. A rotation of Brook, Freak, & Bobby bested most teams last go round. Opponents went small. So did we very often.

Bucks' need long-view is still big wing to replace Tucker & balance roster. I don't know how Bucks achieve it w/out trading another asset for the playoffs, i.e. Donte. No picks or prospects to deal. So no addition to weak depth. Would have just cost $ in offseason.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 36,219
And1: 7,696
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#499 » by midranger » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Can we re-name this thread “Aron Baynes suffered a serve nervous injury to his neck and will likely never play in the NBA again”?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 20,722
And1: 2,352
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#500 » by raferfenix » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:42 pm

If we trade Donte do we have Pat play more backup SG (instead of small ball 4) and just run with Hill as our only other decent backup 1?

Trading Donte creates another hole.

Hill’s play has been way encouraging but I don’t think he should be clocking this big of minutes through the doldrums of the regular season.

I could see a deal out there that is worth it for Donte but if it’s a low value return then I could also see us dangling Nwora and whatever seconds we have left instead.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks